North Cyprus Tourist Board - Satellite Cyprus Problems
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Satellite Cyprus Problems

Satellite Cyprus Problems

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

» Read about Cyprus History

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 02:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 163 in Discussion

This week, we have added 12 more to our band of happy customers enjoying uninterrupted access to the best TV entertainment package available in Northern Cyprus, but the week began with a couple of problems. A telephone call on Monday took us to one of our existing customers who, since the high winds last week, had experienced some break up in signal.

We checked the signal and it had degraded by 20%. Checking the dish revealed wind damage - one of the nuts had loosened and the wind pressure had caused a dimple in the dish. I pushed the dimple and forced the dish back into shape, but even after re-alignment, the signal was not as strong as it should be so, we replaced the dish, re-aligned and everything was back to normal.

"How much ?" asked the customer - "FOC, it's all part of the service !" we replied. We don't just install the equipment, we answer the phone 7 days a week and offer excellent customer service - it's all part of the package !

cont/...

0maintenance

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 03:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 163 in Discussion

Hiya Paul.

I was looking at the system you fitted for my friend david & gulzhan today,if i am very honest,i thought david was playing a DVD when they both showed me the reception and picture quality,in fact to be honest it was far better than a DVD recording.

Good luck and see you after the new year to sat up my home.

Merry christmas to you and yours.

Amanda.

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 04:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 163 in Discussion

The second problem was reported by a customer who telephoned us to tell us that they had lost all their channels. After a few questions, we determined that their satellite receiver had reset itself to factory default settings. They do this sometimes because of power surges. "No problem" we said, "Select the activation channel" and we will telephone the office and get the re-activation signal sent. Twenty minutes later, everything was back to normal, but it's a good job that they had bought from us otherwise, how would they have sorted that out for themselves? It's so handy having a local number and local support 7 days a week - from the experts.

to continue/...

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing ! Paul - 0533 869 4372 (Same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years) - Move up to http://www.satellitecyprus.com

magicart

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 163 in Discussion

Happy Xmas Paul,

We had your system installed last week and are delighted with the reception quality and with your service.

Will not hesitate to recommend your company to other customers ,infact we all ready have!!.

Art

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 08:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 163 in Discussion

Happy Xmas Art and thanks for the recommendation.

We installed the new customer that you recommended, yesterday. It was a bit late, but I did promise so, we were there in the dark and when we left, everything was running brilliantly. Another perfect job!

In fact, Gwyn and I hope that all our existing customers have a Very Happy Xmas ! We really do appreciate the business that we get from our band of happy customers. We can't thank you all enough, but then, that's why we answer the phone seven days a week.

Hey, all our existing customers will be glad to hear that "Pearl" is back in rehearsal and will be ready to go at the end of January, with a whole new set list.

The first concert will be an extravaganza and in aid of a very worthy charity! Our customers know that I don't repeatedly send them emails, just the odd one now and then, but it is always a long one - watch out for the one that announces our first gig!

All those 60's, 70's and 80's Rock Classics !

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 3 above....

This week, we have moved customers to http://www.satellitecyprus.com from both Digital Supreme and Dopi TV.

One of our internet customers from the past, (an old favourite of ours), had their Digital Supreme TV set up removed by us this week. Digital Supreme use a two satellite dish set up. Connecting to two different satellites, the dishes were way too small at 80cm. The dishes send the scrambled TV signal to a Dreambox where it merges with the internet (CAT 5 cable.)

The Pirate sends the decode signal to the Dreambox over the internet. These systems are notoriously bad because when everyone wants to watch the same program or, the internet is running slowly, they just don't work. The picture freezes (usually, right in the middle of your favourite programme - it's so, frustrating)

Anyway, we removed the rusty old dishes and squashed them. We filled up the old bolt holes and cracks with

to continue/...

vincent1

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 09:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 163 in Discussion

Washerwoman.

It's Xmas......why not take a day off !

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 6 above....

the rubberised paint that we carry, before installing the new dish. Once the dish fitting was complete, I went inside for a cuppa to relax.

Big 'D' takes over at this point, he installs the new HD receiver, connecting it up to the TV equipment and sound system.

Whilst he was doing this, I was discussing the cruise that our customer's were going on in January and several other cruises that they have already been on - lucky beggars !

Well, they said: "You can't take it with you" (and it's true!) "That's why we're going for the best TV system that's available !"

On this point, I'm bound to agree. Our system let's you watch the TV that you want to watch, when you want to watch it and you get what you pay for. If you can afford it, our system, with the HD picture and NO Arabic subtitles on the HD channels, is definitely the system for you.

There's no stopping or, freezing and a seven day programme guide!

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 163 in Discussion

Vincent1........Merry Christmas to you, too!

Our customers are far too important to us for us to be able to take a day off. We are supporting 500+ internet customers for eXtend Broadband. On top of this, we have our British TV customers and our satellite TV customers. We can't just switch our phones off and leave them without support!

We are dedicated professionals, looking after the IT needs of the British Expat community

That's the service that you get when you deal with us.

Anyway, you don't have to read it !

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 163 in Discussion

Big 'D' (soon to be 3D - he's got 2 children already and one on the way) soon had everything installed and all the subscription and English speaking FTA channels saved to the favourites list.

This customer had gone for the Premier Plus subscription - you can look at it here http://www.osnetwork.com/subscribe/default_en_gb.aspx (click the Premier Plus tab) There's 74 channels in this package including, Show Series (Coronation Street, Emmerdale and loadsa other British programmes) and BBC Lifestyle and Entertainment (Eastenders etc. and loadsa other BBC Programmes)

We also tune the receiver into another 23 English speaking FTA channels too (97 channels altogether)

The price of this package from Orbit Showtime is advertised on the above page, it's 243.75 Saudi riyals = 100.563108 Turkish liras per month, that's the equivalent of 1207 TL for 1 year's access to this fantastic TV package.

The customer was gobsmacked at the quality of the HD picture !

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 11:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 10 above....

Big 'D' sat the customers down and went through all the buttons on the remote control. He showed them the 7 day electronic programming guide, the programme reminder facility and how to navigate between the menus.

Basically, once he has saved all the programmes to the list of favourites, it's just one button to access all 97 Channels. You can dial the number of the channel or, scroll through the list using the up and down arrow keys.

The customer was happy so, we were happy!

Before, we left, we got a pleasant surprise. Another of our existing satellite TV customers turned up to wish their friends a Happy Christmas.

What a coincidence! They discussed which package they had each gone for and it turned out that their friend had initially gone for the family package, before upgrading to the same Premeir Plus package as them

Of course, we handled the upgrade which only took a couple of hours for us to sort out with the office.

cont/..

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 11 above....

That's another reason to deal with someone locally, it gives flexibilty. You can begin with one package and with a simple phone call, upgrade to the next package up.

I remember, when we first started doing this system, we were supplying our customers with smart cards (before their use was cancelled, which is why the Pirates have lost their systems). When the new HD receivers came out, we upgraded all our old smart card users to the new HD receivers. We have a proper Import Licence which is needed to import anything into the TRNC so, we handled everything for our customers. We imported the new receivers, covered the tax and duty and obtained the electrical certificates for the receivers (these are needed to legally import anything electrical into the TRNC)

We delivered the new HD receivers to each of our customer's homes and set them up for them, before showing them how they worked. It's all part of the service!

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 12 above....

Anyway, we were just about finished with that job so, we bid our farewells and left.

The next job was a free to air installation. This is one of the packages that we fit for a one off fee of 495TL. It gives 23 English speaking free to air channels. You can get the full list of channels that you get with this package at http://www.satellitecyprus.com

Mostly, we install this package for people who own holiday homes in Northern Cyprus. What's the point of paying out for a more expensive package when you only spend part of the year in the TRNC?

This job was in Karaman where there are strict regulations about what you can do with your properties, but potential customers needn't worry because we have already done several installations in Karaman including, the Crow's Nest pub who uses one of our systems to provide extensive Sports coverage to their customers.

We were doing this job for one of Karaman's newest residents

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 13 above....

The cable run was a bit awkward because the dish needed to be installed on the roof at the far side of the house. We pin the cable every 30cm and we always install it vertically and horizontally.

There was no chance of drilling a hole through the thick walls of the house so, we drilled through the wooden window frame at the bottom.

Once we had the cable run completed, we installed the dish using a 90 degree angle bracket and four plugs/bolts. We drilled into the perimeter wall running around the house and inserted the bolts. If you don't use the correct type of plug and bolts, the wind will work them loose in no time resulting in loss of signal. Our experience has led us to use a certain type of plug and bolt. They're not easy to fix, but once they're in, they don't move.

As soon as the dish was fixed and lined up, Big 'D' went inside to set up the receiver and TV.

cont/...

aussiejock

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 16:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman: this is a bit overboard, 11 posts really about nothing, you could have said everything in one post, I don't mind you trying to promote your company, good on you, but did you have to drivel on so much, most people only want a reputable Company that they can rely on, which offers a good service at a reasonable price, and good backup support, that's all you needed to say in your post, and left it at that, if you are good enough, the praise that you deserve will eventually reach Cyprus44 and will come to you via posts on this forum.

Robert

Tasgirl

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 163 in Discussion

I can confirm that the team is on duty at all times, I have just be speaking to Paul, 'Christmas day' and still on call....I will be joining your customers very soon I hope, 3 years with Digital Supreme is enough for me, It was a rubbish service before showtime went down now it is C..P. call you tomorrow Paul

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 17:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 163 in Discussion

Aussie Jock.....some people will enjoy reading a blow by blow account of what happens on a day to day basis. It gives anyone that may be interested, an insight into how the different systems work, how we go about our job and the standard and specifications that we work to.

Anyone that is contemplating changing their satellite TV supplier, may be very interested, especially when they are about to make a major investment, and don't want to make the same misake that they may have already made. How much infoirmation is too much information when someone is looking for an alternative?

Anyways, I am busy everday, today is one of the few days in the year that I can put this information on the forum. I hope that most members will appreciate the effort that I am putting into providing information, especially as it is Christmas Day.

As I said earlier to someone else, no-one is forcing you to read my posts, if you are not interested, just don't read it.

Merry Christmas to you

crofter

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 18:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 163 in Discussion

Hi P & G - Lots of positive info here, 2011 looks like being your year. Look forward to catching up with you when we return from Orlando. Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year.

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 163 in Discussion

Thanks Crofter.

Hope you and family are having a Good Christmas and a great holiday in Orlando.

Hope you are taking plenty of photo's, we'll have a get together when you get back and go through the holiday pic's

We've been busy the last couple of weeks since the Pirated systems lost their Orbit Showtime Channels

See you soon.

Paul and Gwyn

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 163 in Discussion

continued from message 14 above....

It didn't take long to save the channels to favourites and go through the different channels with our new customer.

He commented that we had turned up just at the right time because he had just watched the last film out of the video tapes that he found when he moved into the house. He had moved to Karaman from Turkey, just 10 days before.

The free to air package installation at 495TL includes 23 English speaking channels. It's not everyone's cup of tea because the film channels, like ITV in the UK, carry advertisements and in addition, Arabic subtitles.

The package includes 6 film channels and 7 news channels. This package is ideal for customers who have holiday homes in the TRNC because the 495TL includes everything. There's nothing more to pay after installation.

Many customers say that they don't even notice the subtitles after a couple of days and modern, flat screen TVs, you can nmove them out of the way.

cont/...

aussiejock

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 163 in Discussion

Message 17

I read this because I was interested in the subject, but when it just went on and on it got tiresome, you quoted ( no-one is forcing you to read my posts, if you are not interested, just don't read it ) that's a cop out, I'm only interested in figures and quotes and what the Company can do for me, not your life story, you have in your main title Satellite Cyprus Problems, well I had a look to find out what the problem was, and it turned out to be nothing more than you rambling on about nothing in particular, I'm not knocking you or your Company, you may be very good at what you do, and by the replys that you are getting this seems to be the case, but please keep it in perspective and try to promote your business in a more professional manner.

Robert

Quarmby

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 163 in Discussion

Well aussie

give us examples how Paul should promote his business "in a more professional manner"

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 163 in Discussion

Next, we were off to Esentepe to visit another of our existing customers. These customers have been with us for 4 years (at least - maybe longer)

This is one of those jobs where we need our long double ladder. There's three dishes to remove on this job. The cabling needs tidying up and then, there's our dish and equipment to install.

On their older installations, this company used three dishes. Two of the dishes point at two different satellites and deliver the scrambled TV signal to the decoder. The third dish points at a third satellite - the gateway to receive the decode signal that merges with the scrambled TV signals in the receiver.

On newer installations, they use only two dishes. One with two LNBs set to receive signals from two satellites using one dish and the second dish pointing at another satellite to receive the decode signal.

The problem with this set up is that two of the dishes share a single cable to the receiver consequently, the signal is weak

cont/..

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 20:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 163 in Discussion

Quarmby.....Both Gwyn and I wish you both a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

I miss our little chats over a glass of red.

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 163 in Discussion

Hi again Aussie. The problems that are mentioned in the title of this thread are outlined in messages 1 and 3.

Come on Aussie, it's Christmas, a time for story telling.

I'm telling the story of the jobs that we have done this week. I have included some important technical and pricing information within the story.

At least you know that we are out there working everyday, doing installations and getting new customers every day.

This style of writing is easy to read and contains all the information that you need to make an informed judgement.

Please don't take offence. I have turned over a new leaf and decided to only positive information about our business.

AND it's working, if the amount of telephone calls that I have had today is anything to go by.

CHristmas - a time for goodwill to all men!

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing ! Paul - 0533 869 4372

cont/...

Quarmby

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 163 in Discussion

Thankyou Paul and Gwyn.

Yes, I miss you both and glad to see you are giving it a go with your venture, was it me getting rid of the 4.2 spurred you on to........ I suppose you still have the "cats" how many is it now?

Good luck to you both for the future. When I go totally doo lally, I might come and visit one day!!!

aussiejock

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 21:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 163 in Discussion

Quarmby

Well-written articles can provide free advertising and build positive word-of-mouth. ( Well-written articles ) The more specific your topic, the better. Write a short biographical note, or "blurb" about you and your business to go with the article. Invite people to your business premises to demonstrate your product, and explain to the perspective buyer the quality of the product, length of time it will take to install, cleanliness of your installers, your 24/7 call-out service, and your full backup if any problem occurs. The caveat to using forums as a business promotion tool is that your posts has to actually contain information that is newsworthy, and be engaging enough to get people's interest. Has your business recently expanded? Do you have a new product? Have you been involved in some promotional activity such as sponsoring a charity event? Have you or your company recently won any awards? it's a business you are promoting use the right tools and you will succeed Robert

aussiejock

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman

a Happy Christmas and New Year to you, I wasn't trying to get at you, I have read most of your posts and find you to be a very hard worker and a person that wants to please your customers, I applaud you for that, and hope your business flourishes ( which I think it will ) it was just my penchant to absorb information that makes me read most posts on this forum, I wish you well in the future,

Robert

magicart

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Aussie,

Just to let you know that Paul did invite me to the place of his buisness to demonstrate his product and he also informed me about timescales,call out service and many other aspects of his buisness.

Most of what you have written was covered by Paul before I placed an order.

He delivered all of his promises and I can't fault his service.

Art

aussiejock

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 163 in Discussion

magicart it was just the long winded posts that I was on about, the heading ( Satellite Cyprus Problems ) grabbed my attention and I was disappointed with the results of the post that's all, I didn't say anything derogatory against Washerman, I have followed his posts for a while now, and if I do come to NC and I am in need of his service I will call on him.

Robert

Washerman

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 163 in Discussion

Quarmby - yes we still look after the cats around us. Tom is included in that. Gwyn has tried to bring him in the house but because of Tom's, and Lucky's temper it never happens. Gwyn's the only one that he lets pick him up. He loves her to pieces. She'd love him to be part of the family.

denizen

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 163 in Discussion

msg 9 ......... We can't just switch our phones off and leave them without support!

Pity the same didn't apply to the phone system you sold me. It's in the cupboard under the stairs with the other non working trash (still with some credit) which is more than I can say for you

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 05:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 163 in Discussion

Denizen,

You have criticized me/our telephone system many times on here and you are probably at the point at which you will be too embarrased to meet me again face to face, but nevertheless, I extend an invitation to you to call at my house a 2nd time - you will remember the directions because you have been before, the last time that you said that the phone system wasn't working. You will also recall that whilst you were at my house, I demonstrated that the phone system WAS working by using it to telephone you on your mobile telephone.

We have many customers on our telephone system, who apart from when there is a problem with their internet connections or, the electrical supply in Norhtern Cyprus, use their telephones without problems.

As you have not telephoned me emailed me or, contacted me in any way off this forum (to ask for assistance/help with your telephone system) but insist on taking every opportunity to denigrate me/my business on this forum,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 06:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 163 in Discussion

I ask members to view your remarks with extreme caution and to look for an ulterior motive or, another reason why you feel it necessary to use this forum to criticize me/ our telephone system.

I, like many people, do not respond to threats or, blackmail and I certainly will not give in to the form of harrassment that you have chosen to use in this instance.

Now, I know that last time you called at my house, you were pretty embarrassed when I just plugged the telephone in and it worked first time, but again, I say to you, call at our house, and I will show you how it works and demonstrate that it is working - again!

The most common problems that someone may experience with our telephone system are:-

They don't know which cables to plug where or, their internet connection is dropping data packets (bad internet connection) or, there is a problem with the upload speed on their internet connection. None of these problems are our responsibility, but please contact us

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 06:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 163 in Discussion

off board and I will help you.

If you choose not to contact me, which I admit is a possibility given the nature of your posts in the past and your position now, which in light of the offer that I have made here, is untenable, I will not accept any future criticism from you and if you do choose to highlight YOUR problem again in the future, I will have no alternative, but to refer members to the offer that I have made today to demonstrate just how unreasonable your comments/accusations are.

So, contact me (0533 869 4372) and I will help you to sort out your problem which I suspect, is a problem with your internet connection.

Apart from demonstrating that the phone system does work, I can also, give to you some simple instructions that you can follow to run some tests on your internet connection that will identify where the problem lies, and if it is, as I suspect, a problem with your internet connection, as we are agents for both Nethouse Networks

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 06:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 163 in Discussion

and eXtend Broadband, I can, and I am quite willing to help you to sort out your problem.

Now, you have taken this thread off topic, but nevertheless, I have answered you.

If you post anything else about our telephone system on this thread, I will not answer you again, and in light of this offer, I will not accept any further crtiticism from you.

In the Season of Good Will to all Men, I extend the warmest of Season's greetings to you and urge you to follow my advice

Happy Christmas !

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 08:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 163 in Discussion

aussiejock....I would like to thank you for taking the time to write in this thread and may I say, before I say anything else, that I absolutely agree with everything that you have said.

Further, I would like to say that unlike Denizen, you have brought something positive to this thread and I would like to thank you for doing that too.

Only a fool ignores constructive criticism, especially when it is offered free of charge by someone without an ulterior motive so, I am going to take your advice on board, but only if you re-iterate.

Before you do however, I ask you to consider the following:-

A man takes a puppy from it's mother's nurture. He feeds the puppy, looks after and loves it and takes it for walks everyday. The puppy grows to be a dog that protects its Master and his property.

Alternatively, he takes the puppy, ties it to a stake in the ground and pokes it with a stick everyday. Eventually,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 163 in Discussion

the dog yaps, snaps and bites everything that comes within distance. The dog trusts no-one.

The dog breaks away from it's chain and escapes. As he scampers down the lane, he meets another man. What should he do? Should he bite him or, wag his tail and lick him?

When I joined this forum, I helped members by offering them advice in areas where I thought I had something to offer in the way of experience or, expertise. In return, I felt that I was entitled to advertise my business.

Unfortunately, I and many others, whilst being members of this forum, have been poked with a stick repeatedly, everyday! Poked with a stick until we find that we can no longer help members. All that we have time to do is to defend our businesses and reputations against the malicious comments of certain members with an ulterior motive. Other than doing this, we offer very little else. Denizen has given us an example of this, in this very thread.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 163 in Discussion

Eventually, in my case, I can't speak for everyone else, but in my case, the only form of defence was attack. My business was being hurt by a few people with an ulterior motive. I don't want to dwell on this point, my thoughts are well documented.

The Owner and some of the Moderators of this forum have watched/allowed and maybe, in certain instances, encouraged this to happen, but recently, collectively, they have issued a statement and seem to want to turn over a new leaf.

I want things to return to how they were in the beginning and to offer something which helps the moderators to bring this forum back under control.

This thread is my way of responding to their apparent shift in attitude and also, my way of exercising my demons.

Recently, I posted something in another thread, here it is:-

A Public Statement from Washerman:

In the past (before internet forums) people used to finger-point in public, start rumours and spread gossip.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 08:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 163 in Discussion

Newspapers consulted their lawyers before speculating about someone with 'cleverly' worded headlines.

Business rivals and jealous competitors would cock their heads and start Chinese whispers.

People formed their own little cliques, associations and exclusive clubs and ridiculed people for their own amusement and enjoyment.

Nowadays, internet forums allow people to speculate anonymously in public.

People hide behind their keyboards, tapping out dribble. They amuse themselves by causing people problems, heartache and misery.

They do it because they have nothing else to do.

They do it because they don't know the worst thing that can happen.

People read it because it is amusing - as long as it is not happening to them.

Who are these people ? What is their motive ? Do they have lives beyond the keyboard ?

These people conceal their true identities and motives and channel their 'rage' into comments that they disguise as 'help' and 'advice' to the less knowledgeable.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 163 in Discussion

How angry and jealous are these people ?

They are as angry as someone who has just been told by the Doorman - "You, can't come in!"

They are as jealous as someone watching everyone else filing past them into the night club.

You know the type - "Do you know who I am ?"

Self proclaimed, modern day Robin Hood(s) - helping the less knowledgeable with their expertise, experience and advice.

Well, let me tell you - nobody gives anything away for free. There's no such thing as a free lunch. There's always an ulterior motive.

Some people worked their whole lives to gain some standing room, a position in life, credibility and the respect of their Peers - you won't find them here.

Some people yearned their whole lives for a platform to speak, to be recognised, acknowledged - at last ! - this forum is full of them.

There has been much 'speculation' about me and my business on this forum.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 08:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 163 in Discussion

Now, except for when people peddle their dribble about me/my business in public, I no longer contribute.

I don't miss it and I don't like it - Why? I don't like some of the people that hang out here.

After nearly eight years, I am still here so, I must be doing something right.

In business, I give my word and my guarantee. I don't get it right all the time, but I do put it right all the time.

I give everyone a guarantee, even my jealous rivals - I will give as good as I get, I will keep coming back and I will be the last man standing

How do I know all this - I read it somewhere on a forum.

Washerman

aussiejock

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman

post 38 to 42 raised my interest it was more informal and better constructed, you contributed more information and I agree ( no one gives anything away for free ) I vindicated you on another post when you were being attacked, you are in business to make a future for yourself and your family, and you should keep posting information about your business on this forum, I personally think you will succeed, and if you are attacked again, ignore it, say nothing, try not to respond to those attacking you, just keep your post informal and positive and keep promoting how well your business is progressing, the forum members are not silly, they know when you are being verbally abused, they read the same posts that I do, and they will come to your defence,

Robert

denizen

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 163 in Discussion

msg 33, it was my partner that came to your house in Ozankoy.

You told him to get you the telephone number of the technical services of our IPS and you would sort it.

We had upgraded from 256 to 512mps ( or whatever) mainly because the phone you supplied did not meet the criteria that persuaded us to part with £150. You were given the number, nothing happened.

As you have not telephoned me emailed me or, contacted me in any way off this forum (to ask for assistance/help with your telephone system) but insist on taking every opportunity to denigrate me/my business on this forum, As you know, this is a lie, another one.

Hopefully all the e mails between us are saved, if not on mine, then surely on yours. Put them in the public domain, or I will,if I can. Let the members judge who is lying, let's see if these psycophantic newbes will still be here for you. You said all incoming calls are charged at 5p per minute, my callers disagree. I have no wish to harm your business, be true

denizen

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 21:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 163 in Discussion

cont. our last contact with you was in April this year, telling you that our phone was not working satisfactorily.

You replied, in August, now that's what I call service and customer care. You told us that the phone would work on our Nethouse connection, it didn't. Maybe I should have told you this before today, but if you were as keen as you claim to be re. customer satisfaction you would surely have noticed. I purchased a brand new 4gb laptop to see if age was the problem, it was, but not the laptops. Do yourself a favour, don't exacerbate the situation, you are a liar, accept it and move on and all the best for the future, it is Christmas after all.

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 05:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 163 in Discussion

I respectgully draw Denizen's attention to Messages 33-36

Happy Christmas

aussiejock

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 05:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman this is an email you sent me offline, what are you on about??

Hi, after being a member for 2 months, what gives you the right to comment on

that which you know nothing about. Try googling "the internet club" this was

Paul and Gwynns first scam in the the country that I call home. The "Arriva"

phones was even better, advertise a 1p per minute phone systen for £110, charge

the customer (usually an expat Brit pensioner that wants to keep in touch with

home) £150 for "an upgraded system" than ignore any appeals for help when it

doesn't live up to expectations. My family were paying BT rates to phone my

"cheap" phone. Give me your address and I will send you the system that they

persuaded me to buy. No charge, I'll even pay the postage, just to educate the

"newbes" that don't understand the situation in a country that doesn't recognise

Human Rights act, the performing rights society, copywright laws, duty of

care etc. I am not knocking the system here, cont

aussiejock

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 05:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 163 in Discussion

Continued

I love Cyprus, with all it's quirkiness but do not like the way unprincipled people use it for their own

benefit.

Gary Robb, Paul Ablett and a few others, love Asil Nadir though.

I am lost as to why you have included me in this email, I never said anything bad about your business, I said "quote" (this is a bit overboard, 11 posts really about nothing, you could have said everything in one post ) that was all I said, you could have left it at that and got on with your life, why did you send this email to my private address, I'm just lost in it's content,

Robert

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 163 in Discussion

aussiejock.......Quite simply, I did not send you this email !

Further, why would you feel that it was necessary to publish it on this forum, without first checking whether I did send it to you - Motive?

What email address did it come from ?

I don't think that we need to look far to find out who sent this to you.....and others probably.

thatman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 163 in Discussion

aussiejock

it looks like you will be investigated nby the cyber patrol on http://www.cyprus44.info

(ii) Publishing the information that you may not otherwise see or, know about Cyprus44.com

(iii) We will publish the personal details of any of Cyprus44.com 's anomymous members who use their membership of the forum to run down another member, a TRNC business, the TRNC Government or, the TRNC itself.

(iv) We will publish the ulterior motives of those member's of the Cyprus44.com forum. The secret motives that they do not want you to know.

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 09:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 163 in Discussion

Over the Christmas period, we have received many enquiries from potential customers and quite a few sales and this morning we have organised them into their different areas.

We will be installing in the following areas on the following days:-

Wednesday - Karsiyaka

Thursday - Alsancak

Friday - Lapta

We can fit one more install in on the day that we are in each of the areas so, if you would like to be watching the best TV package available in Northern Cyprus over the New Year:-

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing ! Paul - 0533 869 4372 (Same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years) - Move up to http://www.satellitecyprus.com

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 163 in Discussion

thatman ("Johnny")

Your comments in this thread are off topic.

I know that you only joined the forum on the 23rd December and that you probably haven't had the time to read the rules - let me help you out.

We try to keep the threads on topic, but you can start a new thread of your own. If you need help doing this, let me know and I will provide some instructions for you.

BTW - Merry Christmas

thatman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 163 in Discussion

363 days to christmas yet !

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 163 in Discussion

Unfortunately, Wednesday is now full for Karsiyaka installations.

We can take one more install for Thursday and one more for Friday.

After that, new installs will resume next Monday.

Thanks to everyone that has taken the trouble to come and look at our TV system over the last couple of days and a very special thanks to all the people who have placed orders - it's the High Definition that does it !

denizen

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 163 in Discussion

Revenge, they say, "is a dish best served cold". The same could be said about "'umble pie" pity really cos I have a big dish to get through. Wanted something plain after all the Xmas goodies but this isn't it.

After listening and following your advice Washerman, no not that bit, I retrieved the phone that I had so loudly complained about. Didn't understand the voip and falling packets but something in what you said, and there was a bloody lot of it, must have stuck. I reconnected the phone system and lo and behold, Santa (or Jimmy Saville) musta fixed it for me. Recharging the batteries now, then should be ok to use.

It was not my intention to harm your business. To prove this if you send me the details of your much advertised TV system we will seriously consider having it.

D

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 163 in Discussion

denizen

You have just gone up in my estimation. Good on you.

Have an enjoyable New Year.

AJ

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 163 in Discussion

Denizen, there's no better feeling for me than knowing I have got another satisfied customer.

If you experience any further problems, please, don't hesitate to contact me personally and I will do everything that I can to help.

The same goes for all of our customers, upon whom, our future relies.

Merry Christmas everyone

magicart

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 163 in Discussion

So pleased to see that previous problems have been resolved and well done Denizen for being so honest!!

Paul,

How much is the Premier Plus Package per year-can I bolt it on to my footie package.

Thanks

Art

aussiejock

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 163 in Discussion

I had a look at the email address and you are right it didn't come from you, I will not say who sent it, but the subject was from Washerman, and I was fullish in thinking it was from you, I just couldn't understand why they were talking about ( the internet club and Arriva phones ), I apologise and I will now cease from replying again on this topic.

Robert

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 09:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Art and Denizen, I am just setting out an email to send to you because the packages that are available have changed slightly. The family package especially, which now comes with some Sports channels.

I am going to include the new channel line-up for each package and prices. If anyone else would like to receive the email, let me know here and I will get your email address from your profile details.

Paul

susiesusie

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 163 in Discussion

interested dopi customer. please send details

Rottolover

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 163 in Discussion

Yeah, me too Washerman.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 15:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 163 in Discussion

OMG

>>best TV entertainment package <<

Washerman.. do HAVE to keep making such daft statements..

Example: if we compare the number of channels available on ( say ) SKY - the price of the package works out 'better value' per channels - and is obviously aimed at UK / IRL users..

You get more channels if you have a 4.2m and a 'freesat' box and these channels remain free.. ( no subs)

If you like sports ( football) / movies then ( say) Abu Dhabi tv is better value . but if you like 'home stuff' and less ads and the ability to record TV to watch it WHEN you *want*, then a system (SKY / Freesat with Hard drive) is more 'relevant' - unless you are an insomniac.

Digiturk and Nova Cyprus are *the* official sat tv cos and one can go to a shop in Cyprus and know they'll be around.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 163 in Discussion

Can you GUARANTEE continued reception of AD / OSN if the companies find out you are a grey-market dealer.. charging WAY over the official price?

NO....

So, please let's be honest with potential punters

Dingo

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 16:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 163 in Discussion

Digital Supreme customer please send details

snd1966

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 163 in Discussion

Free TV the ingredients are

1......... dream box for satellite not cable approx 90 Stirling

2......... 1.2 meter dish approx 160 tl

3......... one motor drive for dish, only add to increase flavour 50 Stirling

4...........coax cable and connecters

5 ..........a very small amount of knowledge to set up from the Internet

Mix all together and get approx 3000 channels with a lot in English all FREE not stolen or borrowed but all free to air

Try it you might enjoy it

Washerman

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 163 in Discussion

Hi, I have sent the details that have been requested, but I couldn't send to susiesusie as the email address is witheld

Stubs

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 163 in Discussion

Mark

You didnt expect a reply did you ;-)

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 163 in Discussion

For the sake of those members who don't want to give out their email address - I've decided to post the information here: -

The satellite TV packages that we do are all 'original' packages on 'original' equipment. The packages require just one 90cm dish, they don't need the internet to work and there is NO freezing or, down-time. Some of the programs in the packages are in High Definition.

We have several Satellite TV packages as follows:-

1. English speaking free to air channels from the Nilesat satellite:-

These channels are subtitled in Arabic (on more modern TVs we can move the subtitles down to the very bottom, but quite honestly, most customers say that they don't notice them after a couple of days.)

These channels are funded by advertising so, there are advertising breaks in the middle of programs

Total = 20+ English speaking free to air channels for a one-off installation fee of 495TL with no monthly payments to make.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 163 in Discussion

Channels:- BBC World News, CNN News, Aljazeera International News, Bloomberg, Euronews, Press TV, Asia Business TV, KTV2, City 7 TV, CCTV 9, Dubai One, ABC TV, MTV Arabia, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Action, MBC Max, MBC Persia, Top Movies, Fox Movies, Fox Series.

----------

2. ADMC Premier League football package available on an original High Definition receiver

Cost = HD receiver, Dish, LNB, cabling and installation of everything (750TL one-off cost) and then, 495TL per year so, at the start the cost to set up including the first year's access is 1245TL

Every Premier League game plus all Formula 1 races - all in High Definition

Sky News, Fox Movies, Fox Series, Nat' Geo' Wild and Nat' Geo' Adventure - all in High Definition.

Plus 20+ FTA Channels:- BBC World News, CNN News, Aljazeera International News, Bloomberg, Euronews, Press TV, Asia Business TV, KTV2, City 7 TV, CCTV 9, Dubai One, ABC TV, MTV Arabia, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 163 in Discussion

Action, MBC Max, MBC Persia, Top Movies, Fox Movies, Fox Series.

----------

3. Orbit Showtime packages:-

Available on an original High Definition receiver - This receiver is different to the ADMC receiver that I have mentioned above. Orbit Showtime and ADMC are two separate companies.

The reason that each of the companies are bringing out their own HD receivers is to combat TV Piracy, but you already know this as your existing TV package is no longer working.

Cost = HD receiver, Dish, LNB, cabling and installation of everything (750TL one-off cost).

The TV packages that are available from Orbit Showtime are:-

(i) Sports Package - 495TL per year: Show Sports 2, Show Sports 3, Show Sports 4, Extreme Sports, Fox Sports.

Plus 20+ FTA Channels:- BBC World News, CNN News, Aljazeera International News, Bloomberg, Euronews, Press TV, Asia Business TV, KTV2, City 7 TV, CCTV 9, Dubai One, ABC TV, MTV Arabia, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Action,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 163 in Discussion

MBC Max, MBC Persia, Top Movies, Fox Movies, Fox Series.

(ii) Family PLUS package - 595TL per year: Show Movies Kids, OSN Comedy, Orbit News, Show Sports 1 (HD), Show Sports 2, Show Sports 3, Show Sports 4, Extreme Sports, Fox Sports, Turner Classic Movies, BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle, The Style Network, VH1, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Playhouse, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Kids Co, Jim Jam, DIscovery Showcase (HD), Discovery Channel, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, National Geographic Adventure, National Geographic Wild, History Channel, Outdoor Channel, CNBC

Plus 20+ FTA Channels:- BBC World News, CNN News, Aljazeera International News, Bloomberg, Euronews, Press TV, Asia Business TV, KTV2, City 7 TV, CCTV 9, Dubai One, ABC TV, MTV Arabia, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Action, MBC Max, MBC Persia, Top Movies, Fox Movies, Fox Series.

(iii) Movie PLUS package - 695TL per year: OSN Movies (HD), OSN Movies +2 (HD), Show Movies,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 163 in Discussion

Show Movies +2, Super Movies, Super Movies +2, Show Movies Action, Show Movies Comedy, CInema City, America Plus, Show Series, MGM, E, Fashion TV, Fashion TV (HD), MTV, Trace, Show Movies Kids, OSN Comedy, OSN Comedy +2, Orbit News, Turner Classic Movies, BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle, The Style Network, VH1, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Playhouse, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Kids Co, Jim Jam, Discovery Channel, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, National Geographic Adventure, National Geographic Wild, National Geographic Wild (HD), History Channel, CNBC, Fox News, Sky News.

Plus 20+ FTA Channels:- BBC World News, CNN News, Aljazeera International News, Bloomberg, Euronews, Press TV, Asia Business TV, KTV2, City 7 TV, CCTV 9, Dubai One, ABC TV, MTV Arabia, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Action, MBC Max, MBC Persia, Top Movies, Fox Movies, Fox Series.

(iv) Premier PLUS package - 875TL per year: OSN Movies (HD), OSN Movies +2 (HD), Show Movies,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 163 in Discussion

Show Movies +2, Super Movies, Super Movies +2, Show Movies Action, Show Movies Comedy, CInema City, America Plus, Show Series, OSN Series (HD), MGM, E, Fashion TV, Fashion TV (HD), MTV, Trace, Show Movies Kids, OSN Comedy, OSN Comedy +2, Orbit News, Show Sports 1 (HD), Show Sports 2, Show Sports 3, Show Sports 4, Extreme Sports, Fox Sports (HD), Turner Classic Movies, BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle, The Style Network, BET, Food Channel, Food Channel (HD), VH1, Disney Channel, Disney XD, Disney Playhouse, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Kids Co, Jim Jam, DIscovery Showcase (HD), Discovery Channel, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, National Geographic Adventure, National Geographic Wild, National Geographic Wild (HD), History Channel, Outdoor Channel (HD), CNBC, Fox News, Sky News (HD).

Plus 20+ FTA Channels:- BBC World News, CNN News, Aljazeera International News, Bloomberg, Euronews, Press TV, Asia Business TV, KTV2, City 7 TV,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 07:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 163 in Discussion

CCTV 9, Dubai One, ABC TV, MTV Arabia, MBC 2, MBC 4, MBC Action, MBC Max, MBC Persia, Top Movies, Fox Movies, Fox Series.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Stubs,

>>You didnt expect a reply did you ;-)<<

It's the $64K question and Washerman's silence should be telling...

Washerman

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 163 in Discussion

We have a slot for an installation in Alsancak tomorrow.

If you telephone and order before 4pm today, we will be able to install for you tomorrow.

You can be watching the best TV entertainment package before the end of the New Year.

Washerman

Message Posted:
30/12/2010 13:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 06:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 163 in Discussion

Myself, Gwyn, and family would like to wish all our customers a Happy New Year and to thank each and every one of you for supporting us during our 8th Year in Northern Cyprus.

Next time you have a problem with your computer, your internet connection or, your TV system and telephone your chosen supplier who, doesn't answer your call, there's only one number to ring - 0533 869 4372 (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

This business is not about 'cheap', it's about quality, professionalism and customer service. You get what you pay for - pay peanuts and you get monkeys.

We're not box-shifters (buy it in and sell it on), we add value to the goods and services that we sell. Just the fact that we don't and won't get involved in Pirated TV says something about us.

Our competitors and rivals compliment us when they make us the focus of attention by anonymously sniping at us on this board.

If the best thing that they can do to win

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 07:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 163 in Discussion

your business is to tell you something that 'they' perceive to be bad about 'our' business, well, they can't have much to say about their business can they?

It's been a relatively quiet week this week (between Christmas and New Year), but we have still been 'out-there' connecting up new customers.

We have added 8 new 'converts' to our band of happy customers watching the best in TV entertainment this week.

There's a common theme that we hear from our new customers - they all seem to be of the same opinion. It's not the fact that their old TV system kept stopping and starting and was so, frustrating to try and watch that upset them the most, it was the fact that they have been continually lied to and repeatedly 'put into promise land' by their supplier (it'll be OK next week - but 'next week' never comes)

They feel insulted and they feel that they have been taken for granted. I can't put it into better words than one of our customers who said,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 07:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 163 in Discussion

"I haven't paid you for a TV system, I've just contributed to the fund that you used to buy your new car!"

or, another who said "The old system was terrible, it stopped and started, stopped and started - Wayne Rooney missed some goals last season, but not half as many as I did!"

or another, who said "Well, the old system was the cheapest, but in the end, because I had to replace it, it turned out to be the dearest and I just couldn't afford it!"

Anyone who can't afford to have the 'real TV deal' should start thinking of an excuse they can give to their friends when they say: " You are not still with them, are you? We kicked them into touch months ago! We moved up to the 'real TV deal' - http://www.satellitecyprus.com " - because you can't tell them that you can't afford it!

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing ! Paul - 0533 869 4372 (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

Tasgirl

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 163 in Discussion

Happy New Year to you and all of your family Paul, thank you for the installation that you and Dan did for us this week, we are delighted to now have, for the first time in 4 years here, satellite television reception that 'works'

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 163 in Discussion

Hey, Washerman.. I'm not anonymous and you are a form of pirate, too .. I note you NEVER respond to that one ...

Happy to keep your little ad at the top - as long as any prospective clients are aware that :

1/ they can get the system for 170 GBP in a supermarket and the 'value' you 'add' comes at a VERY high price....

and

2/ the risk that being outside of the official coverage area - they might not be able to keep their subscription / renew as THEY don't hold the address / phone number to which their subscription is registered to...

Alicat

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 12:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 163 in Discussion

Dear Paul and Dan, thank you very for the installation you completed for us on Wednesday morning. We were very impressed by the efficient clean installation and for the time Dan spent going through the process.

For the first time since we have lived here we able to turn on our television with confidence and receive a superb picture with no freezing

The fact that you are on call to deal with any issues that may arise is a great reassurance, with renewed thanks we wish you, Gwynn, Dan and all your family a happy and prosperous New Year.

Happy New Year to all on Cyprus44, may it be healthy, happy and prosperous

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 163 in Discussion

>>The fact that you are on call to deal with any issues that may arise is a great reassurance<<

I hardly think Washerman will be able to 'help' you if Showtime / Abu Dhabi TV start turning off unofficial dealers's client ability to receive packages - as would be their right .....

Perhaps Washerman can can confirm he CAN'T offer such a guarantee... any more than Dopi could...

magicart

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 12:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 163 in Discussion

And neither can the companies supplying the Sky system.

0maintenance

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 163 in Discussion

washerman,after looking at the package you fitted for david/AKA/zerochlor i am very impressed with the quality of the reception/picture,outstanding,you may well have another customer joining you next week.

mmmmmm. i do notice now that you have reduced your slander towards washerman now as only being a form of pirate,maybe just the same as all the people with sky packages here,if sky found out they are useing your,"a" there skybox and card here,they may also stop the service,people who are setting up skyboxes here,are they also a form of pirate? as you do seem to push the 4.2 size dish and recomend sky use here.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 14:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Art re msg 87 >>And neither can the companies supplying the Sky system.<<

QUITE.. as ever, you'd know I've previously included SKY and those supplying it.. folks know they can't ring SKY and say - HI!.. I'm in Cyprus and my TV isn't working and be 'surprised when SKY turn 'em off...

Do remember that you can pay MONTHLY for SKY...

"0maintenance'"

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word 'slander' let me help you..

"false or malicious claims that may harm someone's reputation."

Do TRY and point out where I've said ANYTHING that isn't correct or malicious....

re SKY.. if folk bring out there OWN Sky box from the UK - they are also breaking SKY's Ts and Cs.. but they aren't claiming to be an official dealer or making claims they can't honour..

I recommend the use of 1m dishes for Nilesat, well installed 1.8M offset dishes dishes to get ITV, and promoted the use red button to get FREE F1 and other BBC sports.. the 4.2m is for folk who want BBC 1-4 and R

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 163 in Discussion

(cont ) Radio 5 Live, sports extra, etc.,

I've also said how you can get many UK pay TV channels via a ( just over) 20GBP monthly package from SKY on the well installed 1.8M offset dishes..

I have 'promoted' the services of iceman to ensure one's 4.2m is well installed...

Hope that 'clears up' any misapprehensions you seem to have....

magicart

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 163 in Discussion

Msg 87,

Think you may have exposed 6ms motive for his constant attack on Dopi/Satcyprus.

Don't hesitate to install Pauls system-I have and its fantastic .

Happy new year

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 163 in Discussion

As I say in messages 79-81........."If the best thing that they can do to win your business is to tell you something that 'they' perceive to be bad about 'our' business, well, they can't have much to say about their business can they?"

Unfortunately, today, we have been rained off and can't complete the arranged program of installations.

Magicart, Alicat, Tasgirl, 0maintenance - thank you all for taking the time to tell it how it is. We really appreciate it.

Trev - thanks for the recommendation - we are installing for them next Thursday

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Art,

>>Think you may have exposed 6ms motive for his constant attack on Dopi/Satcyprus. <<

You appear to be posting 'blind-folded'... or be 'hard of hearing -

Dopi ... I warned folks so long before it happened you doubted me... SILLY

Using SKY, and other non licensed for the region kit... be VERY vary of a 'company' claiming dealership status in a place where that CANNOT be the case.. and charging WAY over the RRP

Remember Coldsat... Why don't they supply SHOWTIME, anymore...

You're simply being 'silly'... AGAIN .. Don't worry I'm used to folk saying - I wish I'd listened to you...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman

I deal in FACTS.. not 'perceptions'..

Answer these simple questions?

Can you guarantee to supply AD TV / Showtime packages if they realise that their kit is being grey-market imported at prices WAY ABOVE rrp ...say a a licensed sat TV company asked to investigate an unofficial dealer claiming 'official status' ?

Can your clients ring up AD TV / showtime to discuss their packages ?

0maintenance

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 163 in Discussion

Good question mmmmmm.

But can you guarantee when i get on a plane and buy the package as you keep telling us all for £170 that it will be ok once they realise that the kit they sell me will be used in the grey market even though i will of paid well below the price to what it is being offerd in cyprus,but then lets include flights to UAE and also hotel and taxi to take me to the supermarket to find the kit.

Also can you please guarantee that once i return to ercan airport i might not get searched,also if i have a technical hitch here 1 or 2 times or even 5 or 8 times,how much will it cost each time to call out iceman,as im sure he will not come for free as i did not purchase the kit off him?

So in taking all of this into consideration,am i better off buying from washerman or getting on a plane and flying out to UAE and ordering a taxi to take me sat box shopping?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 17:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 163 in Discussion

Dear "0maintenance"

>>But can you guarantee when i get on a plane and buy the package as you keep telling us all for £170 that it will be ok once they realise that the kit they sell me will be used in the grey market even though i will of paid well below the price to what it is being offerd in cyprus,but then lets include flights to UAE and also hotel and taxi to take me to the supermarket to find the kit. <<

I have already covered this...

1/ Some folk have friends in UAE - real friends ..or family - they don't charge a premium to 'help out'..FREE ?

2/ Duty in the official part of CY is 2%

3/ If you have had Dopi / Nilesat it is a DODDLE to install - glad to help for FREE va SKYPE.... I have...

You may have me confused with someone else.. I DO give a damn about fellow ex-pats and being FAIR..

So, taking into consideration that you could get the receiver in CY for just over 200 GBP AND not lining a profiteers pocket - and less risk of being turned off...

0maintenance

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 163 in Discussion

mmmmmm.

We have already coverd all you keep preaching to us regarding sat tv,but you still persist in repeating yourself and trying to brainwash people into your way of thinking.

So if my dish goes out of allighnment,you can fix that over skype can you?

if not who do i call,what will he charge me to come to my house in the karpaz to re alighn the dish?

What if when i get my HD box home and its not working,what do i do? do i then call your friends and ask if they can let me sleep on there sofa again when i return to UAE to take the faulty box back,if not will iceman fix it or change it for me free of charge?

you are fixated on ADMC sports package,when this thread is about orbit showtime packages,are you being malicious or are you confused?

you are confusing the prices of 2 totally diffrent TV packages.

I am not interested in ADMC sports package that you keep quoting the price for,im interested in orbit showtime the subject of this thread

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 18:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 163 in Discussion

This thread appears to going round and round in circles again.

Mark wind your neck in and just publicise what you have to offer rather than denigrating what others have to offer.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 163 in Discussion

Dear AJ

I'm not offering ANYTHING... other than Free UK VPNs to members and how to get the kit Washerman is charging the earth for..

Why don't you just ban me ( AGAIN) for saving members a lot of pain and grief and their hard earned money..

As ever, I question whether you care more about 'protecting' 'companies' that can't guarantee a service or the members...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/12/2010 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 163 in Discussion

"0maintenance"

re msg 96

What ever happened to the 'slander' angle? ;) I answered your questions.. you didn't answer mine..!

If a small dish goes out of alignment - ask yourself WHY - and use someone better to install it next time. You VERY rarely hear of SKY dishes needing re-alignment in the UK / IRL...

If any receiver doesn't work you get a replacement... have you any idea of the failure rate of new kit these days... near to zip ... I haven't heard of ANYONE I've advised on how to get a 170GBP receiver for AD TV to find it doesn't work..

This thread is about 'satellite cyprus probs'... Do keep up.. !

0maintenance

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 05:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 163 in Discussion

mmmmmm.

Happy new year my indirect co hearsing friend!

you offer a sat box in the south,which costs £200STG,so you are basically telling us folk from the north to smuggle or to take a chance on £200STG from the ROC,nice move mmmmmm,maybe you are working with the same company who are selling TCs flags over that side!

Personally i have no thoughts regarding bringing goods from the south to the north,as i feel this island is and should be 1,it should be TRNC rule or EU rule,but not euro rule!

MMMMMM.you have not answerd non of my questions,all you do is say you have answerd them,lies.

who trys to get people to smuggle goods from the south,your brother is a good businessman,you stand in his shadow!you tell us all we can buy for £200 in the real CY,i do hope people realise what you are preaching,you are a anti TRNC who wishes to destroy all of the TRNC,you are a who wishes to try and rule the SAT TV industry in the TRNC.

Dream on l DREAM

Parts of post deleted for personal and derogatory remarks

Simbas

0maintenance

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 06:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 163 in Discussion

message99.

I think it is time you do as message 97 says to do.

You must know by now that all you say is now took with a pinch of salt?

I do agree with your business ethic,but we have a green line,which you seem to take no notice off,please tell all of us what you would like us to do concerning SAT TV.

Do not jump around the bushes please,say it in straight words,lets all stop this crap and slander and trying to bring down other companies.

mmmmmm

if you are a real true businessman and working for the best of the forum readers,please tell us all on a open forum how we can get a sat system in the TRNC for £170 STG or £200STG.

Now come on mmmmmm,lets not smock about with the punters no longer.

I want what david/AKA zerochlor has got,,today now,i want a top system,now,today,11am in the morning,can you point me the right way,can i get a system within 2 or 5 hours?????????????

Do not jerk me off mmmmmm.give me the REAL TRUTH, just this once...PLEASE!

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

simbas

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 07:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 163 in Discussion

msg 100 edited for reason given

Simbas

macgiblet

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 07:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 163 in Discussion

Try Coldsat - they were true to their word, they told us 10 days and they would have everything back to normal, and on the 29th December they arrived installed our new box and card and we are now watching all of our showtime etc programmes.

Well done Coldsat

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 12:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 163 in Discussion

Dear "0maintenance" Happy New Year !

>>you offer a sat box in the south,which costs £200STG,so you are basically telling us folk from the north to smuggle or to take a chance on £200STG from the ROC,nice move mmmmmm,maybe you are working with the same company who are selling TCs flags over that side! <<

Sighs.. in your 'efforts' to be 'smart' you overlook that *I* sell nothing .. the client buys it - at COST.. I'm simply advising folk how not to pay through the nose for something..

>>MMMMMM.you have not answerd non of my questions<<

Thanks.. I knew you'd see it that way ;) [ hint : learn about double negatives and how to handle alcohol !]

>>if you are a real true businessman and working for the best of the forum readers,please tell us all on a open forum how we can get a sat system in the TRNC for £170 STG or £200STG. <<

Sighs - I've posted the links were to buy it at cost.. ;)

>>give me the REAL TRUTH, just this once...PLEASE! <<

lay off the booze !

CarrieRBag

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 163 in Discussion

Why can't you "satellite" guys work together to the benefit of us all instead of all this childish tit for tat. Really is becoming tedious.

Rottolover

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 163 in Discussion

Only for some, Carrie...I'm actually enjoying the "tit-for-tat", because I keep hoping I'll learn something useful about satellite TV systems and the best choice for me in TRNC (at Esentepe).

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 163 in Discussion

Yes, indeed Macgiblet

if they can sort out the clients who lost their packager that will be GREAT new for them !

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 163 in Discussion

New Sports TV Package - Original package with no stopping or, freezing (no internet connection is required)

10 sports Channels including coverage of :-

(FOOTBALL)

English FA Cup

CARLING Cup

Coca Cola Championship

FA Community Shield

UEFA Champions League until 2015

UEFA European Championship until 2016

UEFA Europa League until 2015

UEFA Super Cup until 2014

FIFA World Cup until 2014

Africa Cup of Nations

FIFA Club World Cup until 2014

South America Championship until 202

Spanish La Liga until 2012

Italian Serie A until 2012

French Ligue 1

Dutch Eredivise

Campeonato Brasileiro Série A

Argentine League

Spanish Cup (Copa del Rey) until 2012

Italian Cup until 2012

German Cup

French Cup

French League cup

Saudi Zain Professional League

Qatar Stars League

GNF-1 or Moroccan Football League

Jordan League

Palestinian League

Japanese League until 2016

Asian Champions League until 2016

African Champions League until 2016

African Cup League

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 163 in Discussion

Spanish Super Cup

Italian Super Cup

Swiss Super League

Greece Super League

Greek Football Cup

Syrian Premier League

(CRICKET)

ICC Cricket World Cup

(BASKETBALL)

NBA

NBA TV

NBA Playoffs

EuroLeague

FIBA World Championship

Lebanese Basketball League

(ATHLETICS etc.)

Olympics

IAAF World Championships in Athletics

IAAF Golden League

IAAF Diamond League

IAAF World Junior Championships

Winter Olympics

(TENNIS)

The Championships, Wimbledon

Roland Garros

US Open

ATP World Tour Masters 1000 (Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome, Madrid, Montreal, Cincinnati, Shanghai and Paris)

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

Qatar ExxonMobil Open

CAR/MOTORCYCLING

MotoGP

Superbike World Championship

Speedcar Series

(VOLLEYBALL)

Italian Volleyball League

Volleyball World League

(RUGBY)

Six Nations Championship

Heineken Cup

(WRESTLING)

TNA Impact!

(ICE HOCKEY)

IIHF World Championship

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 163 in Discussion

This Sports TV package can be activated on your existing satellite dish/equipment/receiver for 455TL subscription per year.

If you require a dish, LNB, cable installation, receiver supplying, setting up and configuring, the total cost of an

installation is 995TL including the first year subscription of 455TL, and includes a further 20+ English speaking free-to-air channels.

Price includes ALL local taxes, 7 day support, guarantee - professional installation

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing ! Paul - 0533 869 4372 (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 163 in Discussion

Hopefully, if Coldsat are 'back' this will be a bit of local 'competition' and the prices for Showtime will be competitive.

Coldsat clients should know that existing clients with subs ( in the legit areas - Arab states ) had new receivers for nothing - so don't be expected to pay too much for a replacement .

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 22:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 163 in Discussion

Anyone who has an existing Orbit Showtime package on a smart card and has lost their channels should contact us - 0533 869 4372

We can assign your existing Orbit Showtime Smart Card account to one of OSN's HD receivers immediately and have you watching TV again within 24 hours.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
01/01/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 163 in Discussion

..and what will you charge? - bearing in mind the replacement receiver is FREE to existing Showtime subscribers...

macgiblet

Message Posted:
02/01/2011 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 163 in Discussion

Hi mmmmmm

Yes it is good news for a change hopefully all of their clients are now happy, and it will be good for the competition - perhaps prices will drop.........................................

have a good day

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/01/2011 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 163 in Discussion

Open for business today - 0533 869 4372 - Give us a call!

Washerman

Message Posted:
06/01/2011 05:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 163 in Discussion

Here's an excerpt from a Satellite TV (not ours) web site. If you are looking for a reason to deal with a local company that advertises (and answers) their telephone number - this is it !

FAQ: "Why can't you simply give us your email address?

Answer: we used to do that but it resulted in a lot of "spam", causing some enquiries to be deleted by mistake. In addition, customers would often email a staff member who was away so the reply would be delayed by days or even weeks. By using the current system, we can guarantee that your message will be seen by more than one staff member, so a response is guaranteed, provided that you supply a reliable, working email address.

FAQ: "Why can't we phone you?

Answer: Telephone calls cost money and take up too much time. You, or we, will often not have all the information to hand. Notes get scribbled on pieces of paper, which get lost, so nobody knows what's going on.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
06/01/2011 05:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 163 in Discussion

You CAN phone us via the number on your paper invoice if you feel it's really necessary. However, we can't answer technical questions by 'phone and we accept no responsibility for mistakes or misunderstandings, which result from a 'phone call. If you 'phone to complain, we will hang up. Complaints and requests for corrective action MUST be put in writing, please.

I like this bit especially - "However, we can't answer technical questions by 'phone and we accept no responsibility for mistakes or misunderstandings, which result from a 'phone call. If you 'phone to complain, we will hang up."

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing !

Contact: Paul - 0533 869 4372 (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

magicart

Message Posted:
06/01/2011 07:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Paul,

Now that the weather is a little better will you please call me to discuss the problems we are having with our current supplier.

Thanks

Art

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
06/01/2011 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman

You are using this board as a 'free ad service',I note this thread 'sinks' until you 'bump it back with a 'aren't we great?' post ..

so as you 'bumped' it .. I note you don't want to answer:

1/ How much will you charge for a receiver that is FREE to existing Showtime clients

2/ Can you GUARANTEE that you can offer renewals / upgrades - as you aren't an official dealer - how do you KNOW you can / will keep in with you AD TV / OSN 'contact(s)' ...? You aren't any different to Coldsat ( grey-market pirate) and how will you'cope' if they sat cos change receivers / encryption stds ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 163 in Discussion

I don't pretend that it is cheap for people to have our system installed because we are using original equipment from the original suppliers and we have to legally import it into the TRNC. This involves paying all the associated costs and therefore, we have to charge accordingly. We also, do a first class installation and offer a high level of customer service and guarantee all the equipment.

We have been trading in the TRNC for 7 years, servicing the needs of our customers and despite all the stick that we get on this board, we (STILL) thrive from business by recommendation.

I don't think that I need to say much more, except to say that, the criticism that we repeatedly receive on this board seems to be rising inline with the amount of new customers signing up for our service and therefore, I am quite happy to be criticized although, it would mean more to readers coming from one of our customers, rather than a competitor or, a disgruntled axe grinder.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 07:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 163 in Discussion

Over and above the cost of installation and configuration of the equipment which includes our customer service and equipment guarantee, there is the annual subscription cost of the customer's chosen TV package, but before I go into this, let me give you another reason why you should deal through a local supplier.

We are always here at the end of the telephone, and there are three numbers that you can ring (the same numbers that we have had for 7 years), but for sales enquiries, potential customers should ring - 0533 869 4372.

When something happens with your TV system it's comforting to know that you can always get hold of someone to obtain advice, help or, simply re-assurance that eveything is normal/OK. Take this week for example, when suddenly, everyone was faced with a blank screen then, a message telling them that their system was downloading.

On Thursday, our telephone's were red hot (three of them ringing in unison). Did we switch them off or ignore the calls?

cont/.

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 07:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 163 in Discussion

No, definitely not!

Despite having several installations to complete, one of which, involved a particularly tricky HDMI and RCA socket cable run which involved removing the TV from it's wall brackets, drilling through two brick walls, through a cupboard and into the back of a wall box then, installing the cables, plastering up the holes, fitting the receiver and equipment, configuring everything and going through how the system works with the customer (an installation which took 6 hours and which we finished at 7-30pm in the evening (all part of the service), we repeatedly answered our telephones and advised our customers what was happening and what they should do which in this case was nothing, the system was updating it's firmware through the satellite.

Our customers needed our re-assurance and we were there for them !

In fact, (en-route) we visited several of them who had lost their list of favourites and re-configured their systems for them.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 163 in Discussion

Back to the annual subscription cost of the customer's chosen TV package which is inline with the cost of the original companies subscription charges. In this thread, I have already made a cost comparison and therefore, I don't need to do it again (see messages 69-75 in this thread)

There will always be a market for internet TV and card-sharing systems - not eveyone is driving a Rolls Royce!

There will always be a market for DIY TV enthusiasts too. I regularly see people up on their roof, adjusting their dishes after high winds

There's also a market for what we do. A top quality installation and a high level of customer support and service - the best TV package available in Northern Cyprus - glorious TV in High Definition! No stopping or, freezing - you get what you pay for AND no excuses !

I don't deny those card sharers and DIYers their right to cheap, low quality TV and people shouldn't deny those people that can afford the best, to have the best TV system.

cont/..

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 163 in Discussion

To keep harping on about 'this possibility' and 'that possibility' and repeating the same ol' same ol' is just an attempt (that I am sure that readers see through) at some posters trying to spoil the chances of those people that can afford it, who have worked hard for their money and saved all their lives, being able to choose quality and service over cheap, cheap, cheap TV!

There are many companies offering cheap, cheap, cheap TV! We are the alternative.

OK, with our system, you have to put your hand in your pocket to have it installed and there are no Porn Channels, as there are with other TV systems like Dopi, but not everyone wants that sort of TV freely available in their living rooms. We are the alternative.

Our TV system only requires a single dish to be installed on your roof, a single cable and no internet connection. Not everyone wants their house looking like Jodrell Bank and cables all over their living rooms. We are the alternative.

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 163 in Discussion

Some people want to be able to speak to someone on their level (the boss) and know that they are able to complain if something is not right. Not everyone wants the level of customer service that is being offered by the company that I have mentioned in messages 116 and 117. This is a company supplying products and services on the internet and this is the level of customer service that you should expect if you do the same - as has been suggested in this and other threads. I still can't get over this - "However, we can't answer technical questions by 'phone and we accept no responsibility for mistakes or misunderstandings, which result from a 'phone call. If you 'phone to complain, we will hang up."

How can anyone have the nerve to be so cheeky with potential customers. We are the alternative.

There is a growing trend amongst our customers to order the OSN and ADMC packages together. This gives them 110+ English speaking channels

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 08:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 163 in Discussion

which includes 20 High Definition channels with no Arabic subtitles AND don't forget - NO stopping and NO freezing.

This includes: Show Series (High Definition) - Coronation Street, Emmerdale (ITV) etc. and BBC Lifestyle & Entertainment - Eastenders etc. Sky News (High Definition) AND every Premier League football game (High Definition), Formula One racing (High Definition)

I have decided to thank: all our existing (previous) customers who have ordered these two packages together, and to thank any of them who wish to add one or, the other package, to their existing package, and to thank any future customers that order the two packages together by:

Giving to them FREE of charge: the additional sports package that I have mentioned in messages 108 - 110 which includes: English FA Cup, CARLING Cup, Coca Cola Championship, FA Community Shield, UEFA Champions League until 2015, UEFA European Championship until 2016, UEFA Europa League until 2015,

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 163 in Discussion

UEFA Super Cup until 2014 etc.

The value of this package is 455TL which is the cost of a stand-alone annual subscription when supplied to customers using their own existing equipment. When supplied including equipment, installation, customer service and guarantee etc. - the total cost is: 995TL

Now, I am off to install three more customer's TV systems for them which includes the Old Mill in Ozankoy who, from later today, will be able to offer you more football than you can shake a stick at!

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee - no stopping or, freezing !

Contact: Paul - 0533 869 4372 (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

magicart

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Paul,

Very interested with the OSN package -please call me to discuss.

Thanks

Art

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 09:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Art,

Will do! I will cost out adding the OSN package to your existing ADMC package and email you - the additional FREE sports package is absolutley brilliant and you can please the misssus with the OSN into the bargain!

Also, I saw your other message and haven't forgotten that I am going to give you a look in this week and advise you re: "other suplier". We've just been a bit pushed with the rainy weather and I don't like letting customers down. Fortunately, we have worked late and managed to keep on schedule.

For personal reasons, Dan can't help me today, so, I'm on my own, but I will definitely speak to you later on.

Later........

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman

Do you EVER answer specific questions ?

1/ What about the folk buying the original equipment from a supermarket for 170GBP? They have more consumer rights than someone buying through you...it is the SAME kit, and it works through any dish correctly aimed at Nilesat - Dopi clients have that.

2/ How can you guarantee continued supply of subscriptions - you aren't an official dealer ?

3/ how much are you charging existing OSN subscribers who should get the replacement kit for FREE ?

nicka

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 163 in Discussion

Mark,

Why dont you leave the guy alone and let the people make their choice. People will make their own decissions at the end of the day based on the information supplied.

If there is that much of a profit in it, why dont you come and take him on and undercut him. According to you, their is that much profit in the market, it must be worth doing.

It is getting very tiring just watching you snipe at him from the sidelines.

By the way , before you ask, i am a digiturk customer and happy with the system, so i think i have an unbias view.

Regards Nick

numpty

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 163 in Discussion

Hi well Paul and Dan put our new system in yesterday, and all i can say is we are really pleased with it, great picture, no freezing. Very friendly and professional. Thanks lads.

magicart

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman,

O/K and thanks.

Have been with you guys for 4 weeks now-great system/great service.

100% happy and more importantly so's the wife.

Art

Washerman

Message Posted:
09/01/2011 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 163 in Discussion

I am in the middle of re-arranging the web site and I haven't completely finished, but I have finished setting out the new list of English speaking FTA (free-to-air) channels that are available from the Nilesat satellite.

This list will be of interest to people on Pirated TV packages because they will be able to check it against the list of channels that they are receiving and work out whether they are paying for channels which are free to everyone without paying a subscription to anyone! - http://www.satellitecyprus.com

JSC sports is showing the Liverpool v Manchester United game at the moment and UTD are winning 1 - 0 and Steven Gerrard has been sent off for a two footed tackle. The Man' City game is on next.

We supply JSC sports +1 to +10 channel packages (GENUINE) no stopping or, freezing !

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and guarantee.

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/01/2011 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 163 in Discussion

If you have tried one or, more of the Pirated TV systems, you'll know by now that none of them work properly. You may have three or, even, four satellite dishes installed on your roof and still can't watch a programme without it stopping and starting and freezing and scrambling. Have you ever stopped to think how much you spent with the TV Pirate for a second rate service and compared that figure with the cost of the 'real-deal' ! The difference in cost over a two year period is less than 50p per day, and the difference in quality of HD picture and service is worth every penny. Having already tried two or, more of the various Pirated TV systems and invested heavily in the various pieces of equipment that haven't worked, you need to get the next decision right ! So.....

http://www.satellitecyprus.com (visit website for more information)

Original Orbit Showtime and ADMC equipment with professional installation and 30 day money-back guarantee ! - Contact: Paul - 0533 869 4372

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 163 in Discussion

or buy a well installed 1.8m dish and you can get SKY in HD and UK content .. ( no blooming Arabic adverts)

or SHARE a 4.2m and get loads of FREE channels from the UK - no need to pay subscriptions - you'd get BBC / ITV/ 4 / Five stuff - plus MUCH more..

REMEMBER - that folk supplying SKY, OSN, Abu Dhabi TV are also 'grey market pirates' and you aren't SUPPOSED to have those channels in Cyprus.. so choose someone who has been in the sat tv biz for eons ..

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 06:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 163 in Discussion

Here's some of the channels that are available on OSN on a tiny dish - no need to go to the expense of turning your garden into Jodrell Bank:-

High Definition Channels

OSN Movies (HD), OSN Movies +2 (HD), OSN Series (HD). Show Sports 1 (HD), Food Channel (HD), Fashion TV (HD), Discovery Showcase (HD), National Geographic Wild (HD). Outdoor Channel (HD), Sky News (HD), Fox Sports (HD)

Film Channels

OSN Movies (HD), OSN Movies +2 (HD), Show Movies, Show Movies +2, Super Movies, Super Movies +2, Show Movies Action, Show Movies Comedy, Show Movies Kids, Cinema City, MGM, TCM (Turner Classic Movies)

Channels showing British Programmes

OSN Series (HD), OSN Series, BBC Entertainment, BBC Lifestyle:-

Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Eastenders, Dr. Who, Parkinson, Law and Order, Antiques Roadshow, Pet Rescue, Saturday Kitchen, Living in the Sun, Ramsay's Kitchen

http://www.satellitecyprus.com (visit website for more information) - Telephone: 0533 869 4372

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 163 in Discussion

and here's some of the channels you can get from the UK - not with Arab adverts on a dish less than twice the size ( hardly 'Jodrell Bank' ) - and the dish can EASILY be shared...

in HD..

HD Channels

Channel4 HD

SKY1 HD

Five HD

ITV1 HD

FX HD

Bio HD

SkyRealLive HD

SKY Premiere HD

SKY Showcase HD

SKY Action HD

SKY Family HD

SKY Thriller HD

MGM HD

MTVN HD

Nat Geo HD

NatGeoWild HD

History HD

Crime HD

SKY Sports 1 HD

SKY Sports 2 HD

SKY Sports 3 HD

SKY Sports 4 HD

ESPN America HD

BBC stuff like F1, ( practise, Qualifying, Race, post race forum, race - repeats of race ) Wimbledon, Concerts, Olympics, Golf, Rugby via the reed button

Channel 4

FIVE

SKY ONE

ITV1 - Corrie , Emmerdale, X-Factor, I'm a 'celeb'.. get me out of here...

and FIFTY plus more channels inlc. Eurosport UK, SKY News, BBC News 24, Kids channels, Music channels.. More follows ..

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 163 in Discussion

Watch

Dave

G.O.L.D

Bravo

Bravo+1

Challenge

Comedy Central

Comedy Central+1

Syfy

Syfy +1

E! Entertainment

E4 IR

E4+1 IR

FX UK

Animal Planet

Bio

Discovery

Discovery+1

Discovery Knowledge

Discovery Science

Discovery Turbo

Discovery+1hr

History +1 hour

Nat Geo Wild

Nat Geo

Nat Geo + 1

History

History+ 1

Eden

Eden +1

Blighty

Home

YeSTERDAY

YeSTERDAY +1

Crime

Hallmark+1

LIVING

LIVING+1

LIVINGit

LIVING Loves

More4 IR

FX

Sky Vegas Live

TCM

TCM 2

Virgin1

Alibi

Alibi+1

Hallmark+1

E! Entertainment

True Ent

Quest

Watch+1

Dave ja vu

Showcase 2

Home

Home+1

Really

Good Food

Good Food+1

Discovery Real Time

Home

Home+1

Really

Good Food

Good food +1

Discovery Home & Health

Sky Arts 1

Discovery Travel & Living

Diva Tv+1

Shorts TV

Boomerang+1

Cartoon Network Too

Cartoon Network

Disney XD

Disney XD+1

Jetix

Jetix +1

POP

Tiny POP

Tiny POP+1

Toonami

Trouble

Cartoonito

Baby TV

PopGirl

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 10:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 163 in Discussion

The 'killer'... you can record a prog / series and / watch / playback when YOU want ;)

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 163 in Discussion

And all that Sky costs for the first year including installation of a 1.8m dish is £1,350 - (3 year's OSN for that price)

BTW see http://www.satellitecyprus for details of the Showbox:-

Over 1,000 FREE Movies and 52 full seasons of the best TV Series available to you on demand 24/7 - all in glorious High Definition - Simply press the Red Button !

Every week, the best Movies and Series are automatically downloaded to your Showbox enabling you to watch the Movies and Shows that you want to watch - when you want to watch them !

Use the 8 day Electronic Programming Guide to book multiple recordings - record two shows and watch a third !

Record, Play, Pause, Rewind and Fast Forward the 'on-demand' programme that you are watching. Pause, rewind and replay Live TV !

OSN HD Showbox is a Digital Video recorder that is both HD and 3D ready. It has a 500GB Hard Disk that can store up to 450 hours of standard or, 170 hours of High Definition TV.

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 163 in Discussion

Sorry, must have run out of characters - actual link is - http://www.satellitecyprus.com

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 163 in Discussion

Sorry forgot

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 163 in Discussion

) Washerman

Can you record series... watch one channel and record another - at the same time.. THAT is a 'problem'..

Can you get a family member / friend you TRUST to sort out subscriptions and talk to the sat TV co DIRECT ? .. or do you have to rely on a guy that might fall out / 'get discovered' as a 'grey-market pirate' - claiming officialdom - and you might lose the lot - AGAIN :(

Do you KNOW what AD TV ( say) will charge next year ?

Don't 'forget' to respond ;)

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 163 in Discussion

Same old regurgitated cfap again.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 16:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 163 in Discussion

I trust you are referring to the advertising 'blog' from washerman.. your 'record' on what is 'cfap' regarding folk getting left in the lurch by unofficial providers of sat services is no so hot.....

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 163 in Discussion

Pleased to announce that the Lodge in Catalkoy now offers all Premier League Football and Champions League, UEFA Cup, League Cup and FA Cup football and a host of other sports on their double ADMC installation which we completed today.

They will be showing 6 Live Premier League games every weekend together with midweek Champions League and FA Cup games.

So if you live in or, near Catalkoy - get down to the Lodge who have just had a brand new 40" LCD TV fitted and the High Definition football looks absolutely fantastic.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/01/2011 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 163 in Discussion

Washerman.. why don't you provide us with a list of all the bars showing AD TV.. I'm sure their owners will be 'delighted' to have their receivers turned off - should there be a purge - at the behest of DigiTurk -of grey market pirates..

SKY have started broadcasting the details of cards on hacked boxes in bars showing SKY / Sky italia, etc.. A stooge drinker quietly makes a note of the offending serial number and the card / receiver is DEAD.... It doesn't matter where the receiver is.. and the publican can hardly complain...

Those who 'shout' the most are the most likely to be' hit'...

Washerman

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 163 in Discussion

After succesfully installing equipment temporarily, for trial periods (5 days) in potential customer's homes, we have decided to offer this service to anyone that is contemplating swapping their TV system for one or, both of our satellite TV packages (OSN, ADMC)

This costs 75TL which, if you decide to purchase a system at the end of the trial period, will be deducted from the total cost of the installation of your chosen TV system.

Telephone Paul to make the necessary arrangements: 0533 869 4372

For further information, visit our web site - http://www.satellitecyprus.com (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 163 in Discussion

Sighs..

Of course it will work.. the issue will be at renewal time or when folk who've paid for a year find they've had their kit turned off as they've been using it outside the designated region ...

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 06:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 163 in Discussion

Having paid for two or, even three TV systems - having had them installed, and having seen them fail miserably, there are customers who have lost faith (understandably) in the companies offering services in this field.

People who have had one of our trial periods in their home and then gone on to order (all of them), tell us that it is a brilliant idea and that in conjunction with our 30 day money back guarantee, means that they have nothing to lose.

There are people who want quality TV and being a helpful chap, I am doing everything I can to make sure that they know about our OSN and ADMC systems.

If you can afford it, go for it! You can't take it with you and having worked hard all your life, you should treat yourself or, as Valentines day comes up (her or, him) indoors.

Telephone Paul to make the necessary arrangements: 0533 869 4372

Visit our web site - http://www.satellitecyprus.com (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

magicart

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 163 in Discussion

Paul,

Fantastic idea and its great to see a company prepared to stand by its product.

We had your system installed just before Xmas and its a joy to watch.

Art

Washerman

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 11:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 163 in Discussion

JSC Sports +1 to +10 Channels including Six Nations Rugby - First game tonight Wales v England. Will work on any satellite receiver with a spare SC reader.

See messages 108 and 109 in this thread for a list of all the other sports available with this package

455TL - 12 month package

Telephone Paul - 0533 869 4372

Visit web site - http://www.satellitecyprus.com (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

Washerman

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 163 in Discussion

Forgot to say - this is the old price that was calculated at an exchange rate of 2.35 to the £.

This price is valid for current stock. New stock will be calculated at new exchange rate = 500TL

Buy now and save 10%

455TL - 12 month package

Telephone Paul - 0533 869 4372

Visit web site - http://www.satellitecyprus.com (same business, same service, same telephone number for 7 years)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 163 in Discussion

sighs

Magicart

What you seem to be forgetting is

1/ it isn't Washerman's product

2/ it is a product for ARAB nations and he is a grey market pirate

What doe this mean.. ? Come renewal time / or if the Arab TV company is pushed by a European Company to stop the grey market piracy or lose it's Prem League rights - what do YOU think will happen to folks who've paid for a year... ?

Think I'm scaremongering .. WHEN have I EVER been wrong ?

magicart

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 163 in Discussion

So is the Sky package!!

Don't get me going on this one again-its my choice -not yours.

Never being wrong must feel wonderful !!

Have you ever walked on water?

Thanks

Art.

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 05:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 163 in Discussion

Magicart, if the Courts follow the Advocat General's advice - it seems that everywhere is going to be a grey market !

I was just ahead of the rest of the pack !

tomsteel

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 163 in Discussion

Hi there,

You fitted our system (Tom Steel, Bahceli) last month - very happy. However, I note the msg above regarding JSC Sports etc, which I do not, apparently, have. Can you advise please, can it be retro-fitted, programmed and at what extra cost. Congrats on the new baby, hope all is well with you all. Very happy for email or 'phone reply or via C44. Best wishes TS

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Tom,

JSC is a subscription sports package (10 channels) which includes all the sports listed earlier in this thread.

We can configure your old receiver from the previous company to accept the JSC smart card and use the spare cable to connect it to the satellite dish. We will install a dual LNB to do this so that you get a strong signal to both receivers.

Let me know whether you want to proceed and I will call in ASAP

Paul

tomsteel

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 163 in Discussion

yes please buddy.

Washerman

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 163 in Discussion

OK..........are you a rugby fan, because if you are, I'll come up and do it tomorrow for you, otherwise Monday OK ?

Paul

tomsteel

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 163 in Discussion

Paul, I most certainly am - hence my interest when I saw your post for rugby via JSC Sports. Have now missed England stuffing the Welsh (Sue is not happy though) and Ireland scrapping to beat Italy. Any idea of a time you'll visit - I'll have the coffee on. Thanks again

jlb777

Message Posted:
20/02/2011 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 163 in Discussion

Hi Paul (washerman),

I tried to enquire via the form on your website, but no reply received :-(

I am interested in the OSN Showbox HD receiver on premium plus package and just wanted to know the total cost -> I believe it is 1625 tl Inc first year subs?

Is there a way that I could subscribe to both admc and osn and use only one receiver?

Big thanks in advance...

James

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.