North Cyprus Tourist Board - Midsummer house christmas
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Midsummer house christmas

Midsummer house christmas

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

macgiblet

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Anyone else been to Midsummer Hosue for Christmas lunch, have been a fan of Midsummer house for quite a while but have to say that todays lunch and service was very disappointing, we have been several times over the past couple of weeks and have noticed that the food was not the usual quality, have they changed their chef????????? don'tthink they done themselves any favours today, we will give it a miss for some time.

Panchocat

Message Posted:
25/12/2010 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

We were there last Sunday for lunch and the food and service was, as usual, superb!

Did you say anything to Erdin before posting this comment?

macgiblet

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 07:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

No we didn;t say anything, and judging some other guests there I think they feel the same as us, we have been regular patrons of Midsummer house, but to go for Christams luch and have to wait outside for 45 minutes or more then be told to take your seats and wait another hour before eventually getting your starter is unaceptable, I won't even metion how long after this it took to get the main main and when it did arrive we had to send one back, not cooked properly, all in all a very expensive Christmas dinner which we will not repeat next year.

Carndi

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

We were there last night in a perty of 10. There were not many people,perhaps 30 or slightly more, the food was very good BUT our only complaint was there was only one brussel sprout,a very very small portion of mashed potato and very little veg. Considering we paid 50tl per head we were suprised to find that we had to pay for the water at 8tl per bottle.

Entertainment was first class and had a very pleasent evening.

Did not say anything to the management and perhaps they might have brought more veg had we done so.

erdin

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 11:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations macgiblet but in our defense - being a Xmas lunch with entertainment we felt we shouldn`t rush everyone out by serving food quickly.We told all about 1.00 o`clock start

where we served mulled wine on the lawn however some people arrived as early as 12.30.As we cook fresh we timed our service accordingly.Coupled with the fact that we were very busy and making sure that everything on the plate was hot and freshly prepared, we couldn`t have done it quicker.( i should know as i was in the kitchen )

Only one meal came back to the kitchen where a bit of a thigh looked pink.I assure you it was cooked but nevertheless we replaced the whole meal .

I am sorry that you waited longer than you expected for your meal.

I spoke to many customers once i came out of the kitchen and was told they all had a wonderful xmas lunch and afternoon. I had the same lunch later on and i agree with them.

It was a lovely day,log fire going and live entertainm

Dizzie

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 11:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

I was there for Christmas lunch too and was pleasantly surprised to see the place full - some 70 odd people. Having been in the restaurant trade myself, I can appreciate the difficulty in pleasing everyone - you always get that one person who isn't happy. Also serving that many at once is no mean feat. We thought all 3 courses were faultless and were very happy.

I agree Carndi, Easy G was excellent at the lunch sitting also.

erdin

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 11:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

entertainment with Easy G.

I disagree with you however that 50 tl for a three course xmas lunch with a glass of mulled wine was expensive.

Msg 4 carndi.

I agree with you that one brussels was not much. We couldn`t source enough fresh brussels from both sides of the island.Although we gave 2 or 3 at lunchtime we did run short.More veg is always available,you simply have to ask for more.Our bottle of water by the way is only 6 tl not 8 tl.

I am glad you enjoyed your evening with us.

Regards and merry xmas to everyone.

Erdin

erdin

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 12:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Thanks very much Dizzie.Glad you enjoyed your day with us.

coffeeman

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 12:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

people just want to moan showing no xmas spirit whatsoever. let them organize a christmas dinner and see if they can cope. Mid summers house is a great place and 50tl was a great price very cheep. Sad people cant be helped they will spend 100tl on a few drinks in some places and coplain about three courses for 50tl.

Well done erdin great place great food great service.

parkview

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

I didn't go but I have to say 50tl for a Christmas Day 3 course lunch with a drink which is 20 sterling sounds very reasonable, I cooked at home for 7 people and it worked out much more than that per head.

muffin

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

We went to MIdsummer House for Xmas Lunch yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Yes - the service was not jet propelled but we felt that the owners were trying to create an atmosphere by serving nice mulled wine to all on arrival outside in the sunshine - very pleasant start to the function.

All the meals were freshly cooked and well presented -( the single sprout was to add that Xmas flavour as they are not generally available out here), and there was a more than adequate selection of other veg to accompany the very nicely cooked meats (either beef or turkey).

Because they were fully booked, yes there was a wait between courses but this was quite nice and allowed each course to "settle" before being presented by another plateful - very civilised.

The atmosphere was great and the music by Easy G provided a lovely accompaniment.

We went to Midsummer House for Christmas Lunch last year and will be more than happy to go there again next year.

erdin

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Thank you very much Muffin. Like most of the customers except one for Xmas lunch you savoured and appreciated the ambiance and the quality of the food served on this special day.

erdin

Message Posted:
26/12/2010 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Thank you very much Muffin. Like most of the customers except one for Xmas lunch you savoured and appreciated the ambiance and the quality of the food served on this special day.

Regards

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.