North Cyprus Tourist Board - cousins restaurant karaogalnoglu
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > cousins restaurant karaogalnoglu

cousins restaurant karaogalnoglu

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Restaurant threads posted so far

» Kyrenia Restaurants

» Famagusta Restaurants

girne

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Did any one go the Cousins Restaurant on Xmas Day fro dinner what did you think??

I was notat all happy!!!

metin

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Can you be more specific....... I would like to know why you were not happy, so I can pass on the feedback to Ergun.

girne

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

First the starters where prawns covered in sauce so you really had no taste of the prawns.

The soup was not too bad but a little on the cold side.

The main course well the Turkey was dry and cold the potatoes where also not too hot then the veggies came out stemming and there was only 2 small plates of these for 10 of us.

Tried calling them over but due to the shortage of staff and the 3 kids l had to keep an eye on could not get there attention.

Ergun l presume is the owner also needs to put a smile on his face.

I had heard a lot of good things re this restaurant and was very disappointed.

metin

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Sorry to hear that.......wıll pass your comments on.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Yes we were there and although Pauline gave the Restaurant a good review for their Sunday Lunches, which she stands by. Christmas lunch was a little disappointing. I wish I could disagree with girne, but I cannot.

I didn't have the prawns (allergy) but the pate was o.k.

Have been ill most of the holidays with bronchiitis so doubt if I could have eaten more anyway, did leave most of the main course.

metin

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Girne

In response to your above complaınts........

Ergun has asked to respond for hım, and has saıd ıt was dıffıcult to smıle when your chıldren were runnıng around the restaurant, (one wıth blood streamıng down hıs face) and causıng havoc ın the garden. He dıd tell you that they were fıghtıng outsıde, and your response was 'they always do that'. You just let them run rıot. Because he had to tell them off, he feels your complaınts have come from thıs and that they are unfaır.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

The plot thickens polly did you see this fighting and was your food that bad ?

pollymarples

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

No. I didn't see any fighting at all. Arrived just before 2.00 p.m. left after 4.00 p.m., mind you I was so dopey, feeling unwell so I would not be the best judge, really I do think girne's comments were fair, it wasn't the best food I have had there., but I have had worse elsewhere.

Ergun was very pleasant to our party of four and the service was good. If he had stood on his head and clapped his feet, i doubt I would have noticed. Definitely I did not see children bleeding or fighting, must have happened after I left I guess, if it did happen.

davedee

Message Posted:
28/12/2010 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Girne.

Did you tell Ergin or any other member of staff that you were unhappy with the meal,you must have spoken and got attention at least when asking or receiving the bill!!

girne

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Metin My children as l call them where not running riot and as for the blood my 11 year old son had a noise bleed as he always does. He could be sitting down watching TV and his noise will bleed.

I mean if it was suppose a be NO CHİLDREN then he should have said so from the start and we would not have reserved our places. Christmas is for the children!!..........

And no Ergün did not approach me with the complaint re my children fighting outside if he did so l would have got up and dealt with it.

My complaint comes directly from what l had on my plate!!

Polly we arrived arround the same time..............

pollymarples

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 15:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

girne

Did two of the party (male) have Christmas hats - one with articifial plaits? If that was your party, then I have to say none of you were any bother to us, and the children in that party stayed within the range of their table

and didnt seem to bother anyone else. In fact, as I said, the atmosphere was noisey and good natured in the whole of the restaurant. I certainly didnt see them go outside, nor did I see the nose bleed so if it happened it must have been dealt with quietly, as one would expect.

Certainly nothing happened whilst I was there that would stop me going again.

alexp

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 15:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Well, there were seven of us and we had a lovely time. The food and the service were good, indeed we thought the food was better than last year. Smile at Ergun and he smiles at you! Does Girne always allow her children to run around unsupervised? If so, please let us know where you are going next Christmas and we will go somewhere else!

pollymarples

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 16:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

alexp

I did not see any children running around the restaurant. It really is rather unfair to say otherwise unless you saw them running around. I will certainly continue to use Cousins but it was not the best food I have had there. I like Ergun and would not willingly offend him, however I cannot confirm that there were unruly children there in the two hours the four in our party were there.

I do not know girne but she does't deserve to be lamabasted for her opinion, even if you do not agree with it.

I would point out that if you had a lovely time, it is hardly likely there were unruly children running about, is it?

karakum5c

Message Posted:
29/12/2010 17:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Alexp--- congratulations on joining !

And first post !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.