North Cyprus Tourist Board - Something on the positive side. Residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Something on the positive side. Residency

Something on the positive side. Residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Whistler

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Just to let you know today I went to Lefkosa to pick up my renewal stamp for residency. Got there about 8.15am. No 23. Not too many people in waiting room and not another Brit in sight. When the man came to give the numbers out Joyo, he gave me 501 which meant I would be the first in for the British counter.

Very nice chatty lady, who took quite a while and then looked at me with a lovely smile and said "It`s not ready"

From there she sent me to someone else, who sent me to someone else, who sent me to someone else, who said I must go to the Police Station down the road. All done with a smile from everybody. You can imagine by this time I was convinced I`d leave without it. Got to the Police Station, another nice friendly chappy who told me I must go to Immigration as it was sent to them on 6th December. I explained I`d been there and they had sent me to him. Couple of phone calls and back to Immigration. Still could not find it. A lovely lady who had guided me through

Whistler

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

before said "Come with me" We went to the archives and lo and behold out she came with my papers.

I could have kissed her. After another short wait I emerged all up to date. The point I am making is that even though it didn`t look good, it ended in a result, and that all the people I had dealings with were so nice.

daria

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Whistler, good that it all happened - you now have an experience and a feeling that your issue can be solved.. One question: what period of time passed after you made application? They usually give it 2-3 weeks to be processed

Whistler

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Daria. I went to the police station in Girne on 2nd December, when they told me 2-3 weeks. I left it a little longer (not much) because when I went to the police station, the following week was Bayram.

Jovial_John

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Whistler, I can only agree.

I went on Thursday 23rd Dec having applied at Girne 5 weeks previously. I arrived at 7:50 and was number 10 on the list. At 8:15 a lady appeared and carefully awarded numbers according to the sequence of the list. English speakers have a different number series from Turkish speakers and I got 503 - it was also the last 500 number so I could have arrived at 8:15 would still have got 503. They called the first person (001) at exactly 8:30, my turn came at 8:45 and I was walking back to the car at 8:55 with my 2 year residency stamp.

The people were very helpful, very efficient and friendly throughout. This was my 6th visit and it gets better every year.

Well done Immigration!

metin

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

See my thread......new rules at immigration today !!!!!

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
27/12/2010 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

metin;

They are not new rules.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.