North Cyprus Tourist Board - Non payment of water /tax bills TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Non payment of water /tax bills TRNC

Non payment of water /tax bills TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

Jachin

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi, and a Happy New Year to all.

I have an apartment in Lapta and when leaving Cyprus for Uk I make sure I'm in credit regarding water bill/tax etc.

Unfortunatly, I'm unable to get to Cyprus until May and my credit ran out in December. Does the council disconnect the water and if so what are the fines/reconnection charges?

Thanks

jachin

Groucho

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I can't see it happening, you may get a small charge added.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 14:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Lapta, in my experience, are not very quick to remove water meters for late payment and, even if they do, the reconnection charge is only about 23TL. Once the bill is paid they normally reconnect the same day or certainly within 24 hours. There is a charge made, monthly, for late payment but it really isn't very much. Don't worry about it.

Jachin

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 14:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for the advice. I have heard so many rumours ranging from 450TL -1500TL and got a bit worried. I can now have a worry free few months.

Jachin

nurseawful

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Unfortunately the villa across from us here in Lapta has had their water meter taken again for non payment of 3 months bills. The electricity cut of after non payment of 2 months bills. The lady who owns it is a London Cypriot and had rented it out to mainlanders again. This is the 3rd time this has happened.

Jachin if there is anything I can do to help e-mail.

Chris

nostradamus

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I should have said, by the way, that I have recently had 2 water meters reconnected (by Lapta) at houses in Karsiyaka. The owners had not been out here for well over a year and, at that time, couldn't make advance payments. The Beldiye didn't remove the meters for about 9 months (obviously nil water usage) and told me that they wouldn't bother too much where it was obvious that nobody was living there.

birdman

Message Posted:
03/01/2011 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

I went back to UK to sell my property and move here permenantly. Whilst away, my next door neighbors gardener used water from a tank in my garden that was connected to the mains. He left the tap on giving ME a huge water bill on my return three months later. I was told it was MY fault for not having the water meter disconnected ( Cost 10tl ) and then re-connected on my return. (cost 20tl) 975 tl was what I was asked to pay!

I no longer have a meter but fortunately have a fantastic well which supplies all my needs.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.