North Cyprus Tourist Board - Unblocking in I Phone, be aware!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Unblocking in I Phone, be aware!

Unblocking in I Phone, be aware!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

My son bought himself the newest I Phone and gave me his old one ( one year old ). The old one came with dozens of 'Aps' and a massive library of music. When they unblocked the phone and inserted a new Turkcell chip ALL of the Aps and music were wiped from the phone!

Today I loaded all of the music from my library on the computer onto the I Phone using the I Tunes download sync and guess what? yes the fecking Turkcell phone chip info has been wiped from the phone! So now I have music but no phone. Whats the betting on the music being wiped off yet again when I take it to Girne tomorrow to be sorted?

Tony

AllyTT

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Tony, e-mail me alison@sunnycyprus.net and I'll talk you through the process, no need to take it in to town again. When unlocking the phone they should have warned you that the content would be wiped (as it often needs a "restore") and I'm assuming when you connected the phone to iTunes it asked whether you wanted to update the phone? That would then wipe the unlock they've done for you giving you music + apps but no phone function..

Alison.

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Thanks Alison, Are you in the office tomorrow. I am one of your very satisfied customers.

Tony

AllyTT

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 17:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Tony, no sorry I'm in Istanbul. Won't be back till the 19th. But we can sort it via e-mail, or Dad'll help, don't worry.

Alison.

Swany

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

The best way to unblock an Iphone (if it is with o2) is by asking them to do it. I did it online and the advantage is totally unblocked and new iphone updates via itunes do not block it again so that way you do not lose out on up dated software and apps.

http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

This worked for me I had the same problems as you when I tried the other way!

Swany

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 17:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry it must be noted that Alison and Sunny Cyprus did not do my origonal unblock if they had it could well have been different.

Swany

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

off topic, anyone know where I can get a Blackberry Storm (v1) unlocked?

notthereyet

Message Posted:
05/01/2011 23:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Blackberry phone difficult as of yet. I phones once you get them unlocked DO NOT upgrade them as itunes will wipe it back and turn it into a brick.

PS once you get an iphone unlocked it is wiped back to factory mode plus one little app used to unlock it but you can restore your apps from itunes just do not upgrade it even if offered by apple.

ataturk

Message Posted:
06/01/2011 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Blackberry phone to get unlocked is very easy just go onto ebay and search for unlock for that particular model probably £3-4.

Blackberrys only work in this country for making calls and using wifi to surf the internet. You cannot use the email facility or any of the apps.

If anyone is thinking of buying an iphone always buy it from an Apple Store as they are always unlocked. Losing data is not a problem but you should always back up music, photos and contacts using itunes. Other than that orange o2 t mobile and the others are obliged to factory unlock your phone providing that you have had it for about two-three months once this has been done you can update to your hearts content without losing your unlock.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.