North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hotspot LPG water heater problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hotspot LPG water heater problem

Hotspot LPG water heater problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

waddo

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Anyone got one of these Hotspot water heaters used to heat the household water - not central heating - that comes up with an error code of EE?

Switchs on fine, heats water up to 88c then switches off with error code of EE but works again later exactly the same, any clues out there?

waddo

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

More info: Not the regulator as have changed that for a tried and tested one off my gash heater. Not the gas cyl as have done the same with that as well, now changed to a tried new cyl too. Not the water pressure as whole system pressurised with a 1HP pump which provides more than enough. Not too hogh a pressure as the pressure relief valve is not operating. Tried all I know (which is not a lot) and now at a loss. Help???

loulou

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

try turning it to the middle setting,or turn down the flame setting that should cue the problem we have simular probs its trial and error

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Waddo, if the unit is heating the water up to 88c it is probably going off on the ' high limit thermostat ' 88c is far too high for domestic use 70-75 is the maximum temperature you should aim for.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

We also have similar problems, bit of a pain when the shower goes cold in this weather, I agree with loulou, lots of trial and error,with the controls.

Also very often when the gas bottle is changed it seems to take a while to settle.We have found ours runs better with a setting of about 65 c, if you have it up to high maybe it has aauto saftey reset.

Brilliant Idea, but they do seem a bit unstable. We had one in UK in our caravan, and it was spot on, I do wonder about the how many metres it has to travel in our villa here.

Waddo, how old is yours, and have you used it much.

waddo

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Trial and error wins the day!!!!!!! Many thanks for all the help, turned down the gas and temp bits and aimed the temp at around 78 and it stays on a treat. At last, instant(ish) hot water and boy will I get a shower tonight - not before time I know!!!!

Thanks again people.

waddo

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Ours is brand new yesterday, installed it today (same as previous one in other house) with no trouble but as this one is a different make it threw me a bit. It did take us about two weeks of fiddle with the other one to get it right but it was worth it in the end. Used the other one constantly for over two years and only problem we had was the leaves got into the heater/burner matrix but I blew them clear with a pressure air and solved the whole problem. Fitted water bypass for the summer time as well but ended up not using it as it seems to be better for the water to pass through the heater all year round, just switch off the gas in the summer and back on again in the winter.

Would not be without one now and have spent the last two months switching on and off the imersion heater (what a pain that is) till we saved up for this one. Swear by them now.

Total household (no gas fires) cylinder use for last year was 10 cyl's and thats cooking as well as water.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Waddo you are welcome, good luck, and hope it dosn't fluctuate mid stream.

waddo

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Caravan ones are a bit different - used to fit them as a caravan fitter - and are more stable with lots more saftey gadgets as well but these are good enough for normal house use here and a damn good supplement to the solar panels. Total cost for heater and cabinet came to 500TL (with discount) and all the pipe bits and clips and screws and plugs and battery's and regulator etc came to another 165TL. As I fitted it myself I am well happy with hot water for under 700TL and I know its good for at least two years........................maybe I should not have said that - lol.

rollinbones

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 17:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Waddo clean all the taps in the villa, its normally the tap filters that get blocked and slow the water rate down and then switches the flame out.....

rollinbones

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

It could also be back pressure form your exsisting tank, did you fit a one way valve...

waddo

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Aha, one way valve! Tomorrows job by the look of it. System seems to work well but the spells of "bl**dy" cold between the bouts of "Bl**dy" hot have to be sorted out quick. Lobster on the back and Iceland on the front not really funny but have to laugh at it.

Turned the whole thing down to Autum/Spring setting and that seems better already - temp holds solid at 55 but as soon as you fiddle with the shower control and get more cold than hot the damn thing switches itself off. Think I have it sorted for tonight but will now await the screams from the bathroom as herself trys out the new system.

Running shoes at the ready!!!!!!!!!!

andrew4232

Message Posted:
07/01/2011 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

have you checked the batteries when went funny when they needed changing !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.