North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet Dongle - best one and cost
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet Dongle - best one and cost

Internet Dongle - best one and cost

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Debdyl

Message Posted:
08/01/2011 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Can anyone tell me how much it would cost for an internet dongle and which is the best provider to use. We are visiting family in Lapta this summer and have a teenage daughter who cannot live without the internet.

Thanks

proger1

Message Posted:
08/01/2011 23:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I was told today by a lovely couple I met for the first time that a turkcell dongle costs monthly 90 lira for 10 gigabytes and 60 lira for 4 gigabytes, I am not sure what the initial outlay is but for a teenager I would suggest the 10 gig.

The only suggestion I would make is to mention which area you will be staying in with regard to the layout of Lapta as someone living there may be able to tell you which has the best chance of a signal.

spider

Message Posted:
08/01/2011 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Paul I am sure this young girl would be ok with the 60ytl pack.thats what we have and its fine for all my needs. Facebook,emails and here..maybe a little slow at times but others times it is fast...

Spider,X

BatteryBoy

Message Posted:
09/01/2011 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Spider, I am sure that the person who was asking about a dongle, will not be too happy about you calling him a Young Girl. Debdyl is a 40 year old male from Wales

spider

Message Posted:
09/01/2011 00:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

BatteryBoy, they have a young girl visiting please read post 1 and keep up with things )

Spider,X

Markyboy

Message Posted:
09/01/2011 06:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Hi, I visit TRNC on a regular basis and use a Turkcell Dongle that I bought second hand off a very helpful chap on here. He helped changing the plan over to my name which was an easy task done in Girne. I initially purchased 4Gb which last for 30 days or until the 4Gb has gone. There were 8 of us in the party at that time, 4 Teenagers included and the 4Gb lasted the full trip. My last visit i only purchased 2Gb and that lasted me and the wife for 3 weeks worht of Skype, internet and me watching Football.

I would say if you are not downloading films or watching programmes, 2Gb would be ample enough for your daughter. With Turkcell software, you can also monitor the usage and see how much you have left after every session.

I'm sure for 2Gb it was 40 TL but if i'm wrong, i'm sure somebody will put you right on here.

Also not sure but think you need a TRNC registered mobile??

P.S. I had good signal up in Buffavento and in Karsiyaka so I think it should be ok in Lapta.

Groucho

Message Posted:
09/01/2011 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

You can use the dongle in a laptop... to connect and send text by typing.

You can use the PAYT SIM card from a PAYT phone...

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.