North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electrician - Jobs Available?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electrician - Jobs Available?

Electrician - Jobs Available?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

kelly25

Message Posted:
15/01/2011 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Hi,

Does anyone know of any companies who are looking to employ a fully qualified (17th Edition) English electrician?

Thanks

Geoff

Message Posted:
16/01/2011 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

No chance matey, and I speak from personal experience both here in TRNC and south in the ROC.

If you find an employer they only pay sweatshop wages, with no regard to legal responsibility an electrician carries in respect of his work, total disregard to experience and qualification. Often employers want you to do a botch job on the cheap. Before I retired I lived in the south and had ONE good job there during the building boom years working for a developer - but he went bust owing me (and many others) much money.

Take my advice Kelly25, work for yourself here, it is the only way to earn a decent crust.

Geoff

Famagusta City.

kelly25

Message Posted:
16/01/2011 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

thanks Geoff, I was enquiring for my brother, as he is out of work in the UK, and was wondering what his chances would be here. I've not had any positive feedback from anyone yet, so thinking he should really keep on looking in the UK. Its a shame, as you say they have a complete disregard here for experience or qualifications, and botch job most things!

Smity

Message Posted:
16/01/2011 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Watch out for the Authorities they dont like you working witout a permit

and from what i have heard you can only get a permit if you work for a registered company

Good Luck

Geoff

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Re Msg 4: I don't know about being self-employed here in the TRNC, I have only worked in the south before I retired here. It may well be you cannot work for yourself in the TRNC i.e. that you cannot obtain a work permit for self-employment.

All I was saying was hat it is nigh impossible here (or in the south) to get a well paid job. You can get a job, but for slave labour rates!

Geoff

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.