North Cyprus Tourist Board - part time job as a reader for senior citizens
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > part time job as a reader for senior citizens

part time job as a reader for senior citizens

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

savanne

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

hi i am a mother of 1 my husband has just lost his job and now working a part time job till he can find a full time one with the decent wage. i need to help him support my family for our daily expenses and rent house and the bills. i am able to do part time job as a reader to old people who has lost their sight so they are unable to read their favs newspaper or books anymore. i can do it for them with hourly fee. please contact me if u r interested at army_girl843@yahoo.com thanks. only serious one contact please and no jokes nor kinky things. i am able to read english and turkish

spider

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 20:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Hi I think this is a very good idea and I wish you luck, you could become their talking book. Also I do hope that your husband is able to find a good job and you both have less to worry about soon.Best wishes.

Spider,X

savanne

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

hi thanks for the support. yes because i have a lil daughter i am not able to find full time job but this kind of part time job is the one i can do. i am an english literature graduate myself and i do love reading. i read lots of books myself so there will be no problem if someone will hire me to read for them. not only reading, i can be their ear to listen or chatting friend. i myself have an 80 years old granny so i know how sometimes old people feel and how to deal with them. if you do know someone who need my service just tell them to contact me at the e mail address phone number will be given to those who contact me via e mail.

cheers

savanne

spider

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Maybe nurseawful will notice this thread and she may be able to put a word in for you, I am sure she works with a few people who might like this idea too. Good luck.

Spider,X

Maz

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

I would be happy to spread the word, but I think people would like to know how much is going to be charged for this service. I am sure they will appreciate the reasons behind the excellent and helpful idea, but money is sometimes a problem for older folk. So, an idea of how much will help.

savanne

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

well as for the money it depends on the distance how much far should i go because i dont drive so need to pay for the bus fare and it varies as the distance gets farther. the price is negotiable with the customer of course. and it also depends on how long they want me. for example the bus fare from alsancak to girne costs 3 TL so it will cost me 6 TL for round trip. if the customer only want for an hour then i may charge him/her with higher price then. if say i charge for 10TL per hour then cut by the bus fare i will only have 4TL left in my pocket then it will be like a waste of time for me to go all the distance just for 4TL. so i can't state the exact price here it will be negotiate further when they contact me.

spider

Message Posted:
17/01/2011 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Please post your phone number Chris/ nurse or a few others might contact you.

Spider,X

savanne

Message Posted:
18/01/2011

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

my number is 0533 8414701 i will be available on wednesday evening. right now i am in turkey will be back to TRNC on wed afternoon. but if u want my turkish number u can reach me at 0538 4704647. thank you so much for your responses, friends. it really means a lot to me.

Maz

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks for the info. Maybe if you charge 10tl an hour PLUS travelling expenses, that could work, provided you are hphappy with 10tl an hour. Sounds fair to me, And I am sure you will get some free cups of tea and biscuits!

Have you thought of putting notices in places like the board outside the post Office in Girne, and get a friend to do some posters for the various local supermarkets. The wider you can spread what you offer, the more likely to get customers.

Good luck, and I reckon you are to be commended for your enterprise.

YFred

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

While you are there perhaps you can do other things that they find difficult and push it up to 3 hours per visit then 30 plus travel sounds ok.

You may get even more work if you do cleaning and/or shopping for them. Especially as social service is non-existent.

Good luck and wish you well.

savanne

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

yes i am thinking of putting on markets the advertisements as for the post office board i dont know if i am allowed to post anything there should i take permission from BRS since the board belongs to them so far as i know. thank you maz for your support

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.