North Cyprus Tourist Board - How easy or hard is it to bring my dog to N.C. from the U.K.?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > How easy or hard is it to bring my dog to N.C. from the U.K.?

How easy or hard is it to bring my dog to N.C. from the U.K.?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

lippylou

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

I have a dog who has a pet passport and has had the rabies vaccinations, how easy or hard is the process for getting them out to Northern Cyprus (permanantly) and can anyone advise what the process is and/or who to contact? thanks in advance!

maddog

Message Posted:
11/09/2008 16:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Hi lippylou,we brought our dog from the UK 17 months ago,she travelled with Airpets,we had first class service and i highly recommend them,if you do decide to bring you dog it will have to go into quarintine here,ours was in for 10 days but it can vary,check Airpets out

fire starter

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 07:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

hi lippylou

check out our website http://www.topdoghotel.com. my email is on the website.

we have a contact based near stansted who can possibly help.

sassygirl

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Hi

We booked our dog to fly with us 30/12/06 Manchester to Ercan

11.30pm 29/12 told she could not come on same flight.

Took 7 weeks to sort out. The carrier from Manchester we used originally were useless even told lies when I demanded my money back 2 months later which was supposed to be refunded after new year holidays.

We found Par Air a lady call Sally Tel 01206 330754. Very good service and reasonable cost. Rang us several times in Cyprus to keep us updated. Collected our dog from Hull and kept her for 4 days in their kennels. Rang us when the flight had actually taken off. Their vet carried out the necessary checks and they handled the paperwork with DEFRA etc.

Can not praise them enough. Molly in very good shape when she got here.

10 days in quarantine.

The problem we encountered was down to KTHY. Sally will tell you that they are a pain to deal with. For us it was third time lucky on the flight from Stansted.

Hope this helps

Sassy

flightholiday

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 12:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi LippyLou

We have helped a number of clients with pets so happy to try to assist you. Likewise with larger amounts of excess baggage.

Tom

info@flightholiday.co.uk

mitsi

Message Posted:
13/09/2008 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

You can bring your pet with you on Turksh airlines and if it weighs 8kg in it's container/box, pet can travel as excess baggage at cost of £7 per kilo approx. Check flights and buy the shortest one (flight times vary from 6 to 18 hours. Also do not book your flight until you have confirmation that your dog is able to travel on the flight you choose. We did all via phone and confirmation takes 1 to 2 days, they will email you or call and if dog cannot travel that flight they'll assist with choosing another and so on. Easy really and all went well. Quarantine here is an unpleasant experience and advise not to bring pets in high summer, bad enough without the intense heat. We took our pet through check-in with us and all was fine. Once you reach here you cannot go with your pet but we made much noise and were permitted but a fleeting visit tp put him in give water and leave. You need to take all your own litter, food dishes etc. Also take salt to put around entrances to his pad to keep slugs away or they eat the food. Good luck.

fire starter

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

quarentine here is only a short stay. you can visit and walk your dog twice daily during the week and once on sundays. i have seen so called top breeders in the uk with worse kennels.

our dogs flew on cta. we were delayed on the runway. the airport staff came onto the plane to tell us that our dogs were ok and they had given them extra water. they arrived here in good condition. the ercan airport part was a little slow, but they did allow us to get them out for a walk before being collected by the vetinary department.

my advice would be to put your dog in the hands of a company who are experienced with transporting animals. they can deal with the pet boxed sizes, pre flight vetinary stuff. also all the paperwork. your dog can go on your flight and arrive safely in the trnc.

one thing to note is that the rabies vaccination in the uk is valid for 2 years. defra will not give export licence unless it has been done within the last 12 months. even though the trnc will allow the dog in, defra will not issue that paperwork to let the dog out.

limony777

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 09:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

http://groups.msn.com/NORTHERNCYPRUSPETS have a look here its a website exactly for this subject, good luck

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.