North Cyprus Tourist Board - Moving onwards and upwards
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Moving onwards and upwards

Moving onwards and upwards

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

Davulcu

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi I am new to the forum, I have joined to try and gain some information on Northern Cyprus as I have never been there but do live in Turkey. I like where I live (Bodrum) but it's time for change so I have put my house on the market with the intention of moving to a different area of Turkey. I don't quite understand the deed laws over there yet but am reading up on it and the different areas. Looking forward to reading the forum and gaining information. If anyone has something to share about the area they live, the cost of residency, work permits, although I don't intend to work, etc I would be very grateful.

Pugwash

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Don't mistake this for "a different part of Turkey" Davulcu, it is very, very different, welcome to the board anyway and I hope you find out some useful information.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 15:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

If you are serious about coming to live here - rent first, reserach to the power of 3 and take your time. I am a full-time resident, purchased a property after a lot of research and am still without the security of Kocan despire PTP for over a year. Cannot comment on 'work permits', but initial 'residency permit' will cost you in the region of (costs change almost monthly): Blood Tests - 80-100 TL, Government Stamps - approx 15 TL, Residency - 195 TL, Muhter Certificate - ? 10TL, photocopies, passport photos etc - ? 20 TL in total. There are, also, links above for Residency Costs. Hope it pans out for you.

Davulcu

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

I'm not mistaken, I know it is very different to the mainland but thought I would join the forum and gain more information from people who actually live there or holiday there frequently. I have lived in Cyprus but the south side as I did 30 years service in the army and know that that is also different, I'm just trying to pick the brains of the locals really.

YFred

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

You forgot to mention the hatred he will feel coming from south of the border from my lovely cousins.

Davulcu

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Thank you Tomsteel for your help, I am trying to work my way around the forums and gaining a good bit of info. Big difference in costs for residency to here, we are paying nearer a 1000tl for our residency permit! I am looking at different parts of Turkey as well as North Cyprus, will research and probably rent first where ever I decide to settle.

laptahall

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Gary. We lived in the TRNC for 6 years before going to Fethiye 18 months ag. No comparison! We have no regrets about the move...our only regret is that we went to the TRNC first. If you do go, the advice to rent first is possibly the best you could get. And, ask lots of questions from lots of people. And, finally, think very seriously before you make the move.

Davulcu

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Laptahall, Fethiye is the other place we are looking at, we have been down a couple of times and like it a lot, we will head over to TRNC also for a holiday and try and get a feel for the place. These types of forums are a great source of information as most members are usually helpful and honest. Glad you are enjoying Fethiye.

tomsteel

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 11:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I also lived (on posting) in the south - 40 years HMF (Army). Hence the decision to live in the north, albeit I also have a house in E Spain, and still prefer here despite the many frustrations; the locals are lovely. Come and visit for an extended holiday (I think you'll get a 90 day visa at no cost upon arrival), hire a car, rent somewhere central and explore/question/experience from all manner of source. Are their children of school age to consider etc, etc et al?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.