North Cyprus Tourist Board - If you're having problems with 'Mt Private Network'
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > If you're having problems with 'Mt Private Network'

If you're having problems with 'Mt Private Network'

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

For the last few weeks I've had problems with my VPN. My ISP is Nethouse. Today I rang them and they did some tweaking but it still didn't work, it went from error code 800 to error code 691. I ended up emailing My Private Network (my VPN supplier) and they emailed me back with the following:-

"Sorry you are having problems.

Error 619 indicates that either your security software or your router/ISP is not fully compatible with our standard PPTP protocol.

We have introduced an alternative VPN technology that uses the SSL protocol, and this usually performs better in circumstances where users are having difficulty using our standard VPN.

Full instructions for setting up your connection via SSL can be found on the following links:

Windows XP - https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=17&Itemid=26&lang=en

Windows Vista - https://www.my-private-network.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=18&

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

cont. I did what it said and it works a treat now.

I know there has already been a couple of threads relating to using a VPN thru nethouse but I thought I would start a new one because it is specific to people who use my-private-network.co.uk or .com

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

btt so more people who it concerns can see the info

LaptaMike

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

btt for same reason as above. Last btt by me

nostradamus

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 07:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Have to say that My Private Network are very helpful indeed if you have any problems. They always e-mail back immediately - great service.

andrew4232

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 08:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

only problem i had with them was i could not connect so like the rest i emailed them to see what was wrong and within a couple of hours they got back to me and in the end it was my fault the credit card on paypal had expired so they just opened it up for me with a couple of days until i could sort out changing the paypal account which i thought was good them

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

RE msg 6, andrew4232: Andrew: PayPal should have warned you at least one month before the expiration date of your Credit Card- If you don't act PayPal should automatically switch to your (British?) bank account.. If PayPal (i.e. the computer) didn't warn you, you'd best check all your settings in your PayPal account.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.