North Cyprus Tourist Board - Council tax or equivalent ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Council tax or equivalent ?

Council tax or equivalent ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Additional Costs in North Cyprus

the2ofus

Message Posted:
18/01/2011 23:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Does anyone know when the yearly bills come in for the "council tax" (not sure what it is called here) for the Girne area ? My friend in UK is worrying because she thought it was October and she hasn't paid it but also has not received a bill yet. I thought it was April but could be paid in 2 payments (which would make it April and October). If she didn't pay the last one is there a fine and what is it called so that i can go and pay it for her (if needs be) at the B'dere.

Thanks

Quarmby

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 02:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Don't rely on being sent a bill/reminder. Generally they should be paid from April for the year or Oct for the half yearly payment.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 07:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

What you are talking about is actually Property Tax (Emlak Vergisi) which is charged from April to March and payable about April/October depending on what exactly the billing dates are in your area. It's confusing because the Belediyes don't have uniform systems for this - some bill separately, like Alsancak, others add this to the monthly water/rubbish etc bills like Lapta. Some of them also don't send bills but expect you to go and ask! Your friend's bill will be the same as the previous several years at 1TL a square meter or 1.25 if she has a pool. Don't worry too much about it being late as neither the tax nor the late payment charge are very high.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
19/01/2011 08:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Thanks very much for info. I shall go down and find out what she owes.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.