North Cyprus Tourist Board - Electricity Meters
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Electricity Meters

Electricity Meters

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

kenny b

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 00:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

We have been out to Turtle Bay 4 times this year and we are still on builders electric. Our apartment is on phase two.We are due to fly out next Monday the 22nd and I am hoping that I will be in a position to sort a meter out with Kybtek our developer informs me that there is a shortage of meters on the island is anyone else having the same problem or should I keep my trap shut and let my developer keep paying our electric bill?

fire starter

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 09:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

our friend (tc) has experienced the same problem.he is trying to get 3 meters from kibtec to part his building into seperate supplies. he was told they don't have any right now. also they don't have any of the new ditgital meters they have been talking about.

hubby asked if he could get one from the uk, they could be fitted? yes, but you will have to declare it at customs and pay duty on it!!!!!!

Troodo

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

They came and changed mine and my neighbours perfectly good meters last week, God knows why - perhaps they were too accurate. So they must have a few floating around.

Troodo

Happy to live in the safe area.

saucyboy69

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 12:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

when we were out in August for the first time in our finished apartment our meter was fitted the day we arrived, our builder arranged it and when i asked him about meter's the month before we came out he said there would be no problem as his electrical engineer was a friend of a high flyer at Kibtek (so it's who you know if you need to get something done)...

i also watched Kibtek install another five meters while we were there for other apartment's in the same block each one on a different day !!

Pete

Geoff

Message Posted:
14/09/2008 17:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Had the same problem. Popped over the border to south Cyprus and bought a meter there from a supplier in Paralimni. Single phase, 80A. Cost me 95 Euros.

Broght it back, no duty as was within our allowance of 260 Euro at the border crossing point. Took it down to the Electricity Board in Famagusta, and they then came out SAME DAY!!!!! and fitted it. Q.E.D.

Geoff

simma

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 17:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Geoff I'll mail you off board.

John.

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Kibtek had a new delivery of meters about a month ago and replaced several on my developement which were 3phase ones they`d had to make do with during a shortage.

sylvie

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

it doesn't depend of the time of the day for the price but of the qty used - more you use more expensive it is !!! you should be able to find the right anser in the previous posts - it is very wekk detailed !

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

sunnymark

I think you are way off mark!!!!!! Somebody has given you wrong info.

There are no time differentials for electric. The rate is whatever you are allocated.

You are not allowed to fit meters there are only supplied and fitted by kib tec, no others are allowed for measuring chargable usage.

sunnymark

Message Posted:
05/10/2008 17:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

I am intending to bring a meter out with me next week.

I understand that if you are NOT on builders electricity, there are 3 electricity tarriffs, depending on tinme of day, so if you want to be able to know what your bill is you need a meter that totals 3 different sums depending on the time of day. I can buy this but it needs to be set up for the time of day.

Can someonme, as a matter of urgency tell me what times of day these tariff rates are, what are the changeover times?

regards.

janet

Message Posted:
13/10/2008 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

We have had our meter's for 6 months now but, we re still on builders electric as we've found out that our meters are not registered with the electric people. When we went to the electric place to ask why we were still paying high electric prices, we were told that the builder has one bill with the whole site's electric on it and the developer allocates how much you have to pay. It seems as though the builders can charge what they like, and get the people who have houses that are finished to pay for the building of more houses on site

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
14/10/2008 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Sunnymark,

The different tariffs on a domestic electricity bill are not determined by time of day, but by amount used. If you are a light user of power all your consumption could be at the lowest tariff. As you use more, so you rise through the tariffs until you reach the highest. e.g. first 250 units at low tariff, next 250 units at next higher tariff, and so on until you reach the 4th and final tariff at which the balance, if any, will be charged.

For those that rent their villas out we are now taking orders for coin-op meters which we supply and fit for you. Your a/c can be wired through this meter, which has nothing to do with Kib Tec, so your guests can be charged for the electricity the a/c uses. These meters cost £300, supplied and fitted.

girne 29

Message Posted:
14/10/2008 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

TRNCVaughan

I take it these meters are placed after the kibtec meter and one sets it according to the price per kw at any given time.These meters I suppose would also be handy to check the readings on the kibtec meter.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
14/10/2008 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

They will be fitted/wired in the vicinity of the main fuse box inside the property, after the Kibtec meter. The meter can be set at almost any rate you wish. If the whole house is wired through it, it will show the same number of units consumed as the Kibtec meter, assuming they are both accurate.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.