North Cyprus Tourist Board - doin the national service in cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > doin the national service in cyprus

doin the national service in cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

tye2011

Message Posted:
26/01/2011 23:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

hi guys im a british citizen but my dad was born in cyprus,so i have to do national service at some point,iv been thinking about it and pretty exited to go do it,got any advice ,is it good with beter life than uk?>,and how do i go about joining?do i need to take a test to see if i qualify?thanks

elko2

Message Posted:
26/01/2011 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

When you are in Cyprus go and speak directly with "Asal Şube" in Nicosia and they will give you all the information you need. Take an interpreter with you if your Turkish is not sufficient.

ismet

Yilly

Message Posted:
26/01/2011 23:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

if you havent been to school in cyprus you can pay yourself out of it for £1500 and you do a month you can do it over 2 years and pay £750 each year or pay £3000 and do nothing at all.

If you dont you will have to complete 15 months, life in cyprus is much better than in the UK but work is quite difficult to find, When you come to cyprus you will have to goto the Asal Sube in lefkosa, if you do just goto cyprus on holiday i wpould advise going to the asal sube just to get your army leaving papers which will allow you to go in and out North Cyprus for a maximum of 90 days per year

I completed my national service last year and was a very good experience, but i paid my self out and only completed a month spread over 2 years

brother

Message Posted:
27/01/2011 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I think there was an age limit of 56 but not sure - anyone else care to comment?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
27/01/2011 06:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

There is no age limit guys.We went through alot to sort out 65 year old friends situation last year.

I'm afraid,you either pay the money or do the time.

Thats providing medicaly ther is nothing wrong with you.

tilley

Message Posted:
27/01/2011 10:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

I am a English my husband is Cypriot, and we have been here 8 years, my son is currently doing his national service, he would advise, that if there is any way you can reduce your time or pay your way through it would be better for you. If you have completed university you can go in as Cavus (sergeant),and you do 12 months if not then you go in as Er(private) which is 15months. If your Turkish is very limited you are going to find it very hard. My son couldn't speak any Turkish when we came,he completed Lise and went to Yakin Dogu and now his Turkish is good, but he is having a very hard time with understanding the commands. Also as Cavus you get every other weekend off and 1 night a week of, as ER you get 1 weekend off a month, there is a big difference. It is your decision, it certainly will be an experience you wont forget.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.