North Cyprus Tourist Board - Dogs haveing to be put to sleep
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Dogs haveing to be put to sleep

Dogs haveing to be put to sleep

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

spider

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

There are a few posts on here asking for homes for their dog, as due to unforeseen circumstances they are unable to take them with them. and very sad this is. We rescued Chelsea the 13yr old German shepherd from the forum due to similar circumstances. We had her for 18months and she was a wonderful dog, very devoted and loving natured.He back legs would no longer work and she was bewildered. It was a very very sad day indeed when the Vet came to the house and put her to sleep, we were with her and holding her,two tears dropped from her eyes. Our other dogs even the cats knew what was going on and for weeks after like us kept looking for her. she is sadly missed but we are thankful to have had the 18months with such a dog,who will remain in our hearts forever. Please, Please if one of you can help some of these dogs that are about to be put to sleep as the other alternative is the big 'P' on the streets. And we all agree a terrible way to dye.

continued...

spider

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

I hope that by sharing with you our story. Someone might go and see these dogs and think of whats in store for them..If you think a dog is for life and you can keep and give a dog a LIFE....Please try, you will gain so ver very much.

Spider,X

tiara

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

sad story spider and its a very big shame there are all these homeless dogs, lets hope your message influences someone on giving them a home.

spider

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

I do hope so because she was the best dog in the world. everyone loved her and thought her fantastic with the grandchildren, and boy did that worry ME..she just was not bother at all and most dogs are like that they just need the love and hug, food and warm bed..She is missed.

And yes I do not like the thought of these others up here looking for love and they will be put down or put out..end of,some people feel they have no choice.and some just have NO CHOICE. very sad.

Spider,X

tiara

Message Posted:
28/01/2011 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

it is very sad i know exactly where you are coming from i had my 16 year old dog put to sleep. Saddest day... I think it would help if people realy took time to thinking about getting a dog in the first place as it is a very big responsibility.

spider

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Thats not always the case as things in life change, health worries, money worries. loss of a loved one bring in less income. things happen that are at time just out of our control. No one who has a dog for a long time WANTS TO PART WITH THEM, THEY LOVE THEM AND WILL SUFFER TOO. THESE POOR DOGS SHOULD NOT NEED TO SUFFER..what choice is the....Be put to sleep or left on the streets. no other way :( :( sometimes...........

Just walk their walk too.feel their pain, but just think of how much these dog can give, CAN YOU :(

Spider,X

tiara

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 00:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

true... Well all we can do is hope the best for them and spread the word so they can have a loving home...

spider

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Our Gemma, half Saff half Jack Russel such a lovely little thing, she came over with us age 6yrs, She picked up the big 'P' and died an horrendous death, Mr Spider was here alone at the time and very distressed, NO DOG should suffer like this. He was so upset that he just lay down beside her on our bed all night, so distressing till he could find the strength in the morning to bury her. She did not deserve her last few moments to suffer in this way.

She gave to us everything. Can you give and save the suffering that undoubtedly will happen to one of these dogs on 44 at the moment..Can you love one. Can you try.

Spider,X

LizandKen

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Spider, your postings touched my heart. We very sadly had to have our rough collie, Maggie, put to sleep August last year because of ill health. She was 12 years old and we'd had her since she was a 6 week old pup - she was a wonderful dog. The photos of Missy touched me too as she looks just like Maggie. We are sadly in a position where we cannot take in Missy as we already have a dog and have just taken on another puppy and would not be able to give Missy the attention she deserves at a time like this. I just hope someone can help out here, not just with Missy, but with all the other dogs that need rehomed.

rdsteve

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Why is it animals break your heart when anything happens to them. All these dogs being being left or dumped do not deserve to be treated this way. I know circumstances change but taking an animal on is a big commitment whether it is a cat or a dog. I rehome a Springer spaniel 12 months ago and the joy i have had with Smuggler is immense. My circumstances have changed where i have got to go back to the UK but i will be taking Smuggler with me as i cannot imagine life without him now. In my opinion it is easier to get over marriage break up than losing an animal.

Spider your story moved me and i respect you for prolonging the life of that dog by 18 months.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Spider sad story most people are big softies for there pets and it is heart breaking when they die.i thought they were not allowed to put a healthy dog down in the trnc ? a dog in Cyprus is not always for life and people should not be abused when the need to re-home them at least they have had a good few comfy years instead of a short life on the streets.I am all for putting the majority of the strays to sleep to try and get things under control.

valarius

Message Posted:
29/01/2011 15:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Message 10 How much does it cost to transport a dog to the UK? And what is needed to do it. When i read Mess 1 I just started crying it was so sad.

spider

Message Posted:
30/01/2011 02:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

I have been told that some vets will give your dog a sedative to keep the asleep while you go to another country, like an EU. But you have to have all their paper work up to date,,,

Spider,X

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.