North Cyprus Tourist Board - setanta sports
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > setanta sports

setanta sports

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

simbas

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 14:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

has anyone successfully cancelled their subscription with these people , my son only joined to see one fight last may , and the saga goes on and on

simbas

Coachie

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 16:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

hi simbas ..I hope he hasnt signed a12 months subscription because ir he das he will have to pay the rest.Have alook at the small print in his contract...

KAVENKOY

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

my friend has cancelled ,admittedly he has had it a year .

they also took a £10 cancellation fee.and if he wants it again its the £10 connection fee.

if i recall its only irish sky anyway and just away of spreading the games from one to another

kav

Coachie

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

hi simbas-kavenkoy...Ihave a cable package with virgin TV/Broadband/phone/unlimited calls, Not 08...codes 40pounds amonth, the tv package includes the satanta channels.can watch the golf ,footy and boxing...

simbas

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

hi ,no infact he did'nt sign anything , it was done over the phone , it was for a fight he wanted to see that night , he lives in barcelona and told them he just wanted it for that night , he was told he would have subscribe then cancel in writing ,that was last may , i posted the cancellation letter myself , we were told they had'nt recieved it !! so he did it all over again and surprise surprise they did'nt recieve it , we had a copy of the letter he sent , and they still would'nt believe us , today as a result of a letter we recieved and told to contact them , after 70mins of going through a selection list still could'nt get through , that phone call must have cost a small fortune . i then e-mailed them and had a response saying they would contact in 5 days , i think it was a standard lettered response . so we will see , its just so very annoying

regards simbas

Coachie

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

hi simbas..are they ..uk based. If they are send them recorded delivery then you have proof that you have written. I am having a bit of trouble wih a firm in Sussex who are saying t6hey had a contract from me to maintain my Sky set up.Ihave not had Sky for over 12months so Icontacted the Trading Standards office and they told me what Ihave mention here in this post to youand if Ihad anymore calls off them or mail Iwas to call back and they would take it from there...

Turtle

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Satanta, Just another way of extracting more money from the Sky viewer

What a con

simbas

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

hi coachie yeh , they are uk based , i did'nt send it recorded delivery though , did'nt think i would have to , but on reflection i should have done , ah well , i will wait and see what they say next

regards simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

yeh turtle , ain't that the truth

regards , simbas

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 10:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Turtle, you are so right.

iceman

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 13:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Setanta Revises Cancellation Policy

Following the complaints on martin lewis money saving forum, and a BBC Radio 5 programme (which Martin appeared on and frankly Setanta received a kicking from callers) after reviewing the critism it received over its 60-day, post-only cancellation policy, Setanta has issued the following statement, effective immediately:

its customer contract policy. Setanta will now be accepting 30 days cancellation notice instead of the previous 60 days.

The requirement for official written notice has also been modified to the effect that such notice can now be submitted by either email or letter; a change from the original policy where only postal letter was accepted. As is common practice for subscription services, Setanta has retained the need for written confirmation in order to ensure that requests can be evidenced and properly processed.

This revision is part of Setanta’s ongoing programme of continuous improvement of its customer service processes.

Richard Brooke, Corporate Development Director, Setanta Sports, said: “We have listened to the views of customers and have decided to respond with immediate effect by reducing our cancellation notice from 60 to 30 days. This reflects our belief in delivering sports fans with exclusively live premium sports content at good, honest value pricing”. "

How to cancel

You can now email your cancellation request to request@setanta.com. The cancellation will take effect 30 days from the next billing date.

Many MoneySavers have reported problems trying to cancel their Setanta Sports subscriptions, so we've contacted Setanta's press office and asked what the procedure is.

It's one of the worse cancellation systems I've seen

Frankly once I read it, I wasn't surprised there've been problems, this is perhaps the worst

cancellation system I've seen from a major company.

Outrageously, while you can call up and sign up over the phone, you can ONLY cancel in writing (paper, not e-mail) giving 60 days notice from your next billing date. The 60 days only begins from when the letter's received. This is something that anyone considering signing up and trying Setanta should bear in mind.

How to cancel

So if you want to cancel, jot out a quick letter as soon as possible including your name, address, phone number and Setanta account number (if you have one) to be sure. It's also worth noting down when you wrote and sent the letter in case of further problems.

Send the letter to the following address

Setanta Sports

PO BOX 182

The Quays

Newry

Co. Down

BT35 5AT

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.