North Cyprus Tourist Board - Are a certain M/C having problems ??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Are a certain M/C having problems ??

Are a certain M/C having problems ??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

johndp

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 42 in Discussion

The M/C who are currently employed to look after the complex on which I own an apartment, seem to be having staffing problems, they have lost members of key staff recently, could this possibly be part of the problem as to why the complex is not being correctly looked after and supervised ??

I am shocked and amazed that other vociferous posters have nothing to say on this matter.

I am also amazed that the 'interim' committee do not answer or acknowledge e-mails addressed to them, are there things that the owners should know but are being denied access to in the hope that things might improve at some point in the future.

The monthly site account report has still not been updated !! - and yes we have asked why - but no answers as yet ?

And no word of the requested EGM - is this illegal

Scoty

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 42 in Discussion

Re EGM - surely the owners can call one at any time to get things sorted / put into perspective

johndp

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 42 in Discussion

We have asked the committee to do it as is the proper way is it not ?

fosterscan

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 42 in Discussion

John can you not get email address of the owners i am sure if you ask enough people you will get a fair amount of owners emails .Then you can comunicate with them as to what is happening or not happening. Do you know anyone who lives on site if you dont who you can trust to give you the truth. It seams to me you are on a large complex with a lot of owners who bought as long term investments so not interested in the short term.

Scoty

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 42 in Discussion

Yes - however, are the committee committed in moving forward. If not, is it possible to elect a new one. Owners should not suffer due to the 'lack of interest/inability' of a committee to work with a company. EGM obviously required to get owners together.

Bound to be beneficial to all who have a 'real' interest in the site

Pugwash

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 42 in Discussion

It appears I would say,

"has a certain person got an agenda?"

johndp

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 42 in Discussion

Fosterscan, I have been trying to get the committee to take responsibility as there are supposed to be a couple of really decent people on it, however it might be a case of preservation of their self elected positions, as we cant get answers from them either? however we have just today got someone else who lives on the complex to agree to push this forward as it is really unfair to expect owners to have to suffer another year of this ongoing situation, If the M/C published the names and apartment numbers of the non payers it would be a starting point, they can do it on other sites they manage so we must ask why they dont do it on our site ?

johndp

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 42 in Discussion

Most certainly Kate, the "agenda" is to get a properly and democratically elected committee in place, an open and fair M/C running the complex properly and to get all owners to pay their maintenance so that they can do just that, now do you have a problem with that "agenda" ?

billybob

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 21:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 42 in Discussion

Any feedback from rottolover yet ??

racoonchic

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 42 in Discussion

who ,s looking after turquoise bay at the moment.. can i ask. a lot trust a few people on turtle bay who do property managment.. no names given as apparently they can be quite nasty,,x

johndp

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 42 in Discussion

What has Turtle got to do with Turquoise Ricky ?? although I here they are having plenty problems of there own just now

Deniz1

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 13:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 42 in Discussion

Which complex are you on?

racoonchic

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 42 in Discussion

sorry mate i meant is the same company on turtle bay looking after turquoise as well jules and charlie have a management company

billybob

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 42 in Discussion

Are they not the old glenco or did they steal it

Rottolover

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 42 in Discussion

Hi Billybob,

I'm no one special, just an interested bystander. I haven't been there yet, but today is fine and clear, so I may drop down there this afternoon.

I will get back to you after I've had a butcher's at it all.

billybob

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 42 in Discussion

Thanks mate it will be good to get feedback from another complete nuteral, just be carefull you dont get attacked as being a member of a gang thats against everything *gotta be carefull not to say anything against certain members on here you know *

Dont walk on the pavements outside B 11 -12 -13 - tho and mind the holes in the roads and collapsed walls

Good luck

Rottolover

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 42 in Discussion

OK, just been for a slow drive around the site, and only noticed things from inside the car.

Yes, lots of subsidence in a number of footpaths, and many cracks in house walls...number B4 didn't look too flash.

The central swimming pool looked very lonely and unusable, although there was another further down that seemed filled and OK.

I couldn't see any sign of what I understand to be a "silent policeman", but there were a number of what I'd call speed humps in the roadways...are they supposed to be to prevent speeding, or stop flooding?

There was some sign of uncompleted road and parhway construction, or repair, which didn't look good, and that plus the number of uncompleted units gave the whole place an air of "down" that was quite noticeable.

There are a couple of large, undeveloped central areas (dead bushes) which I imagine are marked for further units, but currently look very untidy and in fact, in Australia, they'd be classed as significant fire hazards.

Rottolover

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 42 in Discussion

But, to put a more positive spin on things, I reckon with some good will, good management and a little more community spirit, the place could be refurbished and brought up to an attractive standard.

It would mean everyone, and I mean everyone, contributing what they should at the due time, and the management company doing the things they are undoubtedly charging you all for...

johndp

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 17:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 42 in Discussion

Thank you - thank you - thank you, rottolover, you are an independent arbiter and what you say is absolutely spot on, it is about time some people took their heads out of the sand and stopped blaming a past M/C for things that were and still are outwith the control of M/C and started putting their efforts into tackling the REAL problem, unfortunately that will not happen as far as pipie is concerned "will it pipie" you cannot see that all the blame you attributed to the last M/C was in fact sh1te, and the present committee for the most part are as pissed off as the rest of us with the lack of progress, but what can they do ?? and some of THEM were non payers when glencoe were trying to get things moving, SHAME on them for even thinking of being on a committee now, no moral fibre and 2 faced or what !!, M/C even trying to get repairs done by those who were not good enough to do the works before !! I ask you ?

Lazy days

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 09:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 42 in Discussion

Thank you Ian for your unbiased and frank report on the current situation on TQB, perhaps at long last those people who laid the blame for all the ills at the feet of the last M/C will now be able to admit their mistakes and finally agree that they did a damned fine job, considering they were starting from the beginning with few contact names supplied, perhaps now those who didn't pay on time or didn't pay at all can take time to reflect on their actions and how it contributed to the present situation on the site in which they made an investment.

Perhaps also those people who didn't pay before because they didn't have a contract, can now ask themselves why they feel fit to pay now, still without one, while thinking they are capable of representing other owners on a committee when they themselves owe money for maintenance.

It also seems the "real" figure for payers on site is only 55% mm ?

Although we are shortly to leave the Island we will follow the TQB saga with interest

billybob

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 17:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 42 in Discussion

Would pipie like to make comment on the figures published on the m/c website of 55% payers, after all she said on here the figure was more than 75% payers, or is she competing with the politicos spin doctors or just plain lying ????

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 42 in Discussion

Oh to be a committee member a thankless task. Lots of people have opinions and rant and rave but do nothing. Actions speak louder than words, hope you all get there in the end

johndp

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 42 in Discussion

Blackpoolfan pipie aint on a committee just a troublesome ranter and raver as you said, but as me old gran said you can watch a thief but you cant watch a liar lol

Scoty

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 10:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 42 in Discussion

Heard a whisper - unconfirmed - that maintenance work is going to be done soon on repairing damaged walls on said site. Anyone know if this is true - looks like some progress being made - if it is.

billybob

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 42 in Discussion

Just read this on the *other* forum Scoty

and there is a great piece from greg who has done some calculations based on the payers on the site and the figures Lynx dish out evry month, and its no wonder Lynx is doing nowt, they dont have any bloody money to do it, it seems as if theres more non payers now than what there used to be.

Hear a deal has been done with a local guy to get the wall fixed as you said, which makes me ask the question is there no community insurance now to cover things like this happening ??

By the way as a matter of interest theres hell going on next door as well on the Turtle site, people not happy about the 15% increase being put on them as well, it will be increases all round on TBR next watch this space

CJtill

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 42 in Discussion

It should be the elected Committee who should be setting the fees and calling the tune, not the management company. It all sounds axxe about face to me, or am I missing something here?

Michael

fosterscan

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 42 in Discussion

It sounds like the elected committee are not interested or approachable on this site.How come so many wont pay its probably a catch 22 no money =no inprovment.

johndp

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 00:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 42 in Discussion

Unfortunately all the committee live overseas and they are self appointed they were never voted in, one of them was a previous non payer and that dont sit well with me and probably some others, I am led told some of them are ok people but they are relying on the M/C telling THEM things, some owners think things have improved under the present m/c but nothing can be further from the truth, that is why we were so glad to see rottolover & scoty & sienna & isabella, the twirlys and others visiting the place and giving an un biased opinion, i hope those owners wake up and smell the coffee, this isnt about personalities but about peoples homes/holiday homes/investments, as billy bob says earlier somebody did a breakdown of the actual figures the M/C supply every month and from Nov 09 to Oct 10 the expenditure exceeded the income and for the past 7/8 months the fund has been in the red, yet we have muppets coming on here singing from the rooftops about most people now paying *ollocks

johndp

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 00:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 42 in Discussion

Corrine message 26 I know at least one member of the committee has even been reported as saying they were thinking of paying no more till things improved, that from a committee member !!

It is 18 months since the new M/C took over, the committee ?? are there over a year now and there is still no sign of an AGM being called, now this flies in the face of the new floor easement law, the committee are saying they are gonna take 2 non paying owners to court, but how the hell can they, they dont even follow the laid down rules thereselves, and how are they gonna pay for the court fees, cos i certainly aint gonna contribute till EVERYTHING is down in black and white on a legally binding contract that is acceptable to all, i pay my monthly fees but that is all they are gonna get because they will not win a court case till they put everything in place as required and that aint gonna happen overnight, so the non payers will still not be paying for some time

johndp

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 00:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 42 in Discussion

I asked The last M/C why they didnt take the non payers to court and I was told by them they tried and asked 2 "top" advocates if they would help them, they were told because there was no written agreement between the owners and the M/C they didnt have a leg to stand on, even though the contract between the developers and M/C was in place and the owners handover documents stated that owners would pay a reasonable maintenance fee on accepting the keys to their apartments, the same situation applies today, nobody has a contract of any description, so rightly or wrongly nobody needs to pay fees and those that arent paying are exploiting this, the non payers are mostly investors and locals who know the system backwards

Scoty

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 42 in Discussion

Just had it confirmed that work on the walls has either begun / will start very soon. Very reliable source but seems to work for himself - not the M/C. Anyone know if this is the case and who will be footing the bill??

billybob

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 09:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 42 in Discussion

CJTILL

This seems as if it is what they have all been trying to do for near on 2 years now, according to whats been written about the both maintenance lots its down to non payers, and the committee have had well over a year to sort something out but havnt and now some of em think enough time has been given, I remember reading back that the last maintenance lot were firing out letters after a few months telling everyone they would be pulling the plug so to speak if they didnt get the money in and they did leave, is this lot going to do the same ? and it will be back again to square 1, because it seems even with a committee for the past 18mths nowt has changed, and in my book I am damned if I would maintain somebody elses investment if wasnt getting paid.

Good question scoty, but i bet the non payers can answer who wont be

CJtill

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 42 in Discussion

It is very difficult to come up with suggestions not knowing the site, or the previous history, and I feel sure that most (if not all) suggestions on this board have been tried.

If the culprits are the locals TCs and so called investors then something needs to be done to get them to re-think, but what? A lot depends on what % of the total ownership these consist. It might be worth biting the bullet and terminating the existing management contract, and deliberately let the site run down, and suffer the consequencies for the next year or two. In the meantime the committee can put together an action plan on how to obtain 100% payments. For a starter, the TCs living on site will start to pay once they realise the resolve of the owners.

As I say you have probably considered this already.

Michael

sienna

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 42 in Discussion

I don't think deliberately leading a complex in disrepair is a constructive way forward personally. The site is currently not good and may get to a point of no return unfortunately, as there are clear structual issues on this site. Whether some recognise I am no expert but they are clear to see

If the will is there by the majority of the payers then you have to start again as said many times new committee, tender the site (thats if any MC will take on now) and bring the non-payers to task through the floor of easement law.

You are all goign round in circles it seems if the site is in the red it will never get it self out of this mess until all is brought up to speed quickly

John if there is enough of you, you do not have to wait for the comittee to call and AGM you can get to gether and call an EGM and go from there

johndp

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 42 in Discussion

Hi sienna, we are only 11 strong at the moment, and as you know the history, there is so much apathy and some people saying the present M/C are doing a "GREAT" job, where do these people come from, they obviously dont live here and are being fed sh1te by the M/C or others.

Our only wish is to see a properly elected committee put in place and then to get a properly sorted out contract not drawn up by a M/C drawn up, then the committee getting the bit between their teeth and getting on with tackling the problems, which are not insurmountable, but as the last e-mail from the M/C said - same as the last lot said, *we urge you ALL to take responsibility for the future of your community by participating in collections and urging non-payers to do likewise. You have a wonderful site, dont let it crumble*

Trouble is some of the present committee sit there pontificating about nonpayers and they themselves were non payers ???? two faced or what !! and it has started some time ago to crumble !!

Scoty

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 21:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 42 in Discussion

BTW - anyone know who is paying for the work on the walls etc. that has been / is being done???

Has the committee put their hands in their pockets? Is it the owners? Is it the M/C? Just interested !

Any M/C spokesperson available for comment??

sienna

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 21:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 42 in Discussion

why would a committee be expected to put their hands in their pockets to mend a communal wall - I am not with that one !

Scoty

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 42 in Discussion

Msg 37 - that is what I am asking. Who is paying for the work?

johndp

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 42 in Discussion

It has taken about a year to get it started, so we must be thankful for small mercies I suppose, hear its being done by a local in a trade off type deal.

It has taken the present "committee" over a year to get their ar*es in gear and now we're being asked to read a contract and send our ideas/objections back to by the 15th Feb, it's a farce come on, one of the owners that lives full time on site is stuck in the middle of the ocean on a rig and wont be home for another 2/3 wks at least, two others are currently away on holiday, and these are the ones I know about, totally unacceptable so c'mon get it right and give a month for replies, its also noticeable that owners have not got the wherewithall to talk to each other and discuss the good and bad points of the contract, no good !! http://www.glencoecyprus.com forum is there for you all and a couple of other owners have just joined to brainstorm things so please join and get discussing, it is not allowed to degenerate & is civil

breezyboy

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 42 in Discussion

So what can really be done about non payers if no proper system is in place?

IF they sign the new contract mentioned above will non payers have to pay all their arrears backdated to handover or just from the date of the new contract?

billybob

Message Posted:
08/02/2011 08:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 42 in Discussion

Avery good question Breezyboy, can anyone answer this ? my thoughts are the developer shouldnt give out kocans till they do what is the concensus ?

CJtill

Message Posted:
08/02/2011 10:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 42 in Discussion

None of us not directly involved with the complex can really help much as we dont know the full history of the site, and therefore we are just coming up with hints and ideas ad hoc. The situation needs reviewing as a whole, and the only ones who can do that are the owners and elected committee.

Michael

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.