North Cyprus Tourist Board - the price of a clean install for a laptop
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > the price of a clean install for a laptop

the price of a clean install for a laptop

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

dandd3

Message Posted:
31/01/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

does anyone know a place and the price for a clean install for a laptop ?

aussiejock

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 07:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

dandd3

have a look at this post full install Window 7 and full backup, very cheap.

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/54901.asp

Robert

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 07:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

For all computer stuff I use Laconics - they are great!!!!

They just cleaned a virus off my computer yesterday - it managed to slip past my anti virus!!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 07:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

AND don't forget - you will get what you pay for !

Microsoft Windows 90 day 'phone home' policy (every 90 days Windows installations automatically contact Microsoft's servers and check whether the software is 'genuine' - 'cracked') is the perfect tool for Pirates.

It allows them to install a cracked version of Windows which you pay for because everything is working when you collect your computer, but then, after 90 days, you get the dreaded "this version of Windows is not genuine" notice - drat, back to the Pirate to complain and listen to the excuses!

Microsoft look at the 'cracks' that have been used in the previous 90 days and fix the loopholes in each update - simples!

BUT then, 90 Days for 35TL - it may appeal to some readers !

mark&beck

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 08:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

The shop next to Mr.Pound do it...think it was 70 or 80 lira for XP

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 08:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Formatting your HDD and installing a new version of Windows XP is relatively simple - getting and installing the correct graphic, sound and peripheral drivers is another matter as is, backing up and transferring the data.

Make sure that you can re-set your email accounts in Outlook or, whatever email client you use, and make sure that you know the passwords for things like Skype.

Alternatively, go to someone that does the full job and makes sure that everything is in English and provides a version of Windows that doesn't self-implode after 90 days.

XP is still best for my money

aussiejock

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Washerman

what a load of rubbish that your saying I have been using Windows 7 Ultimate since it first came out with no such problems, just load the Windows 7 loader and it activates over the internet, full function and genuine, Microsoft is one company that I hate, they will stop at nothing to crush any competition, if the product that they sold was priced reasonably then I would have no problems about buying their software, but it's not, over here the price of Windows 7 Ultimate is over 650lira thats a joke, this is one of the reasons that I use Linux, to buy a Mac is also overpriced. a lot of people just don't have this type of money to throw around, it's the same as you buying the genuine fake watches, or designer gear, designe bags etc that you can get in NC no one has any morals about that. but you are ripping those companies off, but when it comes to M$ thats a no no. await responce.

Robert

Robert

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Robert.....it seems that we have a mutual disinterest in each other's opinion

aussiejock

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 10:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Washerman my reply was for Message 4

not at all I was only putting my point across, if I was disinterested in your posts then I wouldn't comment on them, I knew what you were saying was wrong, so I responded to you post, it wasn't out of mutual disinterest, and I disagree with you on XP being the better operating system, Windows 7 is not like Vista it's a quality operating system, Microsoft are going to stop all updates for XP in the very near future, this year I think. I made a fully bootable DVD of Windows 7 which is fully activated and during the setup will automatically install, Nero 8, Office 2007, Adobe Reader 9, Avast 4.8.1296 Professional , CloneDVD.3.5.6.0, picasa36, PowerISO v4.0, WinAVI Video Converter 9.0, allinonecodec, Firefox , VLC Media Player 0.8.5, wrar351, DVDFab Platinum 2.9.7.9, and the most important software of them all, Acronis True Image Home 2010 v13 Build 5055. all fully activated and ready to run once Windows 7 is installed.

Robert

sunshineheave

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Thanks Mr. Robert

Yes we do full clean install just in 35 Tl look you can have all information here http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/54901.asp

thanks

Washerman

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Straight from the horses mouth:-

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/genuine/privacy-statement

For machines running Windows 7, data is collected after the Update to Windows Activation Technologies for Windows 7 has been installed. In addition, data is collected and sent to Microsoft every 90 days even if no activation exploit is detected. However, if the Update to Windows Activation Technologies for Windows 7 finds that essential Windows files have been tampered with, then data collected from that machine will be sent every 7 days until Windows becomes genuine.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
01/02/2011 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

just another scare tactic from Microsoft because they can't beat the hackers, the first day release of Windows 7 the Chinese had a crack for it, and M$ have been trying to get on top ever since, I have had no problems with my Windows 7 Ultimate and I have had this version for a few years now, my laptop is switched on first thing in the morning and left on until I go to bed never had a problem, if Microsoft can get into your computer are they snooping around looking at your internet activity, just google hacks and you will find all the tool you need, I have tools that if I put them on my laptop and went to a cafe that had WI-FI, and other people were using their laptops at the same time, I could bring up their desktop on my laptop and get into and open any file that I wanted, But I must stress I would never do this, it's just the type of business I was involved in, and I would receive all types of software, this is why my PC has Linus all my important information is on that computer,

meetumair

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

@Washerman..... I am using Cracked Windows 7 Ultimate on my laptop since 27 August 2010 and i get all updates on it. Whenever i use internet i try to get new Updates from "Check for updates". But my Windows 7 is still working. I also have up-to-date Microsoft Security Essentials and Microsoft Office 2010. All these things are cracked.

Washerman

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

ausiejock and meetumair.......and your point is?

Read message 11 !

You can use a cracked version as long as you don't mind Microsoft collecting information from you every 7 days !!!

What information are they collecting ? Do you know ?

I am sure that most people will prefer NOT to have a cracked version of Windows that allows Microsoft to snoop on them and report back every 7 days.

Piracy is theft. No matter what is being stolen and who is being stolen from !

What would you say if you got burgled and your TV was stolen ? You wouldn't be pleased would you !

Remember, what goes around comes around.

aussiejock

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 10:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

You can turn off everything that sends information back to M$, how can anyone support Microsoft when they are the thief, Gates ripped off IBM, the only good thing that came out of it, Bill is using his Billions to help charity, probably his guilt kicking in,

you say ( What would you say if you got burgled and your TV was stolen ? You wouldn't be pleased would you ! ) if I was worth Billions I doubt I would even know I had a TV,

you can't tell me you have not bought a T-shirt, shirt, watch, designer bag, or cloths, at the market, I can't see you paying $200 for a Lacost, Nike, Jag, Diesel or Gucci, when you can buy them for $10 at the markets, If you can afford to pay this type of money then the fool that you are,

Robert

meetumair

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

@AussieJock M Agreed with you sir. Exactly my point. Its all about money that how much you can afford. If everybody have that money then Why people try to hack all Softwares & Why they use if they know that its not Safe :p

sunshineheave

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Well said Mr.Robert

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.