North Cyprus Tourist Board - Diary of an Illegal Immigrant
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Diary of an Illegal Immigrant

Diary of an Illegal Immigrant

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 166 in Discussion

Day1:

Allowed,.. legally,.. by UK and EU to fly from Heathrow to N Cyprus. All authorities happily accept our fares, Passports, Taxes and Fuel Duty. No problems.

Arrive at Ercan Airport, that some say is an illegal arrival point!... Huh?... They were all happy to legally take our money!

Get taken in nice taxi (Mercedes,.. who seem happy to legally sell and service cars in NC) to Girne.

Now I'm confused! EU want to still call it Kyrenia!

Book into Hotel,... advertised and sold by holiday companies throughout the UK & EU, which I find out later may be illegally built on some former scrub land owned by a Greek Goat farmer who claims it is now worth millions. UK holiday company had legally taken my money and charged me UK VAT.

Day2:

Down to harbour for lunch. I have grilled fish, wife has kleftico, all served with chips, salad and bread. Lovely! Only to be told the fish is stolen from GC fishermen, the lamb stolen from GC shepherds and the salad and potatoes stolen from GC farms in Guzelyurt!

Feeling guilty we leave and have a 'comfort break' in the public toilets on the harbour front,... only to find out they were stolen former GC 'fishing net store' premises!

Day3:

Go to a turtle hatchery beach,... only to be told the turtles are actually stolen 'Greek' turtles,.. not Turkish!

Day 4:

Fall in love with a lovely villa on a rocky outcrop looking out to sea.

Buy it!

Later, some clever di*k says we should have done 'due diligence' & gone to the 4th floor of the regional Tsabluk offices in Mesapotamia with a translator to check if we had legal title. Err? whose title? which language? which regulator? Which vested interest? Which ancestral previous 'owner' of the island? What do we need? Some form from an Eoka General, or Mongol Warlord?

Now told this rocky outcrop is also worth millions to some GC goat farmer family from 40 years ago!

Yeah! Right!

Day 5:

Decide we are happy with our purchase and all these 'chancers' can sling their hook!

Day 6:

Enjoy more 'stolen' food!

Day 7:

Find we are readily accepted back into the UK, from this 'illegal' country!

Illegal?,... My Ar*e!!

rob

Krin52

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 166 in Discussion

Well done! Thanks for the chuckle, you got it right!

PtePike

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 166 in Discussion

RobNjO,

Being an illegal immigrant seems to have pricked your conscience about whose suffering you may have exploited. Remember, we are all born decent and honest.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 166 in Discussion

RobnJo,

I enjoyed your humour!

Born Decent and honest?

I have never been arrested, locked up, wedding ring taken from me and my spectacles,

and then thrown into a cell full of excrement! While I was waving a Special Constables

warrant card.

Simbas, You are right, we need to stop the protagonists. Its spoiling good fun.

wyn

newlad

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 166 in Discussion

Shame on you Robnjo.Consider yourself bollocked lol,

Paul.

NOBLE

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 166 in Discussion

Stop playing the victim, meant sense of humour re illegal immigrant

NOBLE

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 166 in Discussion

I was born in the UK, but Cyprus is home. I was there just two weeks ago and love Kyrenia. My dad is actually from Pahos. Don't hear him whinging about losing his home or land as he is grateful to live peacefully. I personally hope there will always be two seperate states. I feel the other side is totally blinded and blinkered as they feel they own the whole island and TCs have no rights at all.

hattikins

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 166 in Discussion

Illegal, victim, invasion, occupation, same old, same old

I just have a simple question, when the GC,s have finished making out their list of demands for the TC,s, land issue, troops out, Guzelyurt etc, etc, etc , what concessions to peace are they going to make to ensure a fair and safe Cyprus for all Cypriots. It takes two to Tango they say.

dusterbruce

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 166 in Discussion

I think that most people who know the Cyprus story (not the Greek Cypriot propaganda version) would agree that if the Greek Cypriots had behaved themselves in the 1950's, 1960's and early 1970's the Turkish Peace Operation would noyt have been needed.

The Cyprus Problem did not start in 1974, it was solved .

PtePike

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 166 in Discussion

msg 20,

Try reading up a little on the previous confidence building measures and peace talks and you may have a better understanding of what is on the cards.

PtePike

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 166 in Discussion

msg 21,

Would you explain how the GCs were not "behaving themselves" in the early 70s?

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 23:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 166 in Discussion

dusterbruce

you have it in one .

musin

long live the kktc

PtePike

Message Posted:
15/09/2008 23:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 166 in Discussion

It always helps when a point someone makes actually stands up to scrutiny.

Turtle

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 00:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 166 in Discussion

HA HA Just read your post Rob, very funny

jackeen

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 00:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 166 in Discussion

Your post was funny, as long as you had a good time whilst there and got safely back until the next time.

jackeen

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 00:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 166 in Discussion

No that reads horrible. I meant to say that the next time you go you will also have a wonderful time even if you are eating stolen food,etc.

fire starter

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 166 in Discussion

the gc's didn't sell of other peoples homes to unsuspecting tourists.

funny every tc who is not actually originaly from the north says they are from paphos.

every gc says they are from kyrenia.

we actually visited paphos in the 80's. it was nothing like today, nothing much there at that time. similarly to kyrenia not much there pre the 80's.

so this cannot be possible!

dusterbruce

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 166 in Discussion

Ethnic cleansing.

Turkish Cypriots forced into ghettos.

Turkish Cypriots forced out of government.

Attempts at enosis

Thats for starters

ukturk

Message Posted:
16/09/2008 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 166 in Discussion

hi

rob your post put a smile on my face, but then carried on down and to my surprise who changes the tone of the subject once again!!!!

wont you two learn that all your constant badgering of your views will never change the views of at least 98% of this forum members and you can bang on about they have been taken in by turkish propaganda which is the opposite they havent been taken in by the greek propaganda and i can say they do have a brain and listened and read both stories and of course there will be propaganda but nothing can hide the truth how this all started!!!!!

ukturk

PtePike

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk,

Even if 98% of forum members may hold a certain view it doesn't alter the freedom of speech for others to put their view. The other factor to remember is that only a comparitively small number of members demonstrate knowledge in depth of the Cyprus problem - and even fewer are capable of approaching the issues from all sides. Too many people have vested interests which colour their limited outlook.

Turtle

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 166 in Discussion

Pike

you are so arrogant, how the hell do you know what other people know about the Cyrpus problem.

Just because they don't come on here spouting crap like you do does not mean they don;t have knowledge about the Cyprus issues

Will you not give anyone any credit.

ukturk

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 166 in Discussion

turtle

you know what it is pike goes on about freedom of speech for others to put their view accross but when someone else does and he does not agree with it he is quick to tell them they are wrong or their judgement is clouded by turkish propaganda and of course he wont give credit to no one apart from his buddy sue who happens to have greek cypriot connections and sorry to say has not a lot of knowledge of cyprus apart from what her family has told her

pike who are you some sort of judge and jury to say that only a small amount of members have knowledge on cyprus and fewer knows both sides of the story so i take it you are one of the later few and how do you know too many people have vested interests please enlighten us

and like i said even if you think not a lot of people know about cyprus or have a one sided view it does not alter the fact like you said that everybody has a right to freedom of speech!!!!!

PtePike

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 18:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 166 in Discussion

Turtle,

Behave yourself and stop swearing on a family forum as the moderators point out. I give credit to people who demonstrate knowledge and sound analysis of the historical and political framework of Cyprus. If you are one of these people good on you. We can debate all manner of issues in a mature way. However, if you are not one of these people you should count to 10 before sending angry posts.

PtePike

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk,

I would say people who can only occupy property in the "TRNC" as long as the Turkish army remains in north Cyprus, and those who make money out of said individuals, have a vested interest. Wouldn't you?

Turtle

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 166 in Discussion

Pike, have you ever visited the planet earth ?

I have read my post serveral times again and the only word in it that may even resemble a swear word is "crap".

Now if this consitutes swearing then I will take a ticking off by the moderators (not you) and apologize for this very disgusting word.

And as for angry posts, there you go again judging people anyone who knows me can tell you I am the most laid back person in the world I dont do angry I am a little more grown up than that and I counted to 10 before I posted

joandjelly

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 166 in Discussion

Hi Firestarter

Re your message 29, Kyrenia District covers a lot of villages so maybe that is why lots of GCs say they are from Kyrenia. Could this be the same for Paphos? I have never been there so have no idea.

Jo

ukturk

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 166 in Discussion

pike

you go on like the whole of the t.c's and expats occupy every single property in the north!!! whether you like the turkish army or not they are here and there is nothing what you or i say can be done to change the fact so build a bridge and get over it!!!! lol

on to your explantion of people with a vested interest do you honestly think if they come to some sort of solution these people will relinquish their rights to the home they are living in? i very much doubt it!! compensation will be paid end of story

i think in your ideal world you would have prefered the t.c's who were forced out of their homes in the south or wherever to just pitch tents up and live outside the homes that were left empty by the g.s's!!!!

Please tell me what would you do and how would you act in that desperate situation either a g.c living in a t.c's house or a t.c's living in a g.c's house or what they called them back in the day a Refugee's House

wynyardman

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 22:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 166 in Discussion

UkTurk,

We all saw the rationale of your argument. It seems to me that all right minded individuals would concur.

Why is it that Pike needs to be banging the same old drum?

It is to cause unhappiness and distress. It is to cause alarm amongst the many well meaning purchasers of property in The TRNC. It is to try to put off potential purchasers of property in

the TRNC.

Is this the purpose of this board, or is it for people who love the TRNC ,its citizens and

people of good faith, who love the whole of cyprus, and who seek a fair and amicable solution to the Cyprus problem.

Two commies slugging it out is not what most people see. Most people of good faith see two leaders, men of good faith, trying desperatley to find an amicable solution, to the enormous

problem that is Cyprus.

I feel that this board and its members should be wishing them well, and praying for a peaceful, and united or otherwise Island of Cyprus, and its many and varied inhabitants.

Just my view, thats all,

wyn

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 23:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 166 in Discussion

erkan

"build a bridge and get over it" i like it ....lol...

regards

musin

Tiggy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 23:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 166 in Discussion

Wyn. (good evening to you)

The more that i read, he reminds me of a strict teacher marking our work and making little comments of where you went wrong and that you must try harder. Sad eh, he and Suzz seem to be in cuckoo land.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 166 in Discussion

Tigs,

My old son. Be on good terms with all persons. Never heard of being hoisted by your own

petard! Clue.......ask the Strathclyde police why they ignored a warrant card, and threw the

protagonist into an excrement encrusted cell for 6 hours.

Clearly not a team player! Dim witted and incoherent.....If you say so Pikey.!

wyn

wynyardman

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 166 in Discussion

Sorry Tiggy,

Good evening to you!

By God I needed that (msg 43)

wyn

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk: "compensation will be paid end of story"

You have NO way of knowing this. Using opinion in place of fact makes the difference between serious debate and coffee shop gossip.

"Please tell me what would you do and how would you act in that desperate situation either a g.c living in a t.c's house or a t.c's living in a g.c's house or what they called them back in the day a Refugee's House."

These words aren't very clear. If you mean what did I expect Cypriots to do when they were homeless, the answer is use the houses left behind. Which is what went on until the 1990s when Denktas decided to allow the sale of GC refugee property to third parties - immoral expats looking for a holiday home on the cheap. Avarice and greed isn't quite the same as being homeless, is it?

dy1259

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 01:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 166 in Discussion

The hypocritical Greek Cypriots on the Greek side have done exactly what the TCs have done in the TRNC with regard to land and property, only the GCs call it something different.

The Greek Cypriots deserved everything they lost in North Cyprus; despite this they still have a lot, they have TC land, their homes and to add insult to injury, they deny them their human rights. The Greek Cypriots are so greedy they want more, they want all of it. Reunification? LOL.

I wonder if these Greek Cypriot propagandists get paid well for going onto forums trying to discredit anything and everything TC/TRNC? They should get the sack, they're so useless at their job. LOL. They haven't succeeded in convincing a single person that buying land/property in the TRNC is wrong mainly because it isn't wrong, in fact, it is morally the best thing that could have happened in the TRNC and to the TCs.

Long live the TRNC

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 02:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 166 in Discussion

Long time no speak, dy1259.

I thought as a Londrali you would be interested in the views of a TC on another forum about those of want partition and TRNC:

You are giving us information and another points of view different from the NeoPartionist on here who for reasons they only know themselves, are trying to keep Cyprus divided, which can only serve the best interest of those who have, I believe

a) made big gains from the spoils of war

b) are in position of power

c) are the foot soldiers of Turkey

d) racist and hatemongers of the Greek Cypriots

e) racist and hatemongers of the Turkish Cypriots who do not tow the line of fascistic ideas imposed on the TC's by the Denktash types for 30 years, while they kept our people isolated from their fellow citizens, the GC's on the island.

f) they were sold a "bill of goods" to believe that our people would be massacred by the GC's and that giving up their liberty to live under a "corrupted society" was a small sacrifice to save their souls.

These are very clearly the attitude of the two of the most morally corrupted individuals on the forum, VP and Zan. VP has been living on the island for the past 16 years, but you would never know it, since he never posts anything that is negative in what the "trnc" does, but blames all the problems of the north to the embargoes and isolation imposed by the world, and yet, you can buy close to anything you want in the north. As you said, that there is a one car for every two person in the north, despite living in a false economy. Instead, he tries very hard to justify and support policies of the north which are Racist, Undemocratic and violation of Human Rights as a model for the future for Cyprus. Here is a man who was born and raised in the UK for the first 30 years of his life before moving to Cyprus, and yet, he has zero appreciation for True Democracy and Human Rights. As for Zan, he has lived almost all of his life in the UK from age 2, and he too, have a very dim view of Democracy and Human Rights. These two individuals try to pass themselves as the voices of the TC's in the north. Just because our people have been kept as "prisoners" on their own island and spoon fed information from the likes of Denktash with fascistic ideas, as well as our people who have been made to corrupt their moral values to feel comfortable in stealing others land and property to claim them as their own, because the alternative was massacre by the GC's if they refused, so they were made to believe.

For a long time, myself and Birkibrisli, or it seemed, to have been the lone voices in combating these two individuals as well as many others with similar and sometimes even views that are worse, if it's possible, but over the last 6 months, I have seen a change on the forum where more and more TC's are speaking up against the morally corrupted NeoPartitionist, which is very comforting to know. We all want peace, but peace that will take the country in the right direction and not a temporary one where sooner or later we will end up back to the days of 1963 again. But if you listen to these NeoPartionist, that is exactly what they want. They want to have "peace", just like what the Annan Plan offered, so that a partition can happen at later date, but this time legally with the recognition that came with it. I do not believe these are the desires of True Cypriots who genuinely want peace and want a True Federation with every one's democratic and Human Rights in place. Talat so far has shown himself to be all over the place with his comments about what peace should look like, and if "peace" doesn't look like what Turkey wants, or the fascists from the north, then the EU should bend it's rules to accommodate the north, no matter how undemocratic or how much the plan has Human Rights violations. In another words, not only we have created a "corrupt society

hattikins

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 166 in Discussion

There,s that bloody echo again !!!!!!!!!!!

hattikins

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 166 in Discussion

Jealous of what, get a life woman. It was a joke !!!!

dy1259

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 166 in Discussion

The internal affairs of the TRNC is a matter for its politicians and citizens. Everyone is not naive enough to believe everywhere else in the world is perfect.

In terms of wanting partition, yes it is the most politically sensible and pragmatic solution to Cyprus for the Turkish Cypriots in the TRNC and its citizens; and for the Greek Cypriots but they don't know it.

The only reason the de facto partition in Cyprus hasn't brought riches to the TRNC in the same way it has to the Greek Cypriot ROC is because one is recognised with all the advantages it brings, and the other is not recognised internationally therefore it is very much at a disadvantage-obvious I should have thought.

Turkish Cypriots everywhere know how much safer and secure they and their relatives were and still are after 1974. This is something that will not be easily sacrificed. Greek Cypriots want everyone to believe that the Turkish Cypriots will be safe from victimisation, attacks, being murdured etc. which is why anyone who suggests otherwise is ridiculed but the facts of the past speak for themselves.

No matter how much one might say 'forget the past', this is not possible mainly because the threat still exisits. And how do we know there still is a potential threat from the Greek Cypriots? Well, all one has to do is look at how they've treated, still treating, the TCs, the fact that they do everything possible to deny them their human rights; the discrimination and racism - the negative attitude of the Greek Cypriots against the Turkish Cypriots -just go onto the Cyprus forum to see all that from the Greek Cypriots. GR oops er Pike has provided a link for you all.

Zan and VP do an excellent job countering the lies, Greek Cypriot propaganda and racist Greek Cypriots (against TCs/Turks) on that site.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 15:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 166 in Discussion

Illegal Immigrants Update.

I would not be surprised to get the following letter from my Solicitors:

"Dear Rob XXXXX

The claim against you for compensation and Interest has become more convoluted.

A number of other parties have made counter claims which could seriously protract the proceedings.

Namely: Descendants of the original Cyprus settlers, the PPNA (Pre Pottery Neolithic people), circa 9000BC, probably Iraqi, Syrian and Anatolian Turkish, who introduced agriculture and livestock, have made claims against the Descendants of the later invaders the PPNB, Levantine Arabic, who stole their lands and livestock, circa 7000BC.

Their descendants have made claims against the PPNC invaders from Palestine and Egypt, circa 6000BC.

During the next few thousand years there appear to have been a number of differing civilisations, some ending abruptly, indicating further hostile invasions. To date we have received no counter claims from these parties.

The next counter claim we have is from descendants of Turkmenistan invaders, who, circa 4000BC developed the Copper mining industry. Their claim is against Myceanean Greeks, who invaded circa 1400BC.

These Greeks have claims against the 'Sea Peoples', circa 1100BC, pirates, raiders and traders. They also claim against the Assyrians who took the Island circa 700BC.

The Greeks retook the the Island circa 669BC, but it was retaken by Egypt circa 570BC, who have a claim against the Persians who took the island in 545BC.

The Persians have a claim against the Greeks who retook the island in 321BC, although the island was run under Egyptian rule.

Cypriots then gained some independance but are claiming against Italy, as Cyprus became a Roman province in 58BC. Mark Anthony 'gave' Cuprus to Egypt again, but it became Greek again.

Greece now has a claim against Arab States who invaded in 688AD. For 300 yrs it was jointly ruled by Arabs and Byzantines, despite the nearly continuous warfare between the two parties on the island. (nothing new there then!!).

965AD Byzantuim retakes the island.

Byzantium has a claim against Richard the Lionheart who took to island circa 1200AD, but subsequently sold it to the Knights Templars.

Descendants of Knights Templares have a claim against the Franks (Lusignans), who then invaded the island. Latin was the official language, then French, and much later Greek. The Republic of Cyprus is born.

The Franks have a claim against the British who took over the island in 1878 as a protectorate for the Ottoman Empire.

Cyprus is annexed by the UK in 1914 and becomes a Crown Colony in 1925. Planned Enosis with Greece failed in bloodshed.

The rest is 'very' recent history!"

So who could have a claim against my property in NC??

Well,... obviously it is Greeks,... or Turks,.....

or:

Egypt

Italy

Iraq

Iran

Syria

Israel

Palestine

Lebanon

Turkmenistan

UK

France

etc,... etc,...

Until someone decides,.. I think I'll just enjoy life in beautiful North Cyprus!

rob

hattikins

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 166 in Discussion

It,s PC Pike, he,s on his bike

His truncheon in his hand

He doesn,t joke , he,s after folk

who bought illegal land

It must be true cos here comes Sue

with a copy of the SUN

she,s on page three and so is he

Well that should be good fun.

But do not cry cos by and by

The truth will clearly speak

And then these two can go away

and brush up on their greek.

simbas

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 15:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 166 in Discussion

hattie , that was really really good

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 166 in Discussion

pike

not sure if you are aware the compensation commision is already in placeand if anything does happen solution wise the commison will be more regulated and monies will be paid out to who have lost!!! fact not coffee shop gossip

you said that what i said was not clear enough for you but you still understood but i asked you what would do personally if you was in that situation!!!! of course you did not answer me directly just beating around the bush with you counter comments!!!!

so you are saying it was the t.c's greed which made them sell their houses not that could not afford to live in them because of low income etc which again was forced on them by the south or would you have prefered the t.c's to keep the properties warm for the g.c's if a solution was ever going to happen to gladly just give it back to them so they become homeless once again!!!

answer me this then the houses that the g.c's occupy have they kept them so they can give it back to the t.c's who owned them before, thats if they was not demolished or did they sell them for greed to expats in the south at the expense of t.c's

hi donna long time no hear we have to be carefull on what us turkish cypriots whether if you are from u.k,turkey.or cyprus say becaue pike the forum police will quote you whatever forum you post on and disect your personality and where you come from, and whatever you do dont mention the past because that does not make any diffrence to people who try and hide it!!!!

hattkins whatever you do mate dont make any jokes because you are jealous of sue that she ALWAYS (not whenever) agrees with pike on whatever he says

ukturk

hattikins

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 166 in Discussion

A little bit of humour never hurt anyone, and whatever we say on this forum or any other will not influence the outcome of the talks, just my opinion for what it,s worth.

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 166 in Discussion

hattikins

life or no life mate im cracking up that was very funny!!!! lol

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 166 in Discussion

dy: "Turkish Cypriots everywhere know how much safer and secure they and their relatives were and still are after 1974. This is something that will not be easily sacrificed. Greek Cypriots want everyone to believe that the Turkish Cypriots will be safe from victimisation, attacks, being murdured etc. which is why anyone who suggests otherwise is ridiculed but the facts of the past speak for themselves."

The idea that the GCs would ever be inclined or in a position to mount any kind of attack against the north is ludicrous. It is foolish and naive to claim 45,000 Turkish troops are only occupying Cyprus in case of an attack by the Cyprus National Guard, which has a fraction of that manpower. Turkey is occupying Cyprus in its own national interests. The needs of the TCs form merely a useful sideline to that policy, as it has since the 1950s. Not being complete imbeciles, the partitionists know this very well but their cause demands they keep silent about it.

dy1259

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 166 in Discussion

Hi Erkan, Nasilsin? What's happened to all your wonderful AKAs?

I read all the various forums re Cyprus and quite honestly between our own Turkish Cypriots and the objective, open minded expats, the Greek Cypriot propagandists fail miserably in trying to convince everyone that the Turkish Cypriots/Turks/Turkey/expats have acted immorally and 'illegally' where it concerns Cyprus/North Cyprus. The TRNC is legal in the eyes of its citizens, TCs (and includes so-called Turkish settlers-they are now TC citizens). This is what is important and what matters not what the Greek Cypriots say or any other.

There is no doubt, and it is morally correct that land should be sold in the TRNC if the TC owners/TRNC so wish. This land in the TRNC is exchanged TC land occupied by the Greek Cypriots on the Greek side. What? Did the Greek Cypriots seriously believe that they could occupy TC land/homes on the Greek side and that the TCs/TRNC would leave GC disputed land/homes in the TRNC totally untouched? Now that WOULD be morally wrong considering the GCs are occupying TC land and homes on the Greek side.

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 16:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk,

I think most people myself included know about the compensation commission.

You said: "answer me this then the houses that the g.c's occupy have they kept them so they can give it back to the t.c's who owned them before, thats if they was not demolished or did they sell them for greed to expats in the south at the expense of t.c's"

GC refugees are not allowed to buy or sell TC refugees' properties, so either they are keeping them warm for the owners or compensation will be paid out on both sides. The real issue here is that Denktas allowed the illegal sale of GC homes in the north which has created one of the biggest barriers to settlement. Again, even partitionists know this but are keeping schtum as it does not further their cause to admit the blindingly obvious.

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 166 in Discussion

dy: "the objective, open minded expats"

Subtext: "The Brits we make money out of by flogging them Greek properties and who will now agree with whatever we say because we have them over a barrel."

dy1259

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 17:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 166 in Discussion

Pike,

We TCs, know full well the other reason the Turkey military is in the TRNC and thank goodness for that other reason I say. Suits the TCs in the TRNC. No need to be silent about it. If it wasn't for Turkey there wouldn't be any TCs left in Cyprus, they would have all been murdered by the GCs/Greeks. Cyprus would now be part of Greece...are you beginning to 'get it' yet?

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 166 in Discussion

hi

sue maybe you are not aware turkey does support north cyprus thru financial aid aswell as many big buisness bringing much need money into the economy and employment the reason why north cyprus is in the cold is because of the south placing embargos and complaning to anyone who will listen even recently when the e.u was promising aid to the north have you not learnt that yet or do you fail to see this!!!!

please tell me if anyone can answer me this how is turkey looking out for themselves by being in north cyprus other than the threat of the cyprus national guard what are the army gaining

to some of you the lifes of n.c's might just be a usefull sideline but to us t.c's it was imperative they was there for the saftey of the t.c's!!!

pike there you go you have answered your own question in message 45!!!

carry on thinking that the south have not been selling t.c's houses or demolishing them!!! most of my famlies homes in larnaca are not their anymore they have been torn down and replaced by shops and new developments so please tell me how does your therory ring true then!!!

and also how do you explain all the old properties that was demolished in and around the new airport the south constructed on t.c land

like you always say not to live in the past especially on what you think that the real issue was denktas its about how the issue gets dealt with now in the present!!! because if you talking about the past we all would not be in this situation if the greeks and the g.c's forced the t.c's to flee from their homes in the first place and vica versa!!!!

hi donna i forgot bout my a.k.a's i will start using them again!!!! lol

like you said most of these outsiders who have a lot to say can go on about it till they are blue in the face but it wont make a blind bit of diffrence the most important factor is us cypriots turks and greeks and if nothing can be resolved then the best thing is indepandance is that such a bad thing i cant personally see what diffrence it will make as long as both sides reconise each other, trade with each other all compensation paid to who is owed to and then we all can live in peace

warm regards

erkan a.k.a ukturk a.k.a satman a.k.a t.c occupying turkish land in turkey!!!! lol

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 166 in Discussion

dy: " If it wasn't for Turkey there wouldn't be any TCs left in Cyprus, they would have all been murdered by the GCs/Greeks. Cyprus would now be part of Greece...are you beginning to 'get it' yet."

That was the line of Denktas and the UBP - now out of power and yesterday's men. You are out of step with the current Turkish Cypriot leadership who are as we speak in talks for reunification, not partition as you want. Your views don't accord with those of the TCs who have voted for reunification by electing Talat.

You claim also Cyprus would be a part of Greece if it hadn't been for Turkey in 1974. How can that be true when the Enosis rebels were toppled the SAME DAY Turkey invaded? Turkey went on to partition Cyprus and still occupies the island with 45,000 troops. It had wanted to do this since for 20 years BEFORE the invasion. There's a huge hole in your argument. I'm sure you are a perfectly reasonable person but you should have been better informed about the political and historical framework of Cyprus.

PtePike

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk: "...like you said most of these outsiders who have a lot to say..."

Perhaps (I stand to be corrected) you are more of an outsider than me, a stakeholder in Cyprus with an internationally recognised ID card and LEGAL property in the north.

dy1259

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 166 in Discussion

Pike, you're letting yourself down again. Into scaremongering now as well as attempting to change minds about the TRNC/TCs/Turks/ property purchases? You are already exceptionally rude and disrespectful towards the Expats in the TRNC and now your latest ploy is to have them believe they will lose everything. Do you really think they listen to you?

Hi Erkan, if I believed that the TCs and GCs could live together without the GCs dominating everything in Cyprus including the gradual and stealthily ethnically cleansing Cyprus of all things Turkish (or even blatant murder/attacks of TCs/Turks), then I too would might rejoice in a unified Cyprus. However, in practice, and this wholly as a result of Greek Cypriot attitudes towards TCs/Turks in the present, not just past, IT WOULDN'T WORK.

I genuinely believe that if Cyprus remains partitioned and is recognised, like you say Erkan, for both sides to also recognise each other, trade together, keep the Turkish troops in the TRNC, it would benefit everyone and only then will the Greek Cypriots and Turkish Cypriots live in peace on the island and without trouble or enmity. This has never been tried, everything else has and didn't work. If the Greek Cypriots are told internationally this is the way it has to be, they have no choice then but to accept a Greek Cypriot ROC South Cyprus and a Turkish Cypriot TRNC, North Cyprus.

Long live the TRNC

ukturk

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 166 in Discussion

pike daniels the mind reader!!!!

Yes you are right you are stand to be corrected

i am more of a stakeholder than you i am national all my family are nationals with their kimliks and own more than one legal property and to be honest aswell as exchange properties, just because i live in turkey does not make me a outsider but the most important factor i am Turkish Cypriot where you with your reconised i.d and legal property are still a Outsider and will always be classed as one

remmeber you might be a permanant fixture but you are still a visitor and you cant exorcise that

ukturk

dy1259

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 166 in Discussion

Pike, Turkey didn't leave because the TCs didn't want them to-see you still don't get it! They wanted Turkey to intervene from when the GCs began the slaughter of TCs after the GCs illegally ousted the TCs from the real ROC government est. 1960 and thereafter from when the TCs were being murdered, attacked forced out of their homes, forced to sell their homes to greedy GCs. That's why Turkey remained.

The TCs didn't want the GCs to 'protect them', is that what you think should have happened? Turkey to have left straight after the Greek/GC coup for enosis was deposed, leave Cyprus and let them get on as before? Well let's have a little look at what went on before Turkey came in and rightfully, THANKFULLY stayed: GCs were murdering TCs randomly and whole villages, GCs were forcing TCs to live in enclaves and deprived them of food and shelter (Turkey supplied food and aid to the TCs); GCs were murdering innocent TCs for simply going into the fields to tend to their crops/animals. Is this what you wanted to continue?

Pike you so obviously have GC connections and how you were given permission to buy property in the TRNC is a puzzle. Perhaps the TRNC made an error and your lineage needs to be investigated. You go to great lengths to promote the GC cause whilst demonising anything TC/TRNC. It is: either you are GC origin or it could be you are employed by the Ministry of Greek Cypriot Lies and Propaganda against all Turkish Cypriots and Turks anywhere on Earth and Expats in the TRNC.

Biker

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 166 in Discussion

Oh what is that smell ??

It is awful, I don't know

Maybe it is a fish

No no no

It is actually a fish full of b*****t.

Have a good day Pikey.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 166 in Discussion

As I pointed out earlier, Cyprus has been subject to partition and conflict on and off for for millenia, what makes it different this time?

Will the EU succeed where some of the strongest 'empires' in history have failed?

If they secured a resolution,... would it last?

This is just another tiny window in world events, a speck of dust in the timeline of history.

hattikins

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 20:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 166 in Discussion

Pikey,

You,re very good at quoting the written word on the Cyprus issue, have you ever stood back and thought about things from the human perspective.

A very good friend of ours who lives in Karakum gave his opinion on things, with respect I think he is probably better placed than yourself to comment. This young man is only a couple of years older than you,he is intelligent and well educated and more than capable of making his own mind up without the help of outsiders such as you or I.

He does not want reunification of the island, he does not trust the Greek Cypriots and never will. He was born on the south and along with his parents, sister and grandparents had to flee to the north in 1974, they did this in the back of a water tanker that had holes drilled in it to enable them to breathe and also see where they were. The driver dropped them off about 1 km short of the British base and they had to literally run for their lives as they were under fire from the GC,s, he was eight years old at the time.

He is now married with two lovely children of his own, his attitude is quite simple, the GC,s took his childhood, he does not wish for them to take his childrens. There is far more to take into account than the property issue and he would prefer the island to stay divided with equal rights for both sides. You may not agree but then again it,s not really our business is it, only those who lived through it are qualified to make the choice.

ilovemydogs

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 21:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 166 in Discussion

hatkins.. well said , i think we need to hear more about the human issue, from more people who actually have lived through it. it is easy to make judgement on something. but without the full facts . it is best to keep quiet. think how you would feel if it were to happen to you. there are allways two sides to every story. and there are allways going to be conflicting oppinions. i am with you're friend i don't think reunification will work . give equel rights but then someone would want the upper hand , so it is just too complicated how would it work? who knows i know i don't .

my oppinion only don't attack me for it

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 166 in Discussion

The sound of silence is suddenly deafening.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 12:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 166 in Discussion

Susanne

At last we agree on something !!!!

You are always saying the past should be forgotten, my point was, if this had happened to you as a child do you think you would be able to forget. I doubt if I would and I,m pretty sure it would influence my way of thinking as things influenced your father in law too.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 166 in Discussion

Why do you think that.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 166 in Discussion

i have to disagree with you, I think Turkey would be glad to be rid of TRNC, it costs them a fortune and is seen as a stumbling block to their entry into Europe, but they will not abandon the TC,s who have suffered so much in the past years.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 166 in Discussion

Just when I thought you were talking some sense you go back to the same old claptrap, and you wonder why the TC,s don,t trust you, it,s obvious how they would be treated again if it was left up to you and your like.

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 166 in Discussion

hi

sue let me give you a bit of a insight rather just you and your loved ones making asumptions

in turkey nearly every day in the press tayip erdogan states what issues need to be done and the cyprus issue always comes up and the government are all for a solution to this long running saga, in the vote with the anan plan turkey was all for it and they were saying the people should vote yes where denktas had doubts and urged people to say no!!!

the main three issues that concern turkey is the settlers, the army which they are willing to restrict but total withdrawl we will have to see because of the saftey of t.c's and the third issue is turkey remaining a gurantor and the argument to this is, the south are basing this bi communal plan which they introduced over 30 years ago and in this plan turkey and greece still remained guarnators

so what i say just read and take on board other news reports rather than just taking the propaganda as gospel

ukturk

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 166 in Discussion

Turkey have given financial aid, security, and an identity denied to them by the rest of the world for over thirty years, what would Greece have done if the shoe had been on the other foot.

And as for feeding them, as you so nicely put it,they have been given the means to work and feed their families, would you rather they starved.

You are really showing your true colours Suzanne, and the likes of you would give TC,s a fair crack of the whip and move forward, pigs would fly first.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 166 in Discussion

hattikins/ILMD,

With respect, anyone who bases their understanding of the Cyprus problem on the experiences of one or two people is being hopelessly shallow. Everybody has had experiences. We are discussing the political and geopolitical aspects here.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 166 in Discussion

Ukturk,

But weren't you raised in in the UK and haven't you spent most of your life there? And you are now in TR? Ancestry apart, I think you and others like you are in the same boat as me, mate. It will be for the Turkish Cypriots to vote on the future of Cyprus, not outsiders like us. And it is for the Turkish and Greek Cypriots of Cyprus to speak with authority on what they want. And - whether you like it or not - the fact is the Cypriots have voted for reunification by electing pro-reunification leaders.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 166 in Discussion

hattikins: "Turkey have given financial aid, security, and an identity denied to them by the rest of the world"

This shows how out of touch with reality you are. Do you think the majority of Turkish Cypriots want TURKISH identity forced upon them? They are proud to be CYPRIOT first and Turkish second, and their identity has suffered enough since the occupation.

I think you mix in small circles.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 166 in Discussion

Message 91

Try telling Suzanne that, if she is an example of the desire for reunification then God help us all.

But as it is down to the actual residents of the whole island of Cyprus to make a decision on their future, probably based on their past,bigots won,t have a say in it.

Biker

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 13:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 166 in Discussion

Sue

There is no nationality as Cypriot. This crap theory that we are Cypriots and not Turks.

We are Turkish and always will be. We just happen to be living in Cyprus.

Same as other Turkish people living in Germany for example, they are Turkish not German.

Same as English people living in Cyprus now they are still English, living in Cyprus. They cannot be just referred as Cypriots, can they.

All this rubbish about we are all Cypriots and Turkey is putting you through all this isolation and pressure is the biggest load of b.......ks you keep coimng out with.

Making out that Greeks love us so much and want reunification.

It is just a sweetening tactic to take the Turkish people under their rule again as they thave the majority all rules and high positions will be filled by them.

Same old tactics same old shit as in 1960's

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 166 in Discussion

sue

again dont you read other than bull propaganda!!!!

what has turkey done for the north hmmm let me see!!!!

1) even thou u hate to admit it turkey did go over to help the n.c's in getting wiped out!!!!

2) when the south placed all the restrictions on the north they reconised the north so they was not complety cut off!!!

3) every single year they give financial aid which in actual fact cripples the economy in turkey that little bit

4) turkish national mainland banks set up buisness there to help regulate the banking sector because in the past any tom dick and harry was setting up banks taking peoples money then closing down!!!! now look how many international banks have opened

5) many big buisness in turkey opened branches and offices in the north to help the economy and employment for the locals and to have some sort of buisness practices and system

6) once a cypriot has done there army they are free to travel to turkey to work and live without a visa, where on the other hand a turk from mainland are only allowed a 3 month visa and once that run out they have to leave the country and come back to renew the visa

7) many food products are imported from turkey because in the north manufacturing cost are high!!!

8) in the uni's there are many turkish teachers who have been educated in europe and in turn this will only help the students aswell as the cypriot teachers who have been restricted due to the restrictions and only the wealthy could afford to go over to turkey to learn their trade!!!

9) even thou this is a bit of a taboo subject eveybody knows the casino industry is a multi million pound industry people from all over the world go to the north to play including a lot of people the south and the turkish companies who own these casino's are helping not just to the economy but also to the tourist trade

10) state hospitals in cyprus are funded by grants and many of the doctors are from the mainland or have taught the cypriot doctors aswell as equipment provided by turkey

11) roads,highways and motorways mostly done by turkey due to their technology and their workforce and labour costs are much lower than n.c

now i can go on and on but here is just a list for you to ponder on what turkey have done for north cyprus now i ask you sue please enlightned me what has turkey gained with their own agenda!!!!

you really should know your history!! cyprus was part of the turkish empire from the early 1500 up to 1878 then on this date the turks signed a pact with the british empire that they would administer the government for help with the russo - turkish war then in the early 1920's the empire annexed cyprus and turkey gave up all rights to cyprus now if turkey wanted it for themselves all these years they would not have signed the treaty of lausanne!!!

now on the other hand it was in the 50's that the orthodox's wanted union with greece and in turn greece wanted it aswell

also if you are going to copy pike words make sure you do it properly it was not turkey who gave the ok for n.c's to sell their houses and land they had obtained it was voted in government and passed and why not !!!

so if you are going to have a adult discussion about these facts make sure you get your facts straight first before you enter a debate which clearly you dont know much about!!!!

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 166 in Discussion

Pike, re message 93

I don,t know why you presume I mix in small circles, I actually have a large circle of friends, many of them TC,s and Ex pats, both groups that you treat with contempt.

What I don,t do is mix young upstarts who are rude, arrogant and sarcastic, who can easily quote from newspaper articles yet have no compassion for the human suffering, on both sides,of the troubles of Cyprus. Who think they know more than the very people who were living in Cyprus during the difficult times, who easily disregard the suffering of one side of argument while accepting as fact the other side, and who think that the use of big words makes them look intelligent when actually it just shows their inability to make a valid point.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 14:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 166 in Discussion

Yes Susanne, I am happy to answer your question

I am more than happy to live in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, I have both Turkish Cypriot and Turkish neighbours, all of which we get on well with. It certainly feels like Cyprus to me which is more than I can say about some of the resorts on the south, there I could be anywhere, Benidorm, Ibiza, Lesbos etc. it,s got very little character or charm.

Must have gone a lot of building on over the last thirty odd years, none of it on TC land of course, to have put up all those bars and hotels.

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 166 in Discussion

Suzanne,

You are pathetic and your silly arguments just show you up, as I have said before, get a life and open your eyes and mind.

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 166 in Discussion

pike

what took you so long!!!! lol

what now are we the same outsiders, i dont think so somehow!!!! lol

yes i was raised in the u.k not spent my whole life there, but still a turkish cypriot national

and belive you me like how the south drafted planes for nationals who live outside cyprus to vote, the north will do the same so my vote will be counted where yours wont!!!!

the south did not vote a new leader because of his stance on re-unification they just had enuf of the previous administration who was strangling their own people

and the north they wanted change to see if anything would change which to tell you the truth has not like all leaders they cant carry on forever and their views and policies can get dated

like what biker said turkish cypriots dont call themselves cypriots first thats a name that has been adopted by the south just look at the cypriot national football team do you see t.c's , eurovision song contest is sang in greek by a cypriot and the list goes on

ukturk

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 166 in Discussion

sue

are you stuck on repeat!!!!

i answered your question turkey have helped the north develop otherwise they would have been left in limbo and still relying on the south for such things as their electric

and what has turkey gained as a country being their for north cyprus you still have not answered me and like you i will repeat myself if you know your history if turkey wanted it for itself they would not have given it up many years ago now you will tell me they had a change of heart and now want it, if that was the case they would have taken over the whole of cyprus and left the land which the british bases are on

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 166 in Discussion

The invasion of Varosha???

From what I've actually, personally seen of Varosha, from North and South, all the bullet & shell holes are on the SOUTH side of the hotels and complexes!

Who were the GC's trying to kill?...... Tourists?

I doubt many TC's were living in high rise hotels. So did the GC's decide to shoot the hell out of their own hotels just for fun? ;-(

hattikins

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 166 in Discussion

Re message 104

Not at all, I have friends of many nationalities, in fact my sister in law is German,we joke that her grandad bombed our chippy and vice versa but we still love each other very much.

Your problem is you are unable to separate propaganda from fact so there is no point in trying to have a reasoned debate with you.

dy1259

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 166 in Discussion

The TCs are a majority in their own country the, TRNC. How many GCs are in the TRNC- 200? The GCs are the minority thank goodness-may it remain that way.

I view it that the disputed land in the TRNC has been in effect compulsorily purchased by the TRNC government. It doesn't belong to the GCs, they can be compensated just like people who have to sell their land/property in the UK under a compulsory purchase. Reunification will never work-keep Cyprus separate and the TCs will then forever remain the majority in North Cyprus, no longer under threat of becoming an ethnic minority in Cyprus with the GCs arrogantly declaiming (pathetic) how they're the majority and should have majority rights in Cyprus and the TCs should not expect equality, that they have no right to it. In the TRNC the TCs are the MAJORITY.

Maras has always belonged to the TCs, the GCs stole the land and the Turks regained it. I call it Divine retribution.

Long live the TRNC

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 166 in Discussion

Note to all fellow 'Illegal Immigrants':

During a meeting with lawyers in London yesterday (on a seperate matter), I mentioned my 'illegal' purchase in NC.

Their International Law Partner (who knows all about the Oram's case) had a chat with me over lunch, which he paid for, not me,.. result!

I asked what I should do if any claim was made against me.

His advice was to do nothing!,... Zilch!,... absolutely nothing!

He pointed out that neither the ROC, or Greece, or the EU, have any legal jurisdiction in North Cyprus and if any attempt was made to serve papers on you, they would be acting outside their sphere of jurisdiction.

Do NOT accept or sign for anything you do not understand.

If you unwittingly accept any papers or post regarding a claim against you, destroy them, do nothing!

The worst thing you can do is to respond to any claim, even in total belief you are in the right.

He believes that is where the Oram's went wrong, they tried to profess their innocence, tantermount to the acceptance that there was a potential case against them.

If you refuse to acknowledge any service of papers or action against you,..

who exactly is going to take proceedings against you in a Country with no international recognition? It certainly won't be the TRNC or Turkey who have legally accepted your Taxes, duties, etc.

He believes the Oram's descision may be further delayed until the property aspects of any re-unification are resolved within the current talks.

Time will tell,... but in the meantime,... don't sign for, or accept anything!

rob

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 166 in Discussion

susanne

It's purely advice for buyers in beautiful North Cyprus as how to avoid being ripped off by ROC chancers.

I have had the same thing in Yorkshire where a previous owner tried suing me for £1000's over some 100 yr old restrictive covenant on a property.

They got short shrift and a big legal bill!

rob

Wilts Girl

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 166 in Discussion

Pte Pike "I give credit to people who demonstrate knowledge and sound analysis of the historical and political framework of Cyprus"

Surely one doesn’t have to have a degree in a subject to be able to give their opinion on it? Whether their opinion is valid or not is another matter but surely anyone should be able to say their views?

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 18:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 166 in Discussion

susanne

Err,.... no,.... I mean chancers!

What time frame are you using for 'legal' ownership of Cyprus?

34yrs? 134yrs? 234yrs?,... so many could claim to be 'legal' owners of Cyprus.

Or just a time frame that suits your own 'thing'?

Most Southern Cypriots are fairly recent 'owners' of property, many other Countries could claim title.

I feel pretty sure that one phrase that never crops up in the current talks on reunification will be 'illegal ownership'.

Those that are involved in the talks will do anything to avoid provocative reference to such words, which would only engender further animosity. Any such reference would probably consign the talks to yet another failed attempt at reunification.

rob

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 166 in Discussion

susanne

you really are boring people ,well you are boring me .

did i hit a nerve ,we are all cypriots ,no we are not you are a greek and i am a turk ,remind everyone what started these problems ,oh i forgot the past is the past ,you are not getting the north it belongs to the turks oh sorry the turkish cypriots ,so get used to it and tell your familly too.

Turtle

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 166 in Discussion

Its amazing that a lot of TC land in the south has been "compulsory purchased" and apparantly built on legally yet land owned by GC,s in the north has been stolen..................how does this work then?

wynyardman

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 21:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 166 in Discussion

RobnJo,

Does this mean we can ignore Pikey and Suzanne, and any other GC appologist?, based on

legal advise! I would buy lunch for that sort of advise!

wyn

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 166 in Discussion

Wilts Girl: "Surely one doesn’t have to have a degree in a subject to be able to give their opinion on it? Whether their opinion is valid or not is another matter but surely anyone should be able to say their views?"

But equally they should be prepared to see if their views stand up to even the most basic of scrutiny.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 22:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk: "even thou u hate to admit it turkey did go over to help the n.c's in getting wiped out!!!!"

Well, at least you've got something right. How many Turkish Cypriots are left in Cyprus compared to before 1974?

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 22:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 166 in Discussion

ROBnJO: "What time frame are you using for 'legal' ownership of Cyprus? 34yrs? 134yrs? 234yrs?,... so many could claim to be 'legal' owners of Cyprus."

I think international court judgements should clear up any confusion you may have over who owns what in north Cyprus.

dy1259

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 166 in Discussion

Quote Pike: 'How many Turkish Cypriots are left in Cyprus compared to before 1974?'

Have you counted them? When you do, don't forget to count the ones from Turkey, they too are now TC. Wonderful.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 166 in Discussion

Biker: "There is no nationality as Cypriot. This crap theory that we are Cypriots and not Turks. We are Turkish and always will be."

I think the world disagrees with you. What a shame for someone who has been forced by indoctrination to deny their own ethnicity for that of a foreign country. Talk about living on your knees.

"We just happen to be living in Cyprus."

Or not as the case may be.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 166 in Discussion

dy: "Have you counted them? When you do, don't forget to count the ones from Turkey, they too are now TC. Wonderful."

No need to count how many TCs are left in Cyprus these days. They are heavily outnumbered by Anatolians. I certainly wouldn't want to leave you alone in a room with a proud Turkish Cypriot. They aren't too keen on your type, which is probably why you're in London.

PtePike

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 23:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk: "yes I was raised in u.k not spent my whole life there, but still a turkish cypriot national and belive you me like how the south drafted planes for nationals who live outside cyprus to vote, the north will do the same so my vote will be counted where yours wont!!!!

Those who qualify for the vote must be a resident permanently domiciled in Cyprus. EU monitors oversee the whole process in conjunction with the police. There are laws about election fraud and I'm sure you'll stay on the right side of them.

Hector

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 23:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 166 in Discussion

dy1259

I've tried to stay out of this thread. Just thought that your view that TC's are heading for NC in increasing numbers is a bit of wishful thinking. The other way round I would have thought.

dy1259

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 166 in Discussion

Many people I know, friends/relatives, friends of friends, relatives of relatives, have moved back to North Cyprus. Also there are many who have homes in the TRNC and divide their time between the TRNC and wherever else they live outside of North Cyprus. I must say I don't know of TC families leaving North Cyprus. Regardless,

dy1259

Message Posted:
19/09/2008 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 166 in Discussion

(to continue)

The point I'm making is that TCs are the majority in the TRNC, whereas in a unified Cyprus, TCs will be deemed an ethnic minority by the GCs, the GCs then won't want to power share..1960, 1963 and 1964 etc. all over again.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 00:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 166 in Discussion

Right side of the law............yeah right!

ukturk

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 166 in Discussion

so let me get this straight the majority of the north cypriots that took the chance to go to the u.k for some sort of normal life are outsiders and have no right to be called turkish cypriots because they should have stayed and suffered with all the other turkish cypriots and thats why turkish cypriots who never left cyprus hate us types who did dont make me laugh

so is that what the uk population think of you expats who leave the u.k to settle in cyprus or wherever

pike quote Well, at least you've got something right. How many Turkish Cypriots are left in Cyprus compared to before 1974

far more than if the greek cypriots and greece had anything to do with it!!!!

if thats your view i would rather be over populated with turks from turkey than over run wtih greeks and us turkish cypriots really losing our identity and speaking greek going to church and painting eggs at easter!!!!

so if you are saying that there is too many settlers from turkey and they should be sent back what about the other settlers from other countries like the u.k maybe the cypriot government should send them packing aswell

i would rather see turks in north cyprus compared to the u.k who allow any tom dick and harry come in and sponge of the government at least the turks dont sponge

ill will be doing multiple voting because in the eyes of some people us turks do everything illegall and actually pike its the organization for security and cooperation in europe who overseas and police fair and fraud free elections and it comes under the banner of the u.n not the e.u!!!!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 01:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 166 in Discussion

Erkan,

Take pity on this poor person/s with schizophrenia.

PtePike

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 166 in Discussion

dy: "Pike, what is wrong with Anatolians? More racism from you then."

Er - how about they're not allowed to be in Cyprus in the first place? It's a war crime under the Geneva convention. The only racists are those who want an ethnically cleansed, pure state. At least Turkish Cypriots know they share DNA with Greek Cypriots. Maybe your great-granny was a Greek. Perhaps someone in London can tell you.

PtePike

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 166 in Discussion

ukturk,

Can you just confirm "ill will be doing multiple voting because in the eyes of some people us turks do everything illegall" means you will attempt to vote even though you don't live in Cyprus?

ukturk

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 166 in Discussion

sue

typical people like you to start throwing abuse at another race, just because you cant reply with a decent enuf response does not mean you can be disrespectful

so let me get this straight all turks from turkey from 74 to present day are welcomed then given a house and if they come via u.k dole money and some milk tokens

sue i cant honestly say how many turks are claiming dole maybe next time you are down the dole office signing on carry out a survey!!!

Now i know what it is you are jealous!!! its a shame for you then after the first world war turkey joined the allies and they split the empire which included cyprus and parts of greece and many other eastern european countries , then you could have been eligable for a free house in the north of cyprus and not forgetting the dole money from the u.k

wow from your comments pike i did not think you a far right wing millitant was you a bnp follower in the u.k!!!

so you dont want any turks in cyprus so what about all the foreign people that have moved there so in your eyes its a crime for turks from turkey to live in cyprus

i thought you knew your history pike its actually greek cypriots who have the same dna and blood lines as turks remember cyprus was under turksish rule from the 1500's to early 1900's so most greeks and their ancestors all spoke turkish aswell as other greeks islands like rhodes, crete, lindos and even cetain parts of salonika in greece

what do you need to confirm firstly its none of your buisness what i do!!!!,secondly its called sarcasm something i thought you would know about, maybe you should concentrate posting correct info like about who helps govern the voting its not the e.u its the un funded o.s.c.e

hattikins

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 166 in Discussion

Susanne

Then in that case what the hell has it to do with you who claims benefits in the UK.

You really are racist aren,t you, just what do you think Turkish people should be allowed to do or where they should be allowed to go. I only hope that you keep your offensive, racist remarks to yourself when sharing a drink with your new neighbours .

dy1259

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 166 in Discussion

Pike and Susanne are supposed to reflect the opinions of the 'moderate' Greek Cypriots? Heaven have mercy on the TCs/Turks if there is ever reunification and especially without the protection of the Turkish army.

Long live the TRNC (for very good reasons)

hattikins

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 166 in Discussion

Just a thought,

the Turkish settlers who have been there on Cyprus for thirty odd years, I suppose thay could be classed as full time residents too so surely they then are entitled to be involved in the future of the island, probably more so than you I would think.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 14:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 166 in Discussion

what is the difference between turkish settlers ( the g/cs want out )

and pontian settlers they want in ??

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 166 in Discussion

The case so often advocated by such as susanne and pike is fatally flawed.

They claim that post 74 property ownership in TRNC is 'illegal'. They also claim that any actions would be dealt with by 'International Courts'.

They also claim that any referendum will be subject to 'EU monitoring, and subject to international Laws concerning election fraud'.

They are suggesting that the EU and International Courts already have jurisdiction in the TRNC.

That is obviously not the case.

The TRNC is only recognised by Turkey.

Turkey is the only Country with any jurisdiction.

If the ROC, during the current talks were to advocate removal of all 'Border' controls, the recognition of the TRNC, lifting of all embargoes, allowance of direct flights and free movement of peoples, freedom for any resident (of whatever nationality) of NC to vote,.... then they might stand a chance of moving matters forward.

Property claims could then be properly addressed, probably settled by the EU.

Until that happens, their cases carry no weight whatsoever.

rob

ilovecyprus

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 166 in Discussion

Pike what right do you have as a Scottish national to tell TC's on here that there opinion counts less than yours. You are the height of arrogance. This is especially dangerous when you combine your arrogance with the ease in which you move from charm to manipulation.

self interest often masquerades itself as principle/morality

ukturk

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 166 in Discussion

hi

to all non t.c's forum members now can you see how people like sue who has connections and family members that are greek cypiots how they percive turks that they scrounge, take peoples houses cos they are barbarians, lazy and all they can do is ponse of the u.k for dole money!!!! not being offensive sue has not got a real idea and is not really educated on the cyprus issue other than listening to others propanganda and look how she thinks and talks about turks, so how can us turkish cypriots irelavant of where we live at the moment can accept any unification with the south with out being paranoid cos if she can say such biggot rascist remarks can you imagine what the general populus of the south think!!!!!

then of course you get other people who have done a bit of homework to suit themselves, that think cos they have a legal owned property which must of hurt handing over money to a turk, that they have got more rights and their view counts for more than any turkish cypriot living in the north cyprus or north london what a joke!!!!

can you see now what t.c's have got to go thru with these peoples views expected from g.c's and their lovers but also from people from the u.k!!!!

i ask any of your guys from the u.k have you given up all your rights and views and what you stand for nationally because you have left the u.k i dont think so!

so how the hell can some people on here say t.c's who live in the u.k, turkey, germany or timbuktoo have no rights to their country where they come from or where their parents and ancestors come from, i would be angry if i was not laughing so much!!!!! lol

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 18:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 166 in Discussion

Go for it Erkan!!

I'm UK born, brought up and proud of it! As a teenager I went to the Lying in State of Winston Churchill.

Despite it's current problems I still love my home country and am proud of it.

Your pride similarly shines through.

Now I'm an owner of property in the TRNC, a country I have fallen in love with. I respect the people there and they respect me.

If there is to be a referendum, I hope owners like me will be able to vote, even if we are living in London, or wherever! From what I've seen on these threads, I reckon 95%+ of susannes or pikes 'illegal immigrants' would vote for Partition with Recognition and a strong future for the TRNC.

If there is a General Election in the UK while I'm in NC, I will do all I can to use a postal/proxy vote.

Let's hope we all get the same opportunity in NC.

In the meantime, ignore the very, very few dissenting comments from those who seem just to want to cause division and discord.

I think it was Confuscius who said:

"The smallest insect inflicts the greatest discomfort".

rob

hattikins

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 166 in Discussion

Well said Rob,

You certainly disturbed a hornets nest when you started this thread and some people showed their true colours ( and thoughts on TC,s) which we already knew.

I have met some lovely people since buying my home in Cyprus and hope to meet many more over the years, I hope that the present talks bring a lasting peace to this beautiful island.

Hattie

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 166 in Discussion

the key to peace is respect and i see no evidence of this from the south ,especially on other forums.

if you can,t respect someone how can you live in peace with them.

musin

long live the kktc

PtePike

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 166 in Discussion

Some people are getting very hot under the collar! Four posts in a row from dy. A sure sign of insecurity - and that something's hit the target. Still, it must make a change having someone saying "Yes, massa, no massa," - even if it's only a couple of expats occupying someone else's property. The biggest irony is how the genuflecting ones don't realise the contempt Turkish Cypriots have for the London-based pretend TRNC supporters.

Turtle

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 166 in Discussion

Pike

It must be good to be you ?

You are the most arrogant, Pompus, Vain, narrow minded buffoon on this site.

I dont normally resort to this type of assination but you really must get over yourself.

You constantly judge people and put them down for having an opinion different from yours which must mean you are superior to anyone else.

Can no one else have an opinion without your constant one sided rhetoric rammed down our throats.

dy1259

Message Posted:
20/09/2008 23:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 166 in Discussion

Quote Pike:Some people are getting very hot under the collar! Four posts in a row from dy. A sure sign of insecurity - and that something's hit the target. Still, it must make a change having someone saying "Yes, massa, no massa," - even if it's only a couple of expats occupying someone else's property. The biggest irony is how the genuflecting ones don't realise the contempt Turkish Cypriots have for the London-based pretend TRNC supporters. End Quote.

Pike, you don't know what you're talking about. Grow up, child.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 00:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 166 in Discussion

I see Lord HAw-Haw is back on the Air waves!

Won't be like before "Tokyo Rose" from the South Cyprus propoganda machine will be working alongside him!

Wonder how the new TC neighbour is getting on ?

hattikins

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 00:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 166 in Discussion

Tokyo Rose seems to have gone missing.

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 166 in Discussion

Lord Haw-Haw and Tokyo Rose, they need sacking. LOL.

LOL. hattikins and Tiggy

Not one TC demoralised here!

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 02:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 166 in Discussion

ILC: "Pike what right do you have as a Scottish national to tell TC's on here that there opinion counts less than yours."

Very simple to put you right on this. I'm telling a couple of fellow British citizens how out of touch and how little they know about the opinions and realities faced by Turkish and Greek Cypriots in Cyprus today.

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 02:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 166 in Discussion

Turtle: "Pike. It must be good to be you."

Turtle - did you feel a bit hot all over when you typed that? ;)

phylray

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 02:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 166 in Discussion

Biker

I can't agree with you that there is no such thing as Cypriot nationality.

I hope this is not true. I do remember asking a regular taxi driver (who

spoke good English I may add) if he was Turkish Cypriot. He replied

"I am Cypriot" Liked it!

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 03:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 166 in Discussion

Quote Racist Pike: 'Very simple to put you right on this. I'm telling a couple of fellow British citizens how out of touch and how little they know about the opinions and realities faced by Turkish and Greek Cypriots in Cyprus today. '

You would say the above though, wouldn't you?

You are incorrect if you believe that TCs living outside of the TRNC are 'out of touch'. You as an outsider will never get a true picture of what TCs think or believe or want in their country, the TRNC. You seriously have NO IDEA what you are talking about when it comes to TCs. Just accept that and go and find another job. They'll sack you anyway for being so ineffective.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 03:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 166 in Discussion

Has "Tokyo Rose" awoken from her casket yet ?

I see the other blood sucker is in full flight again tonight.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 166 in Discussion

Turtle msg 119.

Spot on! Like a top flight surgeon, straight to the root cause of the problem!

wyn

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 166 in Discussion

I wonder what's happened to all Susanne's posts on this thread? Can any moderators shine some light on this? People have aready spoken out about censorship on other BBs comparing it with the freedom of speech here. Perhaps a technical blip?

ps , no technical blip , a calculated decision based on contents of previous posts --------- moderator

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 10:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 166 in Discussion

dy: "Susanne/Pike=RACISTS"

Defamation

This guide is based on UK law. It was last updated in April 2008..

Overview

Any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or "published," may well be a defamatory statement and can give rise to an action for either libel or slander in English law.

Distinction between libel and slander under English law

Generally speaking, slander is when a defamatory statement has been made orally without justification. If the statement was made in a permanent form, for example, recording words onto tape, it would not be slander but libel.

Libellous statements are those that are recorded with some degree of permanence. This would include statements made by email or on on-line bulletin boards.

In Scotland, the distinction between libel and slander is not of importance. In the face of any such action, it is then up to the person making the statement to show he or she had justification for making the statement in question.

http://www.out-law.com/page-5624

Just a word of warning. Injury to feelings pays out about £3000 in our jurisdiction at the moment. larger sums are payable for injury to reputation issues. You may want to withdraw the statement and apologise without reservation.

simbas

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 128 of 166 in Discussion

hi turtle , never a truer word spoken in jest

have a good day , simbas

hattikins

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 129 of 166 in Discussion

RACIST.

Someone who believes that other races are not as good as their own and therefore treats them unfairly.

BIGOT

A person who has strong beliefs and who thinks that anyone who does not have the same beliefs is wrong.

RESPECT

To accept the importance of someones rights or customs and do nothing that would cause harm or offence.

TRUTH

A fact or principle which is thought to be true by most people.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 11:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 130 of 166 in Discussion

hattikins,

Can't argue with that!

wyn

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 131 of 166 in Discussion

hattikins: "RACIST: Someone who believes that other races are not as good as their own and therefore treats them unfairly."

As unfailrly as ethnically cleansing more than 100,000 people from their lands then illegally selling their property to immoral foreigners, perhaps?

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 132 of 166 in Discussion

Racist Pike, are you threatening me?

simbas

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 133 of 166 in Discussion

wyn , { long sigh } have we been here before , or have i been in a comatosed state for a long while

i dont know ! pat

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 134 of 166 in Discussion

dy,

You've been warned - and as someone who's breaking forum rules no doubt you'll hear from them too. Perhaps there aren't any moderators around at the moment as I'm sure favouritism doesn't go on.

PtePike

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 135 of 166 in Discussion

simba: "wyn , { long sigh } have we been here before , or have i been in a comatosed state for a long while i dont know ! pat."

Maybe it's that large gin you mentioned earlier.

simbas

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 136 of 166 in Discussion

did somebody say something ?

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 137 of 166 in Discussion

(To continue)

Quote Pike:'I certainly wouldn't want to leave you alone in a room with a proud Turkish Cypriot. They aren't too keen on your type, which is probably why you're in London'End quote

Injuring to my feelings by telling me I'm not a 'real TC' (which can easily be proved that I am) and threatening me with being beaten up by a fellow TC because I'm, based on what you say, not a 'real TC'.

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 138 of 166 in Discussion

Pike, if you don't like being called a racist, be more sensitive about what you say regarding people from Turkey and TCs living outside of Cyprus and the TRNC, it is full of people (TCs especially) who choose to live in the TRNC because they feel safe and secure in their country.

hattikins

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 139 of 166 in Discussion

DELUDED

Believing things that are not real or true.

SELF RIGHTEOUS

Believing that your ideas and behaviour are morally better than those of other people.

SELF-OPINIONATED

Having and expressing very strong feelings and beliefs and believing that your own opinions are the only correct ones.

SELF-IMPORTANCE

The belief that you are more important or have higher value than other people

ARROGANCE

Unpleasantly proud and behaving as if you are more important than, or know more than other people.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 140 of 166 in Discussion

In post 116, hattikins suggested I have 'disturbed a hornets nest'.

If I have and it has caused vitriol and personal abuse,.. I sincerely apologise, that was not my intention.

However,... what it has achieved, is, as hattikins suggested, brought people out of the woodwork to nail their colours to the mast, be they pro or anti an Independant TRNC.

This is a serious matter for many of us, whether TC's, Turks, 'immigrant' property owners, business owners, investors, retirees etc,... not some 'dinner party' discussion.

If it had not been for this website and it's excellent forums, I would never have even considered asking for an International Legal view from Lawyers last week in London. (my post 81)

I notice pike in msg 131 is again arguing on the basis of UK law, which even he has previously admitted does not apply in the TRNC, as neither does EU or International Law.

All of his 'cases' are totally flawed and erroneous.

I have another coule of points regarding 'legal' ownership in NC, which I am not sure I should air on this thread or start a new thread. Any suggestions?

rob

chick

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 141 of 166 in Discussion

I am amazed that this post has reached 145 posts with such venom.

The first post I read I thought was humourous, so why has it gone all wrong, or perhaps I have got the wrong sense of humour.

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 15:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 142 of 166 in Discussion

ROBnJo

Not your fault at all. Your original post was witty and clever. If you go through the threads on this forum you will see that Pike has gone off-topic in order to push forward his Greek Cypriot propaganda and malign the TRNC/TCs/Turks.

Wyn, simbas

I know you don't like the nastiness, I apologise to you, ROBnJo and to others (excepting a couple of vile characters on this forum, they know who they are). Racist, bigoted and extremely offensive comments about the TCs/Turks and the TRNC, including the Expats, should not be left unchallenged.

Donna

hattikins

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 16:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 143 of 166 in Discussion

Rob

I would be interested in the further points you mention. Perhaps another thread may be the best way.

Hattikins

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 17:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 144 of 166 in Discussion

Compliments to marilyn from her 'Orams' new thread.

"A ruling is due in December 2008.

Comment - The deliberations of the ECJ are overshadowed by the commencement of negotiations by Messrs Christofias and Talat. It is unlikely that the ECJ will wish to make any definitive ruling which would affect, stall or cause these talks to break down. It should be remembered that the ECJ deliberations are based on the queries raised and forwarded to the ECJ by Lord Phillips in June 2007. These are technical queries and do not directly deal with the central issue of whether the Orams have to hand over their house in Lapta, TRNC to Mr Apostolides."

This is exactly what last week my Legal Advisor told me might happen (post 81).

rob

Littlenige

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 17:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 145 of 166 in Discussion

what is the difference between turkish settlers ( the g/cs want out )

and pontian settlers they want in ??

ANY ONE ?

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 146 of 166 in Discussion

susanne

welcome to the thread!

Where do you live? UK or TRNC?

You don't seem to be giving much away on your info page! Though if you wish to maintain anonymity, that's up to you.

Sadly a previous poster called susanne seems to have been 'Red Carded' for her posts.

I'm sure you will be much more agreeable!

rob

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 147 of 166 in Discussion

Gosh susanne!

I would never have guessed!

What would you like to discuss?

rob

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 18:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 148 of 166 in Discussion

Re Pontian settlers in the 'ROC'. The following is quoted from GCs elsewhere, these NOT my opinion:

Quote: 'absolutely correct. We moan about the Anatolian settlers and yet we dare not ask if the T/Cs are happy with the Pontian gypsies , and gypsies they are. In Paphos , before they arrived , crime , theft and burglary was practically non existent . why on earth allow these so called "Greeks " to spoil our shores. The T/Cs are part of Cyprus , these gypsies are no more a part of Cyprus than the Anatoliam settlers.There are two sides to a coin , we ought to look at both !'

From someone else:

Quote:'These people are mostly citizens of southern Russia and former Soviet Union countries who were allowed to emigrate to Greece initially when they could prove ancestry from that country after the Communist system ended there.They were often very poor and initially took jobs in agriculture in northern Greece but many who were from cities went to Thessaloniki etc.In the early 90's in Paphos there was a big shortage of labour for the booming construction industry so the former foreign minister George Iacovou who was president of an association for diaspora Greeks allowed them to come here!I worked with the local agent of a Russian airline from Krasnodar here and every Thursday a plane used to arrive packed with them!Of course they soon found ways to dissapear in Paphos,as well as bringing over their relatives and had no intention of leaving!There are now about 15.000 of them in this area alone,many of whom have mainland Greek passports and are therefore legal E.U. citizens!Of course they are well aware of this and you cannot do anything to them unless they break the law!In all fairness, a lot of them are people who had qualified professions at home but now end up accepting manual jobs which Cypriots don't want such as cleaners,hotel workers and supermarket girls etc and many of the women are quite decent and respectable.When the men don't have work,they drink and quarrrel and this is where the problems start,usually about money etc.But who is to blame and who let them come here in the first place to a small town where they now outnumber the locals???'End quote.

dy1259

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 149 of 166 in Discussion

From another forum:

Quote from TC in reply to the GCs saying that Turkish ‘settlers’ have to leave Cyprus, to make a point: ‘Don't forget the Greek Troops and Pontus Greeks as well to get out from Cyprus.

Also warn ROC that they are offering military bases to French in Paphos. Don't ever forget the other side of the coin.’ End quote

Quote GC reply: Shame us into turning our backs on people you do not want around, and get us to do your dirty work of racially selecting people for removal from our shores ... so that the Turks can inherit the Earth and all that's in it ...End quote.

I’ve never read anywhere that the ‘ROC’ or GCs wish the Pontian settlers to leave the ‘ROC’, neither have I seen anything from the Greek Cypriot propagandists on these forums suggesting the Pontians should leave the ‘ROC’.

So it seems, according to GCs, the 'ROC' can have its settlers but the Turks from Turkey, many of whom were born in the TRNC and are married to TCs, must leave. IMO, the Turkish ‘settlers’ should not have to leave the TRNC, neither should the Pontians have to leave the ‘ROC’.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 150 of 166 in Discussion

'Diary of an Illegal Immigrant'.... Update.

Early in 2007, we were on a ramble north of Girne, near Dogankoy.

We came across an ancient Olive Grove, where students were measuring and recording the Olive Trees. The trees were ancient, with massive trunks, the students told us they were probably more than 2000yrs old and they were studying them for a project.

The grove had been originally planted in a grid form and not random growth.

So who originally planted these trees and who has cultivated them for over 2000 yrs?

Who can claim Legal title to them?

It's obviously no-one from recent history!

rob

chick

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 19:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 151 of 166 in Discussion

From the Cyprus Forum.

Quote: Anna-sh. 21-9-08.

(Hi Im new)

Thought I would join this forum. As I have been thrown off of the above,they dont like it when someone starts to hit home with the truth!! anyone else had this problem.

Its ok for the expats & UK TCs to be abusive, but when you start to debate with them you get blocked.

The site is WWW.Cyprus44.Com/Forums. Have fun reading some of there posts.

Susanne is this you????

Graham

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 152 of 166 in Discussion

More Quotes from the same person on the Cyprus-Forum

wish you would anwser some of these idiots on the cyprus44!!

theres only one other person called pike who fights our corner, he really knows his stuff!!

my bb name was susanne! all my posts have been taken off!! but i will try again as they are so blinkered!! & you are so right about cyp44!

does get ones back up when they spout there rubbish

freedom of speech! they don`t know the meaning

As i have said lots of times on there bb, ` HELL MEND THEM

hattikins

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 153 of 166 in Discussion

Now guys, a little compassion please, she obviously has a lot of problems and needs to make friends wherever she can.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 154 of 166 in Discussion

msg 146

Pity the dissapearance was not permanent. Anychance of you staying on your other forum.

And for the author of: Just a word of warning. Injury to feelings pays out about £3000 in our jurisdiction at the moment. larger sums are payable for injury to reputation issues. You may want to withdraw the statement and apologise without reservation. You have a cheek!

wynyardman

Message Posted:
21/09/2008 23:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 155 of 166 in Discussion

Well,

I really enjoyed RobnJO original posting. So humorous!

Don't let every lighthearted thread be dragged down to this level by the usual protagonists.

wyn

phylray

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 156 of 166 in Discussion

The original was a good posting, I agree. Gave me a laugh too.

As does the fact you can always recognise Susannes posts by the spelling!

OOps...promise to say no more!

w26kay

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 02:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 157 of 166 in Discussion

Which other BB are you all talking about?

Graham

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 03:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 158 of 166 in Discussion

This one.

http://www.cyprus-forum.com/

Graham

Tiggy

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 04:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 159 of 166 in Discussion

SussAnna-sh, have you told your new chums on the cyprus-forum the truth that you were NOT thrown off this forum? From what I have seen at my peek at it and some of the blogs, few persons seem to hog all the lime light with some real offensive comments made about the TC people and of course Turkey.

What a waste of life with so much hatred they have.

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 160 of 166 in Discussion

I,m sure that Susannes contribution to this forum will not be missed, as Tiggy says, so much hate, how sad.

PtePike

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 13:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 161 of 166 in Discussion

ROBnJO: "I notice pike in msg 131 is again arguing on the basis of UK law, which even he has previously admitted does not apply in the TRNC, as neither does EU or International Law."

You make the wrong assumptions the about jurisdiction. Don't you realise that the majority of posts on this forum are made to and from the UK?

PtePike

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 162 of 166 in Discussion

ROBnJO: "The grove had been originally planted in a grid form and not random growth. So who originally planted these trees and who has cultivated them for over 2000 yrs? Who can claim Legal title to them? It's obviously no-one from recent history!"

That's like saying a tree in the back garden of your home will always belong to the person who planted it years earlier. I think you are confused about the very basics of land and property ownership law.

wynyardman

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 163 of 166 in Discussion

ROBnJO,

Pikey seems to think we are all confused! Oh well!

I have always wondered why we get a water bill, when the damned stuff falls out of the sky!

Guess its just the system!

wyn

Tiggy

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 164 of 166 in Discussion

How'z the rain coming on over there on the Island.??

Well wyn, (good day to ya)

what ever falls on the north will have to be returned to the south.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 165 of 166 in Discussion

pike

"You make the wrong assumptions the about jurisdiction. Don't you realise that the majority of posts on this forum are made to and from the UK? "

Eh? Are you losing the plot?

What's that got to do with Legal Jurisdiction in the TRNC??

Have you not noticed that the ECJ ruling on the Orams case has been delayed for at least 3 months to allow the current talks to provide a resolution.

They are obviously minded that they have no Jurisdiction in the TRNC and are desperately hoping the current talks can provide such resolution and let them off the hook!!

Even Cherie Blair has distanced herself from the case!

rob

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
22/09/2008 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 166 of 166 in Discussion

pike

"That's like saying a tree in the back garden of your home will always belong to the person who planted it years earlier. I think you are confused about the very basics of land and property ownership law."

Exactly!!

So why should a previous 'owner' try to claim compensation and interest??

I presume you accept that a spurious claim for land, property, or any beneficial interest by a former 'owner' who probably cannot provide definitive proof of ownership or title from previous owners or occupiers, should be ignored as a claim without substance.

rob

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.