North Cyprus Tourist Board - Hotspot water heater problems
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Hotspot water heater problems

Hotspot water heater problems

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

walkersav

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Don't you find it particularly disappointing when you have to openly criticise a British tradesman on a forum like this?

We purchased a Hotspot water heater in early November last year. Initially we had no problems and lashings of hot water. Then unexpectedly we found that sometimes it worked and others it didn't. Called the guy who installed it and granted he came out and gave us the tip about cleaning the tap filters. Everything seemed OK until about 3 weeks ago when the problem came back. Phoned him again and he said he would speak to an engineer and get back to us. Waited and nothing. Rang again and no answer. Kept on ringing again no answer. Eventually spoke to his wife who said "he's just outside I'll get him to ring you back in 2 minutes". No call. I've texted him several times with no response. The quality of his aftersales support is abysmal. I'd like a water heater that works when I want it to work please. So come on Tony/Rollinbones give me a call and sort it out. Stuart

gates

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

the trouble with these systems is the hard water and i would always recomend trying to do without it some people dont heed my warnings and carry on just remember hot water here is a problem because of the size of the hot tanks and the water conditions you will always have touble getting hot water on tap so before you get the man in to sort out this make sure he is responsable has a company with address and the other things you need to get a good guarentee i post this so many times on this board but deaf ears and price is everybodies main concern

walkersav

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 16:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Gates, Thanks for the comments but the real issue here is that if someone is selling a product 1) it should work, 2) they should stand by it and sort out any subsequent problems and 3) it's even more disappointing because he's a Brit.

waddo

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 17:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I have one of these and fitted it myself - see post asking for help!!! - since I had my brain re-tuned and was told what a pratt I was for trying to get 88 degree water out of it and to adjust the heating controls on the boiler, it has worked just fine. However, the change in the weather over the past 3 weeks and the subsequent change in night/daytime temps has meant that I needed to visit the adjusting system again. First thing I found was that I had loads of scale in the filter on the inlet side of the boiler - cleaned that out - then found that my hot taps and shower outlets were also full of scale - cleaned them out - then wnet round everything and just gave it a general clean up and de-scale. No problems now at all.

Suggest you have a look yourself - much cheaper than having the installer do it and will not invalidate the guarantee anyway as you probably only got 1 year - they are simple things and easily sorted out.

waddo

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Also - from 3 years experiance of the last one we had (moved house now) it is best to just leave them connected up to the mains water supply and switched on all summer - your batteries may run flat but at least you will have water going through the system all the time and it won't silt up. Good luck.

walkersav

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 18:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Thanks for your comments guys. Looks like I've got a couple of jobs to do tomorrow.

Shame there's no offer of help from Tony!!!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.