North Cyprus Tourist Board - Yet another price increase TBV
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Yet another price increase TBV

Yet another price increase TBV

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

train

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Guy's & Gal's

Of the Turtle Bay Villa / Apartment complex at Essenteppe, I have just recived and invoice for this year's bill's and was shocked to find that what is effectivly a steath tax has been applied in the guise of £10.00 emergency repair cover. When I e-mailed the on site Resco team they told me that it was to cover various repair's to swimming pool's around the complex and a total complex re-paint. I may be wrong ( and please bear with me as we've just recently bought our place on the complex ) I was under the impression that all this sort of thing was covered in our £67,00 monthly maintanance fee, am I wrong ??????????????.

Please help me out my regard's to you all Sean & Denise apartment 5 block 30a

waddo

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Sounds like they want you to pay their insurance premium for them! Is your £67.00 maintanance fee for your property or as a comunual charge?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
02/02/2011 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

£67 per month seems very expensive.

train

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 14:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Hi,

My thanks to those who have sent me replies to my query.............we were told that this charge was indeed a communual maintanance fee and we also pay a fee to have our apartment checked out once a month i.e tap's turned on toilets flushed ect. The maintance fee at £67.00 pcm equates to £804.00 per annum but if you add the " extra " £10.00 pcm that gives the on-site maintanance company yet another £120.00 on to of the £804.00 which when you do the math's becommes £924.00 pa. I tend to be of the school of thought that they wanted to slip in yet another price increase ( They being Resco ) under the guise of the extra money going to " Emergency Repair's "...............as I have stated in my original thread I thought the £67.00 pcm payment was to cover this sort of thing. It's no wonder that people are selling up at TBV it's beginning to turn into a money pit...........Please bear in mind that these are just my own thought's though people.

All the very best to you all Sean.

bonnie

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Train

Why would you buy on a complex if you thought the Maintainance charge was too high?? Its obvious charges will increase - you say you have only recently purchased on TBV why did you not enquire from your vendor if the charges were likely to go up this year before making your purchase??-

Airing your views on a public forum and not the TBV Forum is not exactly the way to make new friends on the complex is it??? I suggest you make your complaint to the Committe if you feel you have been unfairly treated. I am sure they made their reasons clear to you why this additional charge has been introduced and no it is not to do with your maintainence charge.

malsancak

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

train, thanks for the information. You are perfectly right to exercise freedom of speech and why bonnie should believe that your post should stop you making friends with those living at TBV beats me. You seem like the sort of person who could help them reduce their maintenance charges. Keep it up and if you ever need to publish your experiences on http://www.northcyprusfreepress.com then get in touch.

cronos

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Must agree with malsancak.....why should train be shouted down by someone who obviously has a vested interest in not causing any ripples on TBV ?

The information is very useful and should serve as food for thought for both existing and prospective owners on TBV.

As for the risk of "not making new friends on the complex"..... I'm sure that train doesn't want the type of friends who have this vindictive attitude.

train

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 18:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Hi,

My My my I seem to have opened up a proper can of worm's with this thread........re the extra £10.00 pcm increase on the TBV Complex, I was under the impression that this forum was for people to be able to ask question's and aire the're veiw's. ( You will notice that I have'nt run any body down nor do I intend to ) and as for not winning any freind's on the complex as cronos,malsancak quite rightly point out I/We would'nt want to make freind's with people who are very blinkered in there thinking, afterall surely debate is a good thing and all I have done is " ask a question " is that so wrong........... Before anyone post's a reply I will not entertain a slanging match and as for freind's on the complex we already have plenty.

My Regard's to you all Sean & Denise

Mick868

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Sean & Denise,

Can I recommend that you join the TBV forum to discuss all this with other owners on the site.

Please contact me at this address and I will give you access:

mickandjules@btinternet.com

train

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Hello Mick,

I have to say firstly thanks for the offer of joining the TBV forum but iv'e said all im going to say on this subject. I belive that iv'e made veiw's on this matter perfectly clear ( and remember that my intention was'nt to upset anyone I just asked the question ) As for joining this forum I think ill leave it for now but again thankyou for the offer. Hope the weather there is a damm sight better then it is here back in dear old Blighty it's cold & very windy at the moment.

All the best Sean

malsancak

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 14:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

train, the weather here isn't any better than the £924 pa you have to pay for maintenance.

Toon Army

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Sean

I am also a member of the forum that Mick has mentioned..........it would be worth your while joining it as it has loads of information,upto date photo's of the site,works shedule and loads of interesting discussions for owners of Turtle Bay Village.

Kind regards

Christine

bonnie

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Hi Sean

I apologise if my 'tone' seemed vindictive as Cronos seems to think and can assure you I was not shouting you down and it certainly was not my intention to offend - I was merely trying to make you aware that our own Forum is more informative as to why these charges etc are introduced. If you think about it - joining the said forum would enhance your knowledge as to what is happening or going on at TBV and would probably open up a new insight for you. Why not do as Mick and Christine suggest and give it a go?? Once again I apologise if I have offended you.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Sean

why would you not want to join the forum of the site you choose to buy on what have you got to lose!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.