North Cyprus Tourist Board - Staying overnight in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Staying overnight in North Cyprus

Staying overnight in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

travbug

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 05:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi everyone,

The Republic of Cyprus Embassy in the US states that visitors from South Cyprus to North Cyprus can only cross for a day trip and not spend the night--you must return by 17:00. Is this true? What should we do if we want to stay for more than a day?

Thanks

Smeeta

nurseawful

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 07:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Smeeta,

There should be no problem you crossing from South to North and staying for up to 30 days or for however long they stamp your visa at the border.

Chris

nostradamus

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

This is the second time that this question has been asked very recently. You will be able to cross the border, on foot or by car, freely in either direction. If you are coming by car, you will have to purchase additional 3rd party insurance when you cross into the TRNC - this is available at the border crossings, but check with your rental company. Why the RoC embassy are still giving out fictitious information is anybody's guess??!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 10:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

We could all take a guess!

Offshore1

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

"Return by 17.00" was the regulation before the Green Line was opened up six years ago. Looks like the RoC Embassy in the USA is either incompetent or deliberately missinforming people of the real situation.....

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 10:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

"...deliberately missinforming people of the real situation....."

Surely, not?

TinLondon

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Smeeta,

I normally fly in to the South and cross to the North for a 7 or 10 night stay and have never had any problems. To be honest the border controls may look organised, but behind the scenes it's nothing but chaos. On my last visit visitors were allowed to cross with no passport processing because a snake had entered the border control cabin and getting out of the small unit without a bite took priority.

wanderer

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Smeeta

There are regular holiday packages to the North that land at Larnaca and transit to the north for 7 ,10, 14, 7 ,21 day periods

A friend of mine visited Bellapais Monastery Gardens Hotel twice last year on a package first for 14 days in June

and then for 7 days in October He landed at Larnaca the group were collected by coach and transferred to the north at the end of the break the return journey was completed no issue no problem they also had a day trip to Lefkosa and walked over the boarder and back on a day visit

I am sure that the rest of cyprus embassy that you asked either

1. had not updated their information or

2 deliberately tried to mislead you for their own reasons

I think you will find it interesting when you visit to compare and contrast the attitudes between the two peoples on the divide

birdman

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Please return to that embassy and tell them to their face that they are lying and they know it ! Preferably do it in front of lots of other people and ask the reason for their lying ! This is a ploy to get you to remain in Southern Cyprus and is done out of hatred and bigotry.

Ask the hundreds of holidaymakers who come to the North of Cyprus for long term holidays having landed in the South. (There is absolutely no problem to enter the North at the crossing points) Also if you wished to take a holiday to the North of Cyprus, ask them if you could fly to the South first to " Have a Look " and see what their answer would be.

birdman

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 23:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Hello wanderer

I must have been typing MY post as you were typing yours!.

Same theme though.

travbug

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 05:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all the reassurance. It is frustrating to run into this kind of information when you're in the middle of planning a trip, and not know what is or is not true. I really appreciate the opportunity to check things out on this forum. We're looking forward to checking out both part of Cyprus!

Smeeta

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.