North Cyprus Tourist Board - Who would leave the TRNC if they could ?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Who would leave the TRNC if they could ?

Who would leave the TRNC if they could ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

johndp

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 61 in Discussion

Who would leave the country but cant because of the change in their financial situation, or because they cant sell ?

Just to make the treble

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 61 in Discussion

I think there are very few who want to leave at the moment. Less than 10% would be my guess.

vonny

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 61 in Discussion

i dont want to leave,im happy here

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 61 in Discussion

They won't even carry me out of here in a coffin. I am here to stay, alive or dead.

cronos

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 61 in Discussion

The reasons for anyone wishing to leave the TRNC depend very much on their original reasons for moving out there and the expectations that they had.

For anyone who moved there over 7 years ago, and has had no problems with PTP or deeds, then maybe they are still happy.

Similarly for those who made the very wise decision to just rent rather than buy, I can understand why they would be still happy with their lot.

However for those that have suffered at the hands of the state sponsored property scams in recent years, and have unfinished properties, or properties with no deeds that they cannot sell,then obviously this is going to affect their decision !

Finally there are many Brits who moved to TRNC having sold up in the UK and got a relatively sizeable amount for their property, bought cheap in NC, and took adavantage of a lower cost of living and interest rates on their savings of circa 20%.Sadly those days are long gone !

elkiton

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 61 in Discussion

An observation. There are quite a number of threads these days asking questions to solicit the doom and gloom side of living in the TRNC. I am starting to think that Diana and I belong to a very privileged club, called "Happy enjoyment of life". Yes, we have our share of problems the same as everyone else, but I make damned sure I don't bore our friends with them at every opportunity! For God's sake, give the same old, same old a rest and look on the bright side for once.

TonyE

matula

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 61 in Discussion

Yes include me in the10%.

cronos

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 61 in Discussion

Tony....this forum is for the public to air their views, both positive and negative, about North Cyprus.

It is a shame that you are bored of reading posts from real people with real opinions about real problems, but unfortunately this is REAL life and not "Happy enjoyment of life".

If you don't like the posts that dare question that the TRNC is anything but a Shangri-La, then don't open them.

If you want to redress the balance, then start some more "happy" posts of your own, and let people form their own opinions.

Just an observation.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 61 in Discussion

TonyE. There are very many of us in the same "Happy enjoyment of life" club as you.

On the flip side however there are some who aren't.

fosterscan

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 61 in Discussion

TonyE

There are a lot of people that the older they get the more they moan (about everything) my dad is one of them. Rather than trying to look on the bright side and forget the bad things that have happened they dwell on the bad and give off negative vibes.But i would like to congratulate all who have given it a go over there because its better to try it and not enjoy it than not to and regret it.

gromit

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 61 in Discussion

Tony

What sort of 'problems' do you have?

Have you bought a property you do not own?

A property without any planning consent?

A property without mains elec and little chance of getting it for years?

No redress against a highly recommended Advocate?

Or biulder?

No possibility of selling it?

Seeing your retirement savings dissapear?

Seeing your retirement dreams and plans dissapear?

Having zero protection from Mortgages or Memoranda applied?

Those are just some of my little 'problems',... sorry to bore you with them.

No1Doyen, I personally know of hundreds in the same boat, mostly not wanting to post anything on here. I think your 'some' is quite dismissive of the serious and wide ranging problems.

I agree with another poster who estimated up to 10,000 with similar problems.

Sorry to spoil your happy forum.

cypgab

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 61 in Discussion

Message 6: You don't like people criticising builtders and their practices either, and you've complained about vociferous victims eg aga, spoiling it for others.

Could I suggest that you are better off not reading these type of threads if it winds you up.

cronos

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 61 in Discussion

Gromit.....no TonyE is happy despite having to get involved in lengthy and expensive litigation on two property transactions in North Cyprus.....and yet he still thinks it is worth buying there !

My definition of happiness is obviously different !

Isabella

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 61 in Discussion

Message 8 - there are so many doom and gloom people seem to be on Cyprus 44 they outnumber anyone else.

I do not live permanently in NC but I can tell you that the people generally here in NC are just delightful - so helpful and pleasant. The countryside is very nice and open. The beautiful sunsets and wherever you are you are not far from the coast. Very spacious living, clean and unpoluted - no congested areas. The majority of the time you look out each day on to a blue sky and much of the time a sunny sky. A very relaxed environment - certainly not stressful traffic driving as on many of the roads in the UK.

If people have the opportunity to live in NC I think there is no contest. Healthwise, I am sure it must give you a few years extra on your life, keeping you healthier longer.

We are not living permenantly here - wish we could - is because we have one child and one grandchild in the UK who we need to be near to give help to. As our grandchild groes older we wil

Jeannie

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 61 in Discussion

Isabella - Where is the Utopia of which you speak?

"Clean and unpolluted"?

"No stressful traffic driving"?

I am happy that you find the place so much to your liking, but do you think you'd feel the same if you lived there permanently and had suffered the problems that so many have? I think it's a very different kettle of fish spending a few weeks a year there and living there full-time. I know of many people who have found the perfect life for them in NC and I wish them well, but the drawbacks certainly cannot be ignored, in my opinion.

elkiton

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 61 in Discussion

You guys really don't like it when someone crosses you, do you ? Spoils you depressive moaners club does it? Prefer to sit behind the keyboard and abuse anyone that is happy do you ? Get a life please. No wonder people post threads asking what has happen to the 44 board of late, it appears to be the precinct of people due to take an overdose!!! - and perhaps should.And I will read these threads and I will comment on them because someone needs to redress the balance on this board be it me or the other 10% of the happy people in contrast to the Victor Meldrew's body doubles.

Defend the builders ? - Get it right, I defend my lawyer, at least quote me right if you are going to revamp old threads!!!!

Yes I am in litigation - middle of a 5 year run of cases,yes I have spent my life savings,yes I am in debt to my kids, Yes we have health problems,yes I had to move out of my house for 5 months,yes I had to go to court to get my deeds...now trot out the "Im all right Jack"shi**.

TonyE

Pugwash

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 61 in Discussion

I am very happy here and would not change it no real issues whatsoever re mess 11 sorry to hear that you were either unlucky or badly advised or something else.

Deniz1

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 61 in Discussion

I hope i never have to leave i am thinking of changing my religion so i can be buried in a muslim cemetary but i dont know how to go about it.

elkiton

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 21:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 61 in Discussion

To keep the thread on track, no I would not leave the TRNC, and I could if I had to because there is always a way, you just have to find it.

However, it might be more fun to sell up, rent a place and go spend the capital on vacationing the summer and winter months away elsewhere.. that leaves Spring and Autumn transitions here, probably the best times of the year in the TRNC, in my opinion.

TonyE

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 61 in Discussion

"Who would leave the TRNC if they could ?"

"Who has decided to stay in the TRNC ?"

"Why so many are leaving?"

Some titles of recent threads. I must say you (British) expats have an excellent way of making your life sad(der). Moaning and whinging and blind for anything positive. Ignore the doom and gloom writers here - some of them don't live here or have sold and left.

P.S. I side with most of the words of TonyE. And where I don't I wouldn't tell you on this board. One: the answer to several questions is none of your business. Two: who is helped by the answers given to the nosy questions? And three: ALTHOUGH UNEXPECTED PROBLEMS OCCURRED - I LIKE IT HERE, IF YOU DON'T MIND. Every day is one hour too short, I'm enjoying what the country has to offer.

cooper

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 61 in Discussion

I admire you for speaking your mind DC, must have taken plenty of Dutch courage.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 61 in Discussion

Cooper, copy a link from Youtube and celebrate your borrowed fame - if you have nothing better to say than msg 21.

Tootie

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 61 in Discussion

Everyone on this forum seems to think that every expat in NC is a member of CY44.

Oh my god, I sound like AJ...

cooper

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 61 in Discussion

I could say quite a lot DC but i'm not sure if the mods would appreciate it )

IbrahimAbi

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 61 in Discussion

Well said Elkiton

Too much moaning, the reason many wouldn't leave is they would not have a moaning board,

yes there are people with problems, there are people with severe health problems, they do not cry on public bulletin boards; get a life and move on.

If people want advice then that is different, ask for help. If you just want to gripe shut up

What kind of advert/welcome for TRNC is this?

It;s enough to make one choose the other side

rowlo

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 61 in Discussion

why did you come in the 1st place ?

elkiton

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 61 in Discussion

Well Said DC, we have our differences but here I support you too.

Nosy threads ? I think some people (one in particular) was born with a large wooden spoon up her ar** from the intrusive and stupid questions asked here, which I will decline to answer too.

Do you know the term "Weekend Warriors"? We use it as a derrogatory term for the part-time soldiers who get into uniform at weekends...I think I will apply that to anyone who resides in the TRNC less than 12 weeks a year and shouts their mouth off as though they actually had any real experience of living in the TRNC.

The dross that gets posted amazes me...going into raptures because someone has discovered a new "hole in the wall" supermarket in Tatlisu, or some unheard of place in the back-end-of-beyond selling beer 50 yentels cheaper than next door...and they will be closed and gone before the next visit.

Small minds, small ambitions, and a very negative outlook makes Jack and Jill very depressing characters

TonyE

mags111

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 61 in Discussion

We have no regrets whatsoever about living here. It has its problems here but nothing compared to UK.

No place is perfect but TRNC is better than a lot of countries. We count our blessings.

jay76

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 61 in Discussion

Guys we all know what we brought regardless of deed type, its gone way past point of no return so enjoy what you got because it's going nowhere whenever there is something good their is always someone to give it the big ohh no that's not right, enjoy many many years of what you got because you made the right choice.

Jay76

johndp

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 61 in Discussion

Did anybody notice the little bit at the end of my original post 1 just to make the treble.

It was posted a little bit tongue in cheek cos I thought if i dont do it pipie will ;)

By the way the TRNC is the dogs bollo**s for me

Quarmby

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 61 in Discussion

rowlo

why did someone buy a car that turned out to be a load of crap! Foresight is a wonderful thing.

cronos

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 61 in Discussion

Quarmby...don't waste your breath.....he'll trot out the usual about homework and research, despite not having his own "log book ".

Hoylemiller

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 61 in Discussion

Hi all, just bought property in Alsancak, me n the missus love N. Cyprud and will be moving out permanently later this year, busy working in Abu Dhabi at the mo.

I have a query about bringing in a motor, (Audi A40 left hand drive) from the UAE, can u import and drive LHD vehicles in the TRNC and has anyone imported vehicles from that part of the world?

Looking forward to re-locating.

johndp

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 61 in Discussion

wheres N, Cyprud lol lol

jay76

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 61 in Discussion

Holy this off topic go to bottom of page and you find car option that will help mate good luck.

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 23:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 61 in Discussion

Message 33,

I don't think you are allowed to import left-hand drive cars into the TRNC. It was allowed quite a number of years ago but not now.

spider

Message Posted:
03/02/2011 23:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 61 in Discussion

We have no regrets at all. And love the place. Mr Spider will never set foot back home it would break his heart, as long as I can get back for my fix, I am ok. But if we went back I think it would put a smile on my face I miss my family very much and my very good dear friend too. It has been a hard slog making new friends over here, we are both very quiet personal people. The friends we have started to make has made a difference I must say We have also met some folk that are unbelievably not nice in nature too. But on the whole they are very far a few between thank goodness.and I am off home for a whole month this summer so that always helps Oh and a few more logs would would help for the rest of this winter too

Spider,X

negativenick

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 05:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 61 in Discussion

reminds me of the film "12 angry men"...........

you've all been brain washed.............

3rd world country,fecking freezing for 5 months and too hot for 2....

shite dumped everywhere, no protection from the legal sytem, poor choice in shops....

cost of living rising while bank interest rates dropping.............

you're welcome to the place..........

flowerfairy

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 07:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 61 in Discussion

TonyE, Dutch, well said..

NN... what a load of old tosh.... I suppose none of the above applies to any other country.

Sounds corney I know, but every morning I wake up is a good day, the bonus is, I wake up here, with views

iof the mountains, and the sea. Lovely neighbours and friends. I can walk anywhere and be sure no one is going to knife me for my mobile phone. What a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you God.

Hoylemiller

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 61 in Discussion

N. Cyprud...lol must've been the vino. lovingcyprus thanks for the info.

I left the UK in 1982 and it was the best decision i ever made, the only reason i go back there is to see family n friends and as Spider said for a reality check.

You only have to go into any city center on a Fri - Sat night and you'll see all the crap, urine n vomit you want. And probably get it kicked out of you as well.

I am now in a position to retire where and when i want! and me n the missus have chosen Alsancak. This would not have happened had i stayed in the UK.

Lazy days

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 61 in Discussion

We are in the lucky position of leaving shortly, we will miss many aspects of the TRNC, and will remember it as it was when we holidayed here for many years before moving here permanently ? in 2005, unfortunately as is the 'English way' there are soo many people who have tried to try to change it to another 'little Britain' and have imported their ways instead of integrating and enjoying the locality for what it was, another reason for our departure is that the health risks from living here are contrary to what some people think not good for you, there are many dangers from old and outdated equipment that is still being widely used here, all of this equipment is banned in the rest of Europe but the radiation from these installations is frightening.

The Diesel fired power station at Alagadi is also another health hazard, sorry but that is the way it is and possibly explains the higher than average cancer detection rates ?

Isabella

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 61 in Discussion

i still disagree Lazy days. In the UK we have so much industry crowded into tight areas - so many people crowded together. Apart from the Power Station there is hardly any heavy industry in North Cyprus. We do not know what is sent into the air in the UK or into our rivers undetected by the authorities. Although there are regulatory bodies there are still people/industry who will try to flout these reguations. There was a local incidence not too long ago. Increased cancer is also noted in the UK. Only this morning it has been reported that the incidence of Breast Cancer is rising in the UK.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 10:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 61 in Discussion

1: Rose-tinted specs. 2: Positive/optimistic realism. 3: Or black-painted specs. You can vote yourself how your life in TRNC looks everyday.

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 61 in Discussion

msg42.. What we do know however is that there are No rivers to pollute here in TRNC,Instead the Toxic materials are dumped into Dry Ravines or Wasteland and left to decay in the open Air,Pollution from the Power Station is at times Horrific.There is an increasing Cancer rate ....A study carried out a few years ago in Europe ,found that the presence of "RADON" Gas was more prevalent in areas were Concrete Structures/Dwellings were the norm....Radon is a naturally occurring form of decayed Uranium,Which is released when Granite is crushed and used for aggregate in the making of Concrete.(Radon is known to cause Cancer)...In the US,special Coatings have been developed to reduce the permeation of Radon particles in concrete constructions...Just gets better doesn't it....

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 11:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 61 in Discussion

RE msg 44, martinD41: (...) when Granite is crushed and used for aggregate in the making of Concrete. (...)

▶ I know some granite columns in (Northern) Cyprus: Kyrenia, a column, between the Dome Hotel and the old Harbour; Nicosia, the Venetian Column; Famagusta, the two granite columns where Bragadino was flayed alive; and more. But they are all IMPORTED Roman columns. Because granite does not naturally occur in (Northern) Cyprus. So, how is your remark related to Cyprus..?!

waddo

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 61 in Discussion

I suppose it is to be expected that threads will go off track slightly but some on this board seems to delight in making the obvious the norm, strange! Every thread seems to turn into a good reason to moan about anything at all, it appears to be just for something to do and not to impart useful information when there are other threads for that purpose.

SO:

It started like this: "Who would leave the country but cant because of the change in their financial situation, or because they cant sell ?"

It is not brain surgery, it is not an invitation to complain, it is a plain and simple 50/50 question: YES or NO!

For those of us who would not leave or are not restricted by change in financial situation or because they cant sell then there is no need to respond as it will only inflate false statistics that can be used later in yet another moan.

Pipie

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 12:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 61 in Discussion

Bang on the button Waddo !! Well said.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 61 in Discussion

Very well said elkiton, (Tony), where ever any one lives there are problems, even in GB!

The people who have moved completely to NC and have found a vocation to occupy their minds and lives, such as DC, (medieval walks) and elkiton, (bands), these people will always be happy where ever they live.

We, my hubby and I simply cannot wait to get over to the warmth, the freedom, the beautiful scenery, and of course the people we have met, some are TCs and some expats..

If we look for every possible pollutant, we ourselves live here in GB on granite, a pollutant(radon) as msg44 describes, but the houses have stood here for 700 yrs, and the old inhabitants died of real old age.. So if you go around scared of every thing, you just as well be wrapped up in a cocoon and never go out side.... what a lovely existence.

gromit

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 61 in Discussion

I wish I could answer the original question, but having bought a lovely fully finished villa with pool 3 years ago, I still haven't spent a single night in it.

I love NC and it's people, that's why I decided to retire there.

p.s. All the people who have let me down, builders, agents and advocates are all British.The people who have given me good service and advice have been mostly Cypriots.

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 12:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 61 in Discussion

Msg 45Dc, 1.I think you will find the crushed Granite is Imported into TRNC..

2.In the first part of my post I mentioned Huge amounts of waste dumped in Ravines and on waste land..Don't tell me that you haven't noticed it on your Tours of this otherwise pleasant Island.............

Isabella

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 61 in Discussion

Message 50 - Time is required to educate everyone on the subject of dumping rubbish. Since I have been coming to NC I have seen each year a noticeable improvement. Coming from the East into Girne. The final stretch of road was full of debris when I first came, now it is tidy and there are beginnings of pavements just entering Girne. I also noticed on this stretch workers clearing up rubbish - previously I am sure it would not have been on the NC agenda.

Please give them time - they were/are a third world country before the influx of foreigners which was in relative recent years. I wonder how many remember coming off a ferry in Dover and driving up the dual carriage way to see either sides of the road filled with rubbish. I used to wonder what a foreigner's first impression of the UK was. Also at one time it was the norm for people in the UK to throw cigarette packets on the floor, sweet papers on the floor and rubbish out of car windows. Fortunately that is all in the past.

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 61 in Discussion

No I'm sorry isabella, Laws are required,and hefty fines (that's something the Government here should be good at).....It's not a case of education it's more a case of self discipline......."And self pride".....leading by example etc.; Everybody knows how ugly mountains of rubbish look,you don't have to be educated in order to notice it...or remedy the situation...........(Just to keep on topic).I know two families that have left because they found the situation intolerable...

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 61 in Discussion

RE msg 51, Isabella: (...) it was the norm for people in the UK to throw cigarette packets on the floor, sweet papers on the floor and rubbish out of car windows. Fortunately that is all in the past. (...)

▶ Not only the UK! I remember how it took 20-30 years of government paid for slogans, TV spots and what have you before The Netherlands became (almost) as clean again as in the 1950's.

P.S. I still don't understand why the 30 odd thousand Turkish soldiers cannot be involved in a (quarterly?) clean-up operation in TRNC. The Turkish military have the men and the equipment, haven't they? And certainly we could ask the Greek speaking Cypriots not to attack that particular day...

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 61 in Discussion

RE msg 52, martinD41: (...) It's not a case of education (...)

▶ I disagree. It's ALL about education - of people who have no self discipline yet. (And cleaning up till the education starts to work)!

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 61 in Discussion

D.C. I think the Turkish Army have done there" Bit "for the TRNC. Now you are saying they should clean up after the undisciplined uneducated locals..(your words)........What would that solve?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 61 in Discussion

martinD41;

"I think the Turkish Army have done there" Bit "for the TRNC"

They can't have,otherwise thay wouldn't still be here.

cronos

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 13:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 61 in Discussion

Yorgo

Oh yes they have....they've just done what all invading armies do and have actually claimed the place for themselves !

martinD41

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 20:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 61 in Discussion

msg 57,,"talis est rectus eventus"

billybob

Message Posted:
04/02/2011 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 61 in Discussion

Cronos tut tut *invading*

Is it not a fact that as one of the guarantee powers (Turkey/UK /Greece) they intervened to stop genocide or a bloody civil war, as was their right

Only wondering

bigOz

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 00:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 61 in Discussion

Oh hell! Bythe time I read the last half a dozen posts I forgot what I was going to refer to in my post - let me go back to top!

Yeah! ... was gonna say: I can get away, but I will not because my great great great grandfathers were born and lived here - just as I, and I refuse to make room for more settlers! More expensive, less money, economic problems and so on - who cares! I shall eat olives and bread every day if necessary and not budge!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
05/02/2011 04:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 61 in Discussion

What a load of old cobras.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.