North Cyprus Tourist Board - Young family, childcare and education in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Young family, childcare and education in North Cyprus

Young family, childcare and education in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Sal2607

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 01:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and not quite sure how it's done but I'll give it a try.

I moved to N Cyprus 9years ago when I met my now husband.I've never been happy living here as I have no family, am very home-sick and have never really been able to embrace the culture. To get to the point, I've been home in the UK for 9months now as I came to give birth to my son and my husband said we could give it a go.Unfortunately, my husband has been unable to find work and as he and I both have jobs back in North Cyprus, we have to return.

Now my fear is for my 7month old son. If I come back, I have to return to work immediately and have no idea who is going to look after my son or what to do about his future education. I want him to be able to learn the English language and know my culture as well as the culture and language he will gain living in cyprus.

Are there any other young families in a similar situation? What kind of childcare might I be able to find and trust for my baby?

Thanks

Wiser

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 07:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

My son went to Serinler (Turkish), Lapta (I cant remember how to spell it, it was a while ago)! and loved it. when he was older, 2years and potty trained he moved on to Miss Judys (Very English)(Judith Porter School of Reading)based in Karaoglanoglu. He absolutely adores this and they learn to read, write and talk excellent English. This costs 175lira a month excluding lunches.

numpty

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

msg 2

are you sure its 175tl a month as that sounds cheap as we pay 30tl per day at Happy Child

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 11:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Sal2607

My baby is 10 months old now - and she started at creche at 4 months old ( she was the youngest there ) she goes to Bal Peteğim in Alsancak, near to Atakara supermarket . I think they are great - she loves going - full of smiles when I drop her off.

They charge 25 TL per day - this includes all meals !!!!!

Gülay - 0533 849 9747

spider

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Sal2607

Welcome to the 44 and hope you enjoy popping onto it. There have been a few threads of late and posting from new Mums wanting to get together from time to time making new found friends and sharing experiences. I hope you are able to meet lots of new people this time when you come back. We all need friends and a social life and like you say it was not easy last time you were here, But we have put the input into it too, so take up any offer that come your way and I wish you well. Try not to keep thinking on the negative thoughts of your last time here and look forward to the fun with your little one making friends together. If you offer you had of friendship it will make all the difference too.And remember when the busy times start its so important to make that time for ourselves.

Spider,X

Doola3

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

My son also goes to Miss Judys and he loves it. The price is correct 175tl per month not including the lunches which are 6tl per day (freshly cooked and delicious). wiser is my friend and I know her son very well. He speaks perfect English and Turkish which I have to say is fantastic to watch and hear. Mt son is learning turkish slowly as he goes along but at the moment I have no concerns with that. I have also heard lots of people talking about how wonderful Serinler is. I hope that you find what you are looking for and are happy in whatever decision you make. Good luck. x

fishh

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

full time at Miss judys is 175 stg per month mabe 175tl part time

Doola3

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Sorry typing error. I meant to put 175 stg. x

Wiser

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Me too sorry!!!!!! The stress of holidays and no Miss Judys!

airy____fairy

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Sal2607

Miss Judys has a n excellent reputation - but I am fairly sure that your child has to be potty trained before she will take them - so yours maybe too small ( unless things have changed in the last few months ).

Honestly Bal Peteğim are excellent in Alsancak !!!!

Sal2607

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Hi all,

Thanks for all of your replies. My son is only 7months old and unfortunately we live in Nicosia but I'm going to start looking aound at nurseries as soon as we get back..maybe I could apply for a teaching job in Girne as there seem to be some good places there which I'll certainly be looking into as my son gets a little older.

I feel better having read that there are so many young children getting the benefits of both cultures. And perhaps when I get back I'll be able to make some new friends, who knows?

Thanks again.

x

Natty

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

My daughter has been at Happy Child since she was 11 weeks old as I had to return to work. From day one I have not had any complaints, she is now two and loves going there. She speaks Turkish at Creche and we speak English at home. Would definitely recommend them to anyone. Good luck with your move.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.