North Cyprus Tourist Board - Great TV feature for the (slightly) hearing impaired
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Great TV feature for the (slightly) hearing impaired

Great TV feature for the (slightly) hearing impaired

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

treemancyprus

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Decided to get a new LCD TV to replace my old Phillips CRT set. One thing I was looking for was a good, clear audio output, cos (like quite a few of us, I suspect) I have been having to turn up the volume on some channels (subtitled films, usually) in order to hear the dialogue clearly. Found out that both Sharp and LG brands feature 'Clear Voice' - this is a menu option to highlight speech, and I think its brilliant ! - I can now have the TV volume at a much lower setting, whilst still hearing the dialogue perfectly. The LG set I bought has 'clear Voice 2', which allows you to vary the dialogue volume. Some older sets may only have 'Clear Voice 1', which is simply on or off. Turned it on on the Sharp TV in the Ravine yesterday, after watching the rugby, and everyone watching seemed to agree it was a big improvement. Couldn't find a similar feature in Toshiba, Panasonic brands, etc., but defo available with Sharp and LG brands.

CJtill

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

You would not need to do this if the tv companies stopped the loud music played over, each and every programme,,,,,and I wont even mention the American films.

Michael

treemancyprus

Message Posted:
06/02/2011 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Quite right, Michael - I have no problem with BBC news, Al Jazeera etc, it's mainly just the movie channels. Unfortunately, we are stuck with it if we can't afford a 4.2 metre dish and Sky subscription. I watch Nilesat free-to-air (one-off payment for small dish, sat box and set-up) and am very happy with the 20 - odd English channels - especially as I can now listen to the films without irritating my neighbours !

Oh, another bonus with the LCD picture is that I no longer need my 1.0 reading glasses to see the picture clearly.

Just thought I would buck the C44 trend and post how pleased I am with something. Who knows, it might catch on !!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.