North Cyprus Tourist Board - Renewing your Residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Renewing your Residency

Renewing your Residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 09:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

I know the paper work needed and where to go, Muhta/pho copies etc as I have already done it three time, but now I'm told that the charges at the Immigration office have trebled, has anyone here renewed in the last few weeks, and will be able to inform me of any extra paper work needed and the cost at the Immigration, as it seems to change from year to year. Thanks

Smithy

woody

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Copies needed : copy of your old residence stamp in your passport is needed as well as usual stuff

cost: 5 - 6ytl stamps and 2-1.20ytl stamps for muktahs letter also 146ytl paid on collection from Lefkosa. Did ours yesterday

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 11:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Thanks a lot Woody, I have had so many different people telling me this and that, not sure where my head is at the moment, can I ask as last year I had to get 3 signatures on my Muhta letter, I did'nt know about that and each time I went back to the Police Stn they were pointing to the bottom of the page for me to get 2 more signatures, they seem to change the rules each time I go, but thanks again, I thought it was 495ytl at Immigration nearly had a fright.

Smithy

Whistler

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 11:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Smithy. Another addition is that if you are renting a property you wil need to go to the tax office and get your tenancy agreement stamped now. Did ours yesterday, it cost 52ytl.

You have I think 30 days to do it after signature and after that there is interest to pay. I didn`t know about it until my friend told me and then read it in the

paper "Cyprus Today" two weeks ago. They work it out at 0.5% of your total rental, bu if you go over the time allowed it is more. I am not sure but its either 1.5% or 2.5%. Obviously if you own your property it wont be necessary.

debdebs

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Woody

Need to go to Lefkosa in a couple of weeks time to pick up residency. Is it the immigration office and can you give me some directions.

Thanks

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Whistler

I own my apt and I live here, so thats one thing I don't have to do, but I am waiting for Woody to reply as to whether I have to get 3 signatures on the Muhta paper, as the first couple of years you only needed one, then last year it was changed (whats new)

Smithy

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Sorry woody did you have to get 2 more passport photo,s done, or do they go with the one taken at the police station.

Smithy

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Muhtar's letter requires muhtar's signature plus 2 others - the muhtar should be able to direct you to the other signatories. For renewal you do not need to produce any photos and they didn't want to take our photos either - did our 4th renewal last week.

Directions to Immigration Office: http://trncvillaowners.phpbb3now.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=482

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 16:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Aiylin

Thanks for that, this will be my fourth time, and each year it differs I will start mine again next week, I thought after the fifth time you become a Resident, but I understand now that the time limit has gone up plus there is a charge of around £1,000 but who knows if this is correct as I don't think even the government are quite sure, so I will just carry on doing it each year, Thanks again every bit of info helps.

Smithy

joandjelly

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

This three signatures thing is this new because we renewed our residency in July and our Muhtar letter only has two signatures on it (the guy who filled the form in for the Muhtar and the Muhtar). Our Muhtar (Karsiyaka) also provided the stamps himself and we didn't pay anything for the service.

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Kelly

The three signatures are a new one, well as I said I found out each time I went back to the Police Stn and they sent me away like a little school child, now I'm ready for them, also my Muhta sullpies the stamps but charges me the going rate of 10ytl each not bad for a stamp (any jobs going)

Smithy

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

We provided the Muhtar with the stamps - 1.1ytl per form (we weren't charged anything else) and then trekked around the village(Esentepe) for the other signatures, only took 20 minutes.

We were sure that we had all our documents, original and copies, when we went to the police station but hit a stumbling block when they wouldn't accept our 'stamped' contract. I showed them our receipt showing that we had paid our tax but then discovered that the tax office hadn't stamped the document properly. We had to go to the tax office, queue up and thankfully were seen by someone who knew what they were doing. She cursed the previous person (so did we) for not stamping it properly, put the proper round stamp on the contract and the photocopy. What a palaver - every year it's the same, there is always something to catch you out. I saw a friend at the police station and she was sent away to get extra signatures on the muhtar's letter.

smithy

Message Posted:
17/09/2008 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Aylin

probably that friend of yours was my double, as I'm usually the one that goes back and forth twenty times, but what annoys you is when you go to the Muhta he should have told me, that this is where you go and get the next signature and so on, not let you look and feel like a fool at the police station, probably by the time I go at the end of the month everything will have changed and I will be back on the forum telling you all whats changed, watch this space ha ha

smithy

smithy

Message Posted:
18/09/2008 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Aylin

Thanks to you all, we now know the latest paperwork etc to renew our Residency and your map to the Immigration office is spot on Aylin many thanks again.

Sheila

smithy

Message Posted:
24/10/2008 15:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Aylin

I don't need an in and out form for renewing the Residency do I, can't remember why I had to get it last time, I think dementia is setting in fast ha ha

Thanks

Smithy

smithy

Message Posted:
02/11/2009 14:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Waited for 4 weeks to the day, and guess what its not ready at Lefkosa girl in the Driving School is chasing up Girne Police Station, they lost it last year, I thought 4 weeks would have been long enough, now having to wait until tomorrow to see if its still at Girne, some people have no problems me it seems each year they either lose it or theres a problem

mamachina

Message Posted:
02/11/2009 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Our stamped contract is at the solicitors, took receipts last Jan and was ok. does it mean I have to go and get the one in solictors hands copied now or can I risk it??? Also who are the 3 people who have to sign the Mukhtars letter?????

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
02/11/2009 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Mamachina

Best to go to the Police Station and ask re stamped contract. Ask the Muhtar who the other signatories are, he should be able to direct you. In Esentepe, there are 2 additional signatories but elsewhere it may be different and it all seems to depend on the mood of the particular Policeman you see on the day as to how many signatures you need and indeed what documentation you require.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.