North Cyprus Tourist Board - poisoning warning - ozankoy !!!!!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > poisoning warning - ozankoy !!!!!

poisoning warning - ozankoy !!!!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

petcross

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

BEWARE. Poıson has been laıd ın Ozankoy near to Tropıcana Holıday Complex - sadly the dog dıd not survıve ..........

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

We have just chased a huskey with a colar on out of our drive and it ran towards the Tropicana. There are dog owners out there who have no concern for their wandering dogs. We have been blighted recently by a pack of colar wearing dogs ripping open rubbish sacks here. Please keep your animals secure and safe.

waddo

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 16:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Mr Vince,

Got the same problem with four or five roaming the streets and chasing the cars up past the riding stables, not big noisy dogs just a random pack of dogs with collars. Have even seen the odd person walking them at the weekend but never had the opportunity to talk to them - YET! Seems that they just don't care what happens to the dogs at times - sad.

Meerkat

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Thank you for that really important info will let dog owners know.

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Have KAR started to release dogs with a colar on them now in place of the old ear tag system?

swyflot

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Re msg 5 NO !!!!

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

No thanks to the dog owners who let their animals run wild. You are significantly responsible for my inability to walk my dogs off lead "Chaperoned" twice a day on the same trail. I will not have sympathy for you should you be "poisoned" with botulism or salmonella and shit your rectum out. Cheers!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Mr Vince

Released street dogs from KAR will always have an ear tag with a unique number, whether it has a collar is immaterial. If it arrives at KAR with a collar then it will be returned back to where it was picked up from with the same collar plus one bright and shiny numbered ear tag.

Mr Vince

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Message 7

Glad to read that you are still full of the Christmas Spirit....Peace and Goodwill to all. Wh not ask Santa for a dog lead so you can keep yours safe and under control....and while you are about it make sure that you take your dog's crap home with you...something that's difficult if you let your dogs off their lead to run and roam.

Message 8

KAR do in fact dump dogs after neutering in areas away from where they were lifted. A favoured place is anywhere with a large expat comunity that might just help to feed them. Behind Bells Foods is a favoured spot. Starve the dog for a day before release then tip a can of dog food on the ground ;- open the cage to let dog out then drive away fast.

The question regarding the colar was quite simple. We have now had a rise in the number of roaming dogs and all of them are wearing a red collar. They make a lovely mess of the road when they rip open dustbins and venture into gardens and leave little presents.

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

msg 9 I do in fact pick up my dogs' poop. And the two dogs poisoned in Catalkoy were on leads. I'm guessing you're one of the irresponsible then?

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 18:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Furthermore...Christmas spirit? Why assume I celebrate that holiday? My dogs are chaperoned off lead, listen to me on our walks, I pick up there poop and we go home. The Shepard and I walk along the same path at different times of the day. We've learnt how our animals can coexist. Now I have to fear for their lives. Why? Because people let their dogs roam ALL DAY LONG as they please with no regard for anybody else on this island. Am I bitter, does that annoy me? It sure as hell does. All the griping done on this board about the government etc..this particular problem that has affected my lifestyle has alot to do with the expat community. I have just as much right to voice my opinion as you do. I am disgusted and annoyed and I have every right to voice my frustration with this situation. I have acquaintances who let their dogs run who have admitted to dead lambs in their gardens as trophies. We have our compatriots to blame for this mess. I'm bloody sick of it.

blade

Message Posted:
07/02/2011 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

If you take a dog on it is your duty to train and keep control of it!

Hamish

Message Posted:
09/02/2011 11:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

KAR have received reports of more (3 seperate cases) possible poisonings in the area around Club Tropicana. The latest (a much loved family pet that had recently escaped his garden) was in the area by the road up to Tropicana - on a new construction site. Sadly none of the dogs survived.

PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.