North Cyprus Tourist Board - Football: Woy finds a new home in Sandwell
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Football: Woy finds a new home in Sandwell

Football: Woy finds a new home in Sandwell

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

wanderer

Message Posted:
11/02/2011 12:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

West Bromwich Albion have appointed Roy Hodgson as the club’s new head coach.

The 63-year-old former Inter Milan, Switzerland, Fulham and Liverpool boss – who was voted the 2010 manager of the year by the League Managers’ Association – has signed a deal until June 2012.

A statement on the club website said: “Michael Appleton, who was appointed caretaker head coach on Sunday after Roberto Di Matteo was relieved of his duties, will remain in charge for the West Ham game.

“The club are now channelling all of their efforts into supporting Appleton, his assistants Keith Downing and Dean Kiely and the players as they prepare for tomorrow’s vital game.”

Ex-Hawthorns captain Derek McInnes and former Newcastle boss Chris Hughton had also been tipped to take the Baggies hotseat.

Read more: http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2011/02/11/west-brom-appoint-roy-hodgson/#ixzz1De7sluga

Tangerineman

Message Posted:
11/02/2011 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Good

That can only help the rest of us trying to avoid the drop

wanderer

Message Posted:
11/02/2011 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

April 2nd When kenny meets Woy@ the Hawthorns

harita

Message Posted:
11/02/2011 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

wanderer .. You missed out Blackburn Rovers .. Not a lot of people know that ..

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 21:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

West Brom are down then, gives the mighty seasider's more chance of staying up

dave12

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 13:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

After being present at yesterdays derby I dont think any of the other teams have anything to worry about!! MOTD was only on for 30 minutes but they managed to fill it with interviews and discussion bceause there was very little to show. Wolves had just two attempts at goal but had more passion and workrate. Baggies had more chances but looked a shadow of the team from earlier in the season. I think its going to be a long season. Am just hoping the baggies will end up being the 4th worst team in the premier.

wanderer

Message Posted:
21/02/2011 17:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

dave12

I sat in the Style watching enjoying a nice pint and a full English

A usual derby result on a spill or a miss kick or a sending off the decider

Woy looked bemused will he turn it round the next four matches don't look promising for you getting points

Tony Pullis was seen in the crowd deciding which shirts to put out next Saturday's pitch no Stoke players required against you when was the last time you beat Stoke

The second away match is your best hope of points at St Andrews

as they will be jubilant /deflated (delete as applicable)

Then the Liverpool home match premiership record Liverpool 22 WBA 0 with all the points going to Liverpool

Followed by Arsenal at home nil points

not much hope

As for Wolves we are running out of top teams to play 12 of the 25 points come from top 4 sides that's the problem )

dave12

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 12:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

wanderer

I remember back in 90s seeing us beat stoke 6-0 at home. Since then i believe we have had a 1-0 win and one or two draws. I am an exiled fan and have to choose my games... and i have even got to the point where i dont even bother thinking of going to see us play stoke.

Hodgson will try to tighten things up so the days of flowing football are over for the moment.But dont know how he will sort out the weakness of the defence.

Its so tight in the lower half that anything is possible.

And just when everyone is saying blackpool are running out of steam they beat spurs!! Noone told them the script?

That chance wolves missed in the second half could have made a big difference to both our seasons.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.