North Cyprus Tourist Board - Anadolujet - has anyone else had any problems?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Anadolujet - has anyone else had any problems?

Anadolujet - has anyone else had any problems?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Jayne62

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 16 in Discussion

We have booked via Turkish Airlines for a flight in September, from Stansted to Ercan, only to find out that the flights have been cancelled, they as yet have not let us know, we have found this out from a third party, the flights they are now offering are completely different times, and from what we can understand we would have to fly to two different airports in Turkey before reaching Ercan. This is the second time this company have changed our flights, the first time was in December. Has anyone else had problems with this airline, and if so what happened, and do you think we could get a refund. We booked direct on the internet.

wanderer

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 16 in Discussion

Under sale of goods act yea ask for a refund phone TA quoting your flight and ask for the money back

look on moneysavingexpert .com for details of your rights

Lilli

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 16 in Discussion

jeaz and they expect a million tourists this year. With this treatment I dont think so.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 16 in Discussion

Unfortunately this airline is renowned for cancelling/altering their scheduled flights if they have not reached the capacity that would make the flight financially viable. Our travel agent will only use them as a last resort.

TheScarlets

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 16 in Discussion

Jayne, we had similar problems for our flights in April and July. They wanted us to fly from Stansted and return to Heathrow or have an overnight changeover in Istanbul

I phoned up and we are now flying from Heathrow for the two flights

Call them, they were fair with me

Ian

TinLondon

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 21:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 16 in Discussion

My dad also booked flights via Turkish Airlines last December, flying from LHR to IST, after paying his fare and a week before his departure he received a phone call from TA informing him that they have moved him on to a AnadoluJet flight from a different airport (STN) at a different time and provided him with a new booking reference.

I've always found that shouting works best with Turkish companies, so I took his details and called TA's London office, the machine like woman at the other end told me that it was for operational reasons but was unable to give me an exact reason for the change of flight times and departing airport. After insisting for almost 20 minutes and a few insults later, she finally agreed to re-book my dad back on his original flight! What annoyed me the most was the fact that TA expect the customer to be inconvenienced more than themselves, Just remember at the end of any decision they make is an idiot, you just don't need to be a bigger to accept it!

Jayne62

Message Posted:
13/02/2011 22:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 16 in Discussion

thanks everyone for taking the time to respond , whatever happens this will be the last time i book with turkish airlines.

lesshaw42

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 16 in Discussion

its a lot easier going to larnaca with easy jet then car to the north,it took my girlfriends parents 4 hours in total and didnt have to change flights....

wanderer

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 01:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 16 in Discussion

Lessshaw42 bet it took 8 hours coming back (look @the time zone)

TA have been fine from BHX and Ercan is in and out in 15 mins including buying duty free

TinLondon

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 02:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 16 in Discussion

I agree Lesshaw42. Some people just like doing things the long way round, because it's definitely not cheaper! Just been checking Pegasus flights for 22 July-07 August and they're quoting prices like £696 each (doesn't include on board meal / drink and only 20Kg luggage)!!! I thought the extra time was for stopping over in Turkey but at these prices it looks like they fly via Los Angeles! Just booked LHR to LCA with BA for £330, good times, with meals and 23Kgs.

Earlybird

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 06:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 16 in Discussion

Perahps the new 'North Cyprus Airlines' will be what we have all been waiting for!! - When are they going to get their act together and fly some planes I wonder?

MajorieDawes

Message Posted:
14/02/2011 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 16 in Discussion

Had a booking for the may half term for Anadolujet from Stansted that had already had two lots of schedule changes. Just made a casual check last week of the booking to notice that it's been changed again to go Stansted-Ankara-Istanbul-Ercan. What a joke! Emailed for a full refund which has been done, but had no email confirming so.

I've sung the praises of Turkish in the past, but this is an absolute farce. Seems that they are driven by announcing how many destinations they fly to, and change desitnations at a whim to achieve this, irrespective of the consequences to booked travellers. "Hey, we fly from London to Ankara now!" Whoopee.

caulkhead

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 14:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 16 in Discussion

Warning - if you have a booking with Anodolu Jet, I suggest you check you spam box. I have just found an email from them saying my flights had changed in with the spam!

Also when I finally got hold of THY they were intending to send me on a two day trip via both Ankara and Istanbul! With persistence I am now booked on 'real THY' civilised flights from and to Heathrow. I have always been very happy with THY but have never tried flying with their Anodolu outfit before and will not now be doing so in the future.

Brinsley

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 16 in Discussion

Msg 12

Anyone who thinks Stansted is London needs to go to Specsavers and the PR people who came up with 'Stansted-London' need to be shot!

Richard

TinLondon

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 16 in Discussion

It happens all over the world.... book a flight to New York and you'll probably fly in to Newark in New Jersey (not even in the same State), it goes for all the others too.. London Luton (Bedfordshire) London Gatwick (West Sussex) etc etc

Colliedog

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 16 in Discussion

Jane62

Your flight with TA will still take you to Ercan. They will inform you of the change in schedule, perhaps a change in the time also and give you alternative flights on the same day. Which has just happened to us, (Not the first time.)

So we still fly the same day nearly the same time from the same airport (Stanstead) but we now change in Ankara insead of Istanbul, so no problem as the transit times are nearly the same. They do sort things out as it has happened 5 times over the last 2 years. Which has not been a problem.

Plenty of leg room and the food OK. Luggage hasn't been a problem it arrives with us at Ercan.

Once you contact TA and make the new arrangements, you just pick up your new tickets at the TA office at Stanstead. 2Hrs before your fight.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.