North Cyprus Tourist Board - Water heater problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Water heater problem

Water heater problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

walkersav

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 09:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Anyone know of a RELIABLE person who could sort out my water heater - that Tony who fitted it - won't. Problem is sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So frustrating.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Hello walkersav, is it one of the instant gas types, If so how old is it , and what are the symptons, may be able to help, we have problems with ours since day 1,

They do seem to be very touch and go, and a lot of it seems to be down to getting the right settings, problem is that you set it, then the gas level alters, and the water temperature coming in alters slightly and it seems to affect the system again.

elko2

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

My sister phoned me from Lefka last week and asked me if I knew someone who could fix their new instant hot water system that works on bottled gas. Apparently it gives out hot and cold water erratically. I told her to report it back to where she bought it. Apparently she bought it through a friend with no service. Serves her right. I reminded her that she should buy a service instead of a product i.e. she should enquire who gives a decent service before buying anything, not necessarily the cheapest. Will they ever learn???

ismet

PS: three question marks for emphasis before our friend points out my mistake

SureHome

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 10:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

you can call Sure Home Services

0533 821 73 87

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

"......she bought it through a friend with no service......."

The old Cypriot (and others) story - buying from a best friend instead of from the best supplier/installer.

It seems that nearly all Turkish Cypriots are related to each other, however remotely, and there is often a family obligation to spend money with a relative rather than a stranger, whether it's a good idea or not.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

if its an element problem il help you but if its a gas one sorry. 05338384636

walkersav

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Johnnylee,

Couldn't reply earlier....power cut.

It's a Hotspot heater. Sometimes it works and sometimes I have to switch it on manually. Bit of a pain as it's in the roof space on my roof terrace so often getting wet at the moment. Have tried fiddling with the settings but without much success. Also clean the filters on all the taps regularly, similarly the shower head. Never quite sure if it has switched on so end up going to have a look.

It's new.... only fitted November last year.

Any pointers would be grateful.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Hello walkersav, we also had the powercut. Ours is a Omeko, what I dont understand is that we had a similar type of instantaneous water heater in our Staic Caravan, and it worked so well, but of course it was a much shorter run of pipe, and it was mains pressure, not a pumped supply.

These are the things I have done to try to improve ours, ours is also in apretty awkward place, and its not much fun in winter running starkers from the shower to try and rectify it.

I find that ours works better with a 15 kg, or larger botle than a10kg, seems to be more stable, also what regulator are you using on the gas bottle, also make sure no air in gas pipe.

Does yours have 3 controls, Gas, Summer/winter , and water pressure, at this time of year the water coming in is cold, Trial and error, you need someone testing the water as you adjust,

Try gas flame almost max, and water alomost lowest setting, but adjust carefully and slowly, feel free to call me 0533 843 6539.

walkersav

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 13:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Hi Johnny

Thanks for that will give that a go.

Cheers

You might get a call from me yet !!

denizen

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Check the batteries that are used for the ignition. If they're wet or corroded they could be the problem.

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Walkersav, my friend very kindly telephoned me and he has fitted several of these, He said please note they are very much affected by wind and drafts,

He did suggest to me that you could cut a piece of plywood or simialr for the bottom of the boiler around where the pipes enter, and maybe seal around the edges.

However very often when these are fitted outside, they do use a seperate metal cover, in actual fact a metal cupboard.

Good Luck, Don't worry it will soon be summer,and you will be longing for that icy cold shower.

racoonchic

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

another good investment in north cyprus. who is the bloke that fitted this and why wont he come back. is it one of the ones from inspiational bathrooms by any chance

JohhnyLee

Message Posted:
15/02/2011 22:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

walkersav, sorry also meant say have you got filters on the cold supply in and the hot supply out, if not you need them, and if you have got them check they are clear.

BognorBelle

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 06:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

We have the same sort of heater, played up a lot, then fine . What advice you have been given is good, but after checking the batteries/contacts look at the regulater. Take it off the bottle and switch it on and of a few times.It seems to get stuck! In my case this helped for a period of time, But in the end the main problem was the gas solenoid, which I changed, both interconnected by the same piece of hose. Good luck

walkersav

Message Posted:
16/02/2011 09:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Hi racoonchic (great name by the way).

I actually posted all of his details on here a couple of weeks ago in the hope that he would be stirred into action but alas no. As I said at the time the really disappointing thing is that he's a Brit and we also got his details from Cyprus 44.

For those of you who missed it last time his name is Tony (or Rollinbones) and sadly his after sales service is abysmal.

Thanks again to all of the other contributors. Johnnylee I've made a note of your number in case I get stuck and thanks for the advice.

Stuart

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.