North Cyprus Tourist Board - Poisoned dogs...has anyone else see poison mixed with animal fat?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Poisoned dogs...has anyone else see poison mixed with animal fat?

Poisoned dogs...has anyone else see poison mixed with animal fat?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

frankedad

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 15:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Have just been walking up above Bellapais, as last time I went I found a bag of poisoned meat, I took lots of spare bags and rubber gloves. I have come across what I think is poison, has anyone seen the same, it is wrapped in tin foil some ripped open some not, it is like a really smelly animal fat, I found it in two places far apart from each other. Unfortunately near to the 2nd lot I found two dead dogs, so I am presuming they had eaten this. I have picked it all up brought it home and have disposed of it. Does anyone know if this is a common way of laying poison. Again all my dogs were muzzled but was a little bit worried as it is possible for them to maybe give it a little lick through the basket. They are all fine. Not sure I want to go up there again for a while. I might actually go up their driving and collecting all the rubbish that the hunters leave so that there are not so many bags around, so I don't have to keep shouting at dogs to get their noses out.

Lilli

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

bernie report it to the police. this is just happening all too often x

wincler

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Has anyone thought it may be the local belediyere that is putting this poison around the area?

I notice there was a cull yesterday so they obviously have an interest in keeping the animal population down!!

If this is the case then will the police be interested as they may know what is going on?

Just my view, however these poisoning incidents seem to happen a little too frequent to be random poisoning.

Lets hope it stops.

frankedad

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 18:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

There is a herd of goats up there, so I am presuming it is the farmer. I don't think the Belediyesi would be bothering to lay it all the way up there. I am going back up tomorrow to clean up all the hunters rubbish and to photograph the two dead dogs and fox, then send it all to the paper or try and send it to an environmental group, I now feel I have to do something, even if no one is that bothered.

Maz

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 20:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Do investigate further Frankedad. I remember reading some years back that the huge poisoning that went on in Malatya where poisoned liver had been spread over a 2kms distance was reported. Willy of the dog kennels had the substance analised and there was definitely an illegal poison in the meat. Poison that is banned here but brought in from Turkey! About that time KAR took a petition to the Government asking for controls on the availability and sale of poisons, but nothing has happened - possibly because the government has so many other problems.

But please do take photos and get all the evidence you can and then let the papers have it, but also let KAR have it, as they do try to bring all these things to the attention of the government.

I admire you for your social concerns. Pity more people are not that way inclined.

bazzagirl

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

If any one ever poisened my dog i would have to hunt them down and force them to eat some of what they gave to the dog, to me its murder, i i always believe what goes around MUST come around, thank god i dont still live out there!!!!

Maz

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Tlrouble is, bazzagirl, that the cu,lprits never, never, never seem to be found, so they cannot be given a dose of their own poison. And sadly, it does not always come around. But please spare a thought for those who do still live out here and are trying their dam ndest to find culprits and get them punished.

Maybe we should have some good TV cameras in cyberspace to pick up the offenders. Pictorial evidence, that is what is wanted.

Lilli

Message Posted:
17/02/2011 23:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Maz after having two die this way i wold agree with Bazz, I would force feed them. As you say without proof we live in fear x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.