North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can a "turkish" car go to the greek side??
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can a "turkish" car go to the greek side??

Can a "turkish" car go to the greek side??

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Susi77

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Please help me out...my husband is turkish and not allowed to go to the "other" side...can I take the car over there??

batgirl

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 11:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

if it has a trnc reg on it yes

YFred

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 11:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Only if it has Greek Petrol in it and understands the Greek traffic lights system.

andrew4232

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 11:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

has the car got turkish plates on it ? if so i think you have to get a carnet for the EU ie insurance (yellow card i think) before leaving turkey, when i brought mine across a couple years ago i was asked if i would be going to greek side or just staying this side but things my have changed now !

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

it is a long way from TRNC to Greece

Maz

Message Posted:
25/02/2011 23:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Is the car Turkish or TRNC registered? If TRNC registered, one may assume it can go over with all the proper papers - Greek MOT (available until 2p.m. I think), INSURANCE (booths open all day), BUT WHAT IS YOUR LICENCE? trnc OR eUROPEAN. There has been some discussion elsewhere as to who may cross with a TRNC driving licence. If you havea European licence, no prob, but if you have only a TRNC then take a chance and see what happens.

stujane

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 07:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I have a friend who a turk and his wife is english. As he is married to an eu citizen he can freely cross into the south. They have to take their marraige certificate with them. I do not think the greeks are happy at letting him cross but he now travels freely in the south

stujane

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 08:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Also I taxed or mot and insured the car on Friday for the south with no problems at all. All she asked was is the car here. I used my english driving licence

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 12:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Re msg 7

What have the Greek immigration service got to do with that of the 'rump' RoC ? .. They are Cypriots.. not 'Greek' - please don't 'encourage' 'em ... !!

IF you -as the EU Citizen is a CYPRIOT passport holder the 'rump' RoC CAN insist the Turkish national has a Visa and enters via a recognised port of entry - not the green line.

IF the EU Citizen is a passport holder of any other EU nation then the 'rump' RoC are being VERY accommodating and complying with this Directive 2004/38/EC .. I had a HUGE legal battle with 'em over this..

Example: A UK National can't marry a Turk ( or in my case Russian) and automatically demand entry to the UK - They require a VISA.. Their spouses can only freely enter other EU nations if they reside in a third EU nation and have proof of residency in that EU nation

So the 'rump' RoC ! are being VERY accommodating and you should actually thank them

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.