North Cyprus Tourist Board - Can you buy a van for private use in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Can you buy a van for private use in TRNC

Can you buy a van for private use in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

scootex

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 11:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

The answer is yes but is subject to you having a letter from the tax office .Basically the motor vehicle tax and registration dept want to know if you are using the van for business so if you want a van for your hobby for instance to take your dogs to the beach or up to the mountains or if you do boating or scuba diving or just scavenging for fire wood the tax (inland revenue ) should give you a letter that its OK with them and you can then register it in your name .I've register two vans without a problem

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Double cab pick up trucks are being used widely for private porpuses because it is possible.However,I thought you had a bussiness!

ozankoys

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

We had a lot of difficulty in registering our truck in a private name, we were told that you could get a letter from Inland Revenue to say you were retired but we were unable to obtain one.

It took several visits by different people who all tried on our behalf but in the end my husband went himself they kept sending him here there everywhere back & forth in the end he thinks they felt sorry for him & did the transfer!

ozankoys

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 15:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Another point to be aware of is that we found out after purchase having been assured that all taxes had been paid that there was more than 2000 gbp VAT owing which we had to pay.

When querying it with the vendor he charmingly said 'I have relations in the police force, you have to transfer it into your name otherwise I can come & take it back'.

To be honest you would be better of not buying a commercial vehicle it is a lot of hassle!

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 18:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

ozankoys,

"To be honest you would be better of not buying a commercial vehicle it is a lot of hassle!"

That'd depend on ones intention of what one'd do with it,wouldn't it?

scootex

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I did it in my own name not the company name and had no hassle at all the revenue hand wrote a letter for me and I went back to the vehicle registration dept Job done but in fairness I did have my Turkish freind with me but the inland revenue guy spoke english anyway

scootex

Message Posted:
26/02/2011 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Don't know about the vat never had that problem sounds to me like you were stitched up

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.