North Cyprus Tourist Board - internet in north cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > internet in north cyprus

internet in north cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

lilaclady

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 00:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

can anyone tell me if dongles are cheap to buy and use in trnc

Groucho

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 07:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Not cheap to use that's for sure... but it depends on the amount of use you expect to make of it.

If you only want to do a bit of emailing and surfing then it's a good bet as you don't need the kit and connection to the wireless systems here... making use of the 3G network which by all accounts is a good performer as long as your main place of residence is in the 3G network's range.

Also you can suspend use while you are away thus avoiding one of the pitfalls of the main wireless providers for those who have a holiday home here... namely that you have to pay year-round for a service you don't use for large parts of the time.

However if you want to do loads of downloading then it becomes an expensive option.

Washerman

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Hi Groucho,

Don't forget - if you arrange your internet connection through us, not only does it not cost any extra, but you can suspend your account at times when you are not in the TRNC ( you can spread it out over 2 years on a one year contract )

AND as you know, you also benefit from the (extra) level of excellent customer service that you get from Gwyn (as a bonus) - telephone 0533 869 4371 for full details and prices - we are open for business today (as usual)and taking calls

Markyboy

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 09:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Not sure on the price of a dongle new but I purchased one second hand for 100TL (about £40) 30 Day subscription for 2GB is 40TL and is enough for browsing, skyping home etc. If you have teenagers, 4GB may be better at 60TL.

As Groucho says, it is the best way to go if you only visit 2 or 3 times a year. I top mine up when I arrive either in Girne or the Lemar in Karakum.

I also believe you have to have a TRNC Mobile phone to do this, but again, just buy a sim card for 25TL Pay as you go for a sim free phone and top up every time you go

dippersgirl

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 11:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

last March I bought a GEZZ dongle for TL270 with 4 GB use per month which costs TL60 per month from Turkcell. It works really well in Dipkarpaz, but 4GB is really quite a lot, I don't use it all. If you don't download much, 1GB is quite enough. Apparently Telsim do this.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.