North Cyprus Tourist Board - ?Is Anthony Davy STILL in Lefkosa Prison?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > ?Is Anthony Davy STILL in Lefkosa Prison?

?Is Anthony Davy STILL in Lefkosa Prison?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Nicosia Cyprus

suehowlittle

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 19:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

I am not reading anything at all about this poor man - was he set free from prison after his shocking ordeal, the accident alone must have been shocking for him without being locked up.

Is he still in the country?

Does anyone know?

Does anyone out there care?

Does he need help from any of us?

There but for the grace of God go any one of us.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Everyone cares but Pauline has been told in no uncertain terms to back off. Also no mention in Cyprus Today.

He is still in prison and although I do know what is happening, cannot discuss it. Tony is being fed the line that we are all harming him. Since when did caring harm anyone.. Silence is what the TRNC WANT and silence is what they have got.

See facebook campaign Free Anthony Davey.

Lilli

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Silence is golden, I guess people are helping behind the scenes. Funnily enough we had a customer in today who knows him , he led me to beleive he is holding up x

Maz

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Thought he might still be in prison as I assume he has not been to VCourt because of the Strikes. Guess they won'[t let him oiut before that.

Also I have been told that he could be at risk from the families of the deceased lads. Not that it is us form whom he needs protecting.

Wish Polly Marples could let on a bit, evne if personally, as some of us are veryworried about the man.

philbailey

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Has he been charged

Groucho

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

It is my understanding that he has not and so the case is not sub-judice. Therefore his legal team should have applied for a writ of habeas corpus to get him released. It would seem that his legal team are out of their depth.

Quarmby

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

What the hell is going on in the TRNC? Anything to do with the courts or past court proceedings everyone clams up or are being threatened by the authorities. Why are they afraid of open discussion, beginning to be like non democratic middle eastern regime.

philbailey

Message Posted:
27/02/2011 22:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Msg 2 when you google his name an article comes up saying tourists beware

maybe the authorities found this article written by Pauline ? unhelpfull

pollymarples

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

It is not the authorities who have asked Pauline not to write, it is Anthony and his friends who believe

we were harming his case. The case will be decided on the evidence and since none of us are privy to that The aim of the facebook campaign was to help to get Tony released

from prison to await his trial. It is only right and proper that the circumstances of such a tragic accident is investigated thoroughly and if charges are brought then a fair trial take place. The parents are entitled to know how and why their children died, they need closure too.

I can say that Anthony is not being treated differently to any other prisoner, it is reported that some of the food taken in gets to him. He is in reasonable health, and spirits. There is heating.

FOr more detaill go to the facebook campaign page where a visitor gives more detail.

Pauline does not write the headlines, but does not feel the one the editor wrote was unfair, it could happen to any of us tourists too.

malsancak

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 07:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

philbailey, IF there was a possibility that as a tourist in north Cyprus you could find yourself in prison without charge for several months then perhaps someone should warn you.

Groucho

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 07:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Is this because his legal advisers are running scared?

I believe they are seriously out of their depth - I'm given to understand that they uttered not one word at Anthony's court appearance to the effect that either he should be released pending trial or at least charged with something. He can't be a flight risk if they confiscate his passport. He hardly has contacts in the criminal underworld... He is being punished by default which is totally wrong.

I also understand it is his legal advisers who have told him to get the reporting stopped. But he hasn't been charged with anything.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 08:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Groucho, I am in contact with someone who has spoken to Tony on the phone and he is obviously being told that what we are doing via the facebook and C44 and NCFP is harmful . This of course is nonsense since we have all backed off about the accident and have concentrated in trying to get him freed on bail. No one is commenting on his innocence or guilt, just trying to obtain what they would give him if he had the surety to meet the bail requirements, which I think we all agree is harsh, although we are assured that the other driver was able to meet these bail conditions. His words ' he just wants to get out of this shithole'. The same person

spoke to his Advocate but I am not at litberty to tell you that information, Are you aware that this is his second Advocate? He is too old and too frail to be in prison.

Groucho

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 08:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

That's what makes me wonder about his lawyers...

I'm not arguing about the events of the accident right or wrong, I'm arguing that holding him in prison indefinitely without charge is in-human treatment and his lawyers ought, if they were up to the task, to be able to get him released... You don't need bail to the released if there are no charges. You don't imprison somebody pending charges you only do that pending trial.

Tenakoutou

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Ah, but the police [allegedly] claim that he is in custody for his own protection. Of course, it all sounds rather contradictory if they [allegedly] were demanding such a large sum for bail to free him!

Troodo

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

A lot of TC's are either leaving or not coming home because they are ashamed of this sort of thing and see no way forward. The TRNC fights against injustice only to perpetrate it themselves. How can they hold the moral high ground while they behave like this. To throw anyone in prison without charge is indefensible. To throw a guest of the country in prison without charge boarders on racism, and to threaten people who shout foul boarders on a police state - this is the sort of action we expect from the Greek side, how can we defend the TRNC against injustice when this sort of thing is allowed to happen?

Josie1

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 10:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

BTTT Please

pollymarples

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Groucho, unfortunately Anthony has been convinced we are harming him so we have no choice but to adhere to his wishes. If he changes his mind that is another story or three. We have alerted all the usual organisations who help in these cases, but now we are being kept in the dark.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 07:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

ANTHONY has now been charged and I would urge you all to go to the facebook Free Anthony Davy Campaign

to get the full details as posted by Pembe. I can assure you that Pembe has spoken to Tony and will visit him

on Saturday. She is a British Turkish Cypriot who works hard to make the 'lot' of prisoners in Lefkosa prison a little easier. She is a very caring human being.

I think it better that such posts come first hand.

pollymarples

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 08:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Go to facebook Free Anthony Davy for the full details

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.