North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet - UNLOCKED DONGLE FOR INTERNET USE
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet - UNLOCKED DONGLE FOR INTERNET USE

Internet - UNLOCKED DONGLE FOR INTERNET USE

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

Bufferington

Message Posted:
28/02/2011 21:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

I have heard it is possible to use a UK, unlocked dongle here in the TRNC - vodaphone was mentioned.

What are the advantages? Presumably they are cheaper in the UK and can be used anywhere if the appropriate SIM Card is inserted? Any others?

Do the usual providers out here offer SIM cards only? What do they cost? Then presumably you pay the usual monthly fee depending on the speed you want.

Finely where do you buy them in UK and is there a 'technical' description to be used?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
28/02/2011 22:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Advantage - you buy a prepay or contract data sim for the country where you are and (IF) unlocked you can use the device in that country.. then you go back to the UK ( change to UK based data sim) and it works there - no data roaming costs

DISADVANTAGE.. you have to know how to connect - each network is different - a tied data dongle and sim just work

http://tinyurl.com/6ad2ozb - a UK Amazon seller - looks like an unlocked 3 network sim.. I have one.. it works fine .. in Spain ( vodafone ES) and UK (3)

Stewart

Message Posted:
01/03/2011 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi....i unlocked my o2 dongle via the internet ( pay as you go )...2 min job..bought in the uk for £10 new now about £20.

http://www.o2.co.uk/broadband/mobile/findoutmore

in the past i have bought both Turkcell and Telsim sim cards with a week / month usage....both worked no problem.

If buying sim card for the first time, best take your laptop into Turckcell or Telsim...they will set it up for you...at no charge

simps

Bufferington

Message Posted:
01/03/2011 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Hi Simps, I've looked at your O2 sight but can't see anything about 'unlocking, Could you give me an idiots guide!!?

Also, i've only got a PC - is setting up the first SIM card 'difficult' ??

Bufferington

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.