North Cyprus Tourist Board - Any South Africans on the forum who reside in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Any South Africans on the forum who reside in North Cyprus

Any South Africans on the forum who reside in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

sures

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 18:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hi,

We are South Africans considering the move to North Cyprus and would like to get in touch with any South Africans who have already made that step.

Any information which can help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Zoots

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 19:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Howzit?

Having been in both places I know where I'd rather stay for a multitude of reasons! However, you must have your own reasons for leaving ZA.

Good luck.

Hoylemiller

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Sures, Ivé been resident in Durban since moving there from the UK in 1982. We've decided to re-locate to NC after spending some time there, loving the place, the people and very little crime. Bought in Alsancak.

Lilli

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

there are a few that reside not so far from you. IF YOU DO NOT MIND i will pass on your details x sorry my caps went on. xx

matula

Message Posted:
03/03/2011 09:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Sure, We lived in South Africa for 34 years (1966-2000) then moved back to UK. Have been here 4 years and still miss SA. If you decide to come here have a good look around and rent a property before thinking of purchasing. If you thought there were rip off merchants in SA--you ain't seen nothing to some of the things that go on here. The place itself is not too bad, very little crime, a relaxed way of life but not a lot of things to do social wise. Depends what you are looking for. We made the mistake of buying and have had our apartment on the market for over a year now as we would rather rent.

Garfield

Message Posted:
03/03/2011 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Sure,We lived in SA for 43 years and loved it up to a few years ago,when we did not have the same freedom of living, we came to N Cyprus for a holiday and liked it, came back a year later and stayed for two months in a self-catering place, gave us an Idea of what life would be like here, we went back to SA sold our property,and within a year we were here, (been here just over a yr) love NC and the people, living in a rented Villa by the Sea & Mountain, have no regrets about the move, it was a big move at our age. Depends what kind of life you want & why you want to move,weather good,relaxed way of living, no armed response/burglar bars/etc, etc, Miss my friends in SA but that is all!! most can't wait to come for a holiday. Hope this helps.

Good Luck

sures

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 16:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

hi,

Thanks for all the helpful feedback

Garfield, how did you find the immigration process from SA to NC?

matula

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

I have just been looking at your profile sures and find it a bit odd that you are listed as being in London and that you have an apartment for rental in Gulseren. How did you manage to purchase it if you have never been here? The plot thickens!

sures

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

hi matula,im a TC living in london,i let my 2 SA freinds use my profile for info on NC.hope this clears up the mistery.

matula

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 18:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for the explanation sures. Mystery solved.

pjnxi

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

hi sures. email vern. vernjones@telkomsa.net pjnxi

Struben

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Sures,

Also lived in What was Rhodesia for 12 years and then had a further 20 odd years in SA. Have no regrets about leaving. SA infrastructure a lot better than NC, we had fantastic Shopping Centres, but at the end of the day, we lived with unbelievable crime, which you will not find here, it surely must be the safest place in the World. Beautiful Mountains and wonderful Sea views from so many apartments and Villas. Should you decide to come, better to have a good look around and RENT first - property rentals are pretty reasonable. Winter is short pretty similar to Capetown, winter rains, BUT does get very very hot and humid in the Summer months. If you can afford Private Health Care, better to do so. Although Girne Hospital is pretty good for minor illnesses, being a TC, you at least have the benefit of speaking the language. There are definitely worse places to live in. My hubby is a SA and never ever wants to go back. There is no UTOPIA. Good luck.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.