North Cyprus Tourist Board - Travelling by car UK to North Cyprus via EU Countries route
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Travelling by car UK to North Cyprus via EU Countries route

Travelling by car UK to North Cyprus via EU Countries route

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Roley

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Making the trip in May 2011 via France,Italy,Greece,Turkey.Includes ferry from Brindisi (Italy) to Igoumenitsa(Greece) and ferry from Tasucu (Turkey) to Girne (TRNC).Travelling on UK Insurance and North Cyprus Insurance for TRNC and Turkey.Useing car for 1st year in TRNC and going to Turkey and back to TRNC for 2nd year,is this allowed?

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
02/03/2011 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Any person that spent 360 days in the last 2 years in TRNC is no longer a visitor.

Do your own calculations based on above and you can work out yourself weather you can come back or not.

Insurance;Get yourself a green card.Covers you all the way, exculuding TRNC.

Roley

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi Yorgozlu,I have been coming to Cyprus since 1956 and by my definition have ALWAYS considered myself a visitor.I love Cyprus and i visit NORTH CYPRUS more than once a year.Since ending my British Army Service in Cyprus i have never stayed continuosly more than 90 days and i am always law abiding.So as a law abiding visitor why should i not be allowed logically to leave and return with my car? So having done my calculations i cannot work it out as you suggest.Insurance: Thanks for your imput i will check it out.

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Apologies Roley,I assumed and it got me wrong.

I thought you had your own place here.

Roley

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 20:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Yorgozlu. Many thanks for your last message.Can anyone confirm that a visitor driving a car on UK plates can after 1 year leave TRNC by ferry to Turkey and then return the same way. With the same car UK correctly taxed and insured a short while later and would be allowed to drive on TRNC roads for a further year !!!! Roley

yorgozlu

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 20:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Roley;

Now,that I can confirm that you wont be able to do.

Regardless weather you have your own place or rent,by the end of 1 year you'd complete the required days for one to be classed as a temporary visitor,therefore you'd need to pay the duties for your car in order to be able to enter to TRNC again.

Remember the 360 day mark!

Roley

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Yorgozlu Much obliged for your prompt info.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.