North Cyprus Tourist Board - Registering the house on the land
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Registering the house on the land

Registering the house on the land

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Quarmby

Message Posted:
03/03/2011 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Who is actually responsible for registering a house on the land ? The owner or the builder?

pollymarples

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 07:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

It is a fact that most ex pats who have the Kocan, only have it on the land and the house is not on the Kocan

Who is responsible, good question, answer - no matter who is responsible, the owner will end up doing it.

dizzycows

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 12:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi Quarmby, we are in the process of trying to get our builder to put our house registered on the Kochan, I will update you with more when it is done, at the moment he is dragging his feet, we bought the villa and no problem getting the kochan, have paid for him to now get this final bit done regarding measuring etc!

Will also give a good or negative report on the company IF we receive this.....

Quarmby

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Dizzycows

I also have applied to have our house put on the land and did this in Oct 2009. I have someone interested in buying the property but quite rightly they want the house registered on the land.My lawyer has now gone to the builder and asked him to do the registration. Wait and see the outcome.

Quarmby

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 14:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Dizzycows

I also have applied to have our house put on the land and did this in Oct 2009. I have someone interested in buying the property but quite rightly they want the house registered on the land.My lawyer has now gone to the builder and asked him to do the registration. Wait and see the outcome.

erolz

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

pollymarples

my (british) mother bought a flat on a complex here in the TRNC, without even using a laywer, dealing just directly with the builder herself. She is now in posession of the kochan in here name for the indivdual flat and this was done by the builder, not her or anyone else. Yes it took some considerable time, to first get the kochan showing her as a part owner of the land on which the complex was placed and then to have the single kochan split into indivdual ones per flat but all this was done and done by the builder.

Certainly far too many people, mainly foreigners, have had serious issues with buying property in the TRNC, but it is also true that many have not had issues. As to your claim as to what is a fact or not, I have to wonder on what basis you make such black and white claims ? Have you actual done a survey of ex pats and their kochans or are you just presenting your own guess as fact ?

erolz

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 16:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

I should add she bought 'semi' off plan, that is the site was under construction at the time she signed the contract to purchase.

Enchanted

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Not sure who is actually responsible for registration, but here are a few things that have to be done first.

1. You need accurate drawings prepared of both the house & the land, showing the pool etc.

2. You need all the infrastructure in place - roads, pavements, drains, and well permits etc

3. You need a new wiring drawing for the house - it always seems to need to be redrawn at a cost of a few hundred pounds!

4. You need to apply for the 'final inspection' to the lands office. This can be 'fast track' using their contractor & costing about £500, taking about 2/3 months to complete. Or slow track using lands office staff, that could take years!

5. Finally you get the house registered on the kocan - the document looks the same, but 'arsa' (land), gets 'ev' (house) added. You then pay more tax...............

All this has been going on between us and our builders and solicitors, for about the last two years!! Our land is to be formally split at the same time........

Enchanted

Message Posted:
04/03/2011 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Not sure who is actually responsible for registration, but here are a few things that have to be done first.

1. You need accurate drawings prepared of both the house & the land, showing the pool etc.

2. You need all the infrastructure in place - roads, pavements, drains, and well permits etc

3. You need a new wiring drawing for the house - it always seems to need to be redrawn at a cost of a few hundred pounds!

4. You need to apply for the 'final inspection' to the lands office. This can be 'fast track' using their contractor & costing about £500, taking about 2/3 months to complete. Or slow track using lands office staff, that could take years!

5. Finally you get the house registered on the kocan - the document looks the same, but 'arsa' (land), gets 'ev' (house) added. You then pay more tax...............

All this has been going on between us and our builders and solicitors, for about the last two years!! Our land is to be formally split at the same time........

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.