North Cyprus Tourist Board - Successful cataract operation in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Successful cataract operation in North Cyprus

Successful cataract operation in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

kenge47

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

We would just like to put on record my wife’s experience of having a cataract operation here in TRNC. She suspected she had a cataract and, at end of January, went to see Dr Hatice in her new Eye Clinic (near the Bellapais traffic lights, opposite Pumps gym). She confirmed my wife’s suspicions and, to our utter amazement (being used to long delays in UK with NHS), said she could operate within a week. My wife had to have a blood test, at the Erduran clinic – where as a members of BRS we got a discount, the results had to be taken to a doctor in the private clinic, near Pia Bella hotel. With all these results being satisfactory, she was told she would be operated on 1st February.

We have heard through the inevitable grapevine here, that “things would probably go wrong”. From her experience, we have to say that everything went extremely smoothly and have no qualms at recommending Dr Hatice and her team.

Tatum1

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi

Can you please tell everyone what the cost was?

StGeorgeI

Message Posted:
07/03/2011 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

great to her positive feedback - what was the cost?

G

kenge47

Message Posted:
14/03/2011 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry for delay - but we only come to internet cafe once a week

We have spoken to Dr Hatice and she is happy for us to give you her contact details and the price

Phone 0392 815 97 51/52

Email eyeclinic@superonline.com

Price £800 + approx £100 for blood tests, doctor’s letter and eye drops.

This includes all follow up eye tests/checks etc

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
14/03/2011 10:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

There are more messages on this board about this doctor, who seems to be a real cataract-finder. I wonder if there is one of her patients she did NOT diagnose with "cataract".

I came to her clinic for a prescription of new reading glasses and - yes, of course - ended without the prescription but an advise to have a blood test first and a cataract operation.

I didn't trust her advise so went for a second opinion to another ophthalmologist who checked my eyes and only said that after 5 to 10 years I might have some small cataract problem - which would be quite normal for my age (now 67). Furthermore he gave me the prescription for reading glasses - 10 TL cheaper than the "cataract-doctor" wanted to charge me.

I only suggest that a second opinion in TRNC or the UK may save you a lot of money.

My ophthalmologist is on this map: GIRNE MAP MEDICAL:

▶ [ http://is.gd/hDAKc/Free_Map_of_Girne_medical ] Location: F-13. Click anywhere on the map and find all necessary info.

batgirl

Message Posted:
14/03/2011 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Thats a bit of an eye opener

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
14/03/2011 11:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

It may pay or better: it may save you money if you check more messages on this board - try without brackets [ ophthalmologist ] and [ eye clinic ] in the Google Search Window at the top of this page.

nostradamus

Message Posted:
14/03/2011 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

This doctor has been flogging cataract operations to almost everybody that crosses her path for years! I don't dispute her skill as an eye surgeon but I certainly dispute her medical ethics. If you go there and are told that you have cataracts, depart at high speed for a second opinion!

Whistler

Message Posted:
14/03/2011 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Had the same problem five years ago. Got two more opinions. One in the south and one in UK just to be sure.

Both came up negative re cataracts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.