North Cyprus Tourist Board - Renewal of Residence Permit in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Renewal of Residence Permit in North Cyprus

Renewal of Residence Permit in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

heyramu

Message Posted:
25/09/2008 11:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Hi All,

I am staying in North cyprus with my family (wife + 1kid) for the past one year. My employment visa is getting expired on October 13, for which i have applied for renewal. My wife has got dependent visa (residence permit).

the process has got delayed due to 1 week holiday due to Ramzan and i will get my passport around October 20th.

Now the biggest part is , i have booked the ticket to India on October 24th for me and my family.

Since, i will get my passport on time for my travel, i am concerned about my wife visa. As my company person says that since mine is renewed, we shouldnt have any problem for my wife to travel since her resident permit is expiring on October 13.

If i apply for renenwal it will take atleast coupel of weeks time to renew her.

Can someone give me a clear idea whether i will face any problem in customs during my travel for my wife.

Is there any other way to overcome this.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks & Regards

Ramu Ravi

heyramu@yahoo.com

fire starter

Message Posted:
25/09/2008 15:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

go down to immigration in lefkosa and explain it to them. i'm sure that then you will get the correct info.

we crossed to the south when our residency permits were still being renewed at the office but no stamps were showing in our passports. we explained at the crossing and they were fine with it.

slimboyfat

Message Posted:
25/09/2008 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

My experience with immigration is that they don't understand the rules, it's not so much a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hands doing but more a case of the right hand is blissfully unaware of the left hands existence.

My advice would be to go to an advocate and get advice from them, they are far more likely to know what is what than the immigration officials who if you ask two the same question you will likely get three different answers.

kimosh

Message Posted:
25/09/2008 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

nothing will happen you can leave the country no probs ...you may pay a fine of 20 ytl a day thats if they notice but as you have already applied and as there is a holiday ...im sure nothing will happen ..... really there isnt a problem here ...so dont worry ok

homebird

Message Posted:
02/10/2008 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

We are coming to northern cyprus soon and want to stay in our apartment between 4 to 6 months out of any year . We will be flying into Larnaca and then crossing into Northern Cyprus, as the permit we are given at the border allows us a 3month stay, does anyone know how we can stay another couple of months, do we simply go over to the south for a couple of days, or do we have to actually leave the country. Applying for temp. residency appears expensive, can anyone advise us how we can stay this length of time.

Thanks Anne

smithy

Message Posted:
02/10/2008 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Anne Just pop over to the South for the day, they will give you a stamp on your passport, some times its 3 months sometimes more, my Son had to do it while they were dragging their heels with his residency. You should be fine.

Smithy

homebird

Message Posted:
03/10/2008 00:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

thanks Smithy for that information, its what I was hoping to hear

Anne

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.