North Cyprus Tourist Board - Exchange North Cyprus - England in Summer
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Exchange North Cyprus - England in Summer

Exchange North Cyprus - England in Summer

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

iron_lady

Message Posted:
09/03/2011 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Hi to all

My name is Margaret and I’m 23 years old. I’m a student of GAU and studying Financial Management (master program). In Cyprus I live with my brother and his family; his daughters (my nieces) are 10 and 12. They study at school with English curricular, but half of the students r Cypriots, so the result of education isn’t bad, but we think not the same as it’ll be in English-speaking country.

In august of 2011 we (I and my nieces) are going to go to England for one month for practicing and improving our English. But we don’t want to stay in London or other cities; we would like to stay in a small town/village, so may be someone can give us advice where to go and stay. Moreover we can make a changing if someone who is going to have holidays in Northern Cyprus. My brother has a quite good house in a walking distance of the sea; about 300m (www.sweetwaterbay.co.uk ).

iron_lady

Message Posted:
09/03/2011 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

We don’t need big cities; sea; or high-tech conditions; we (I and my nieces) can share one room.

And in the end, we are usual Russian family and we are staying in North Cyprus for 2 years; we don’t eat raw meat, drink vodka, etc. Our neighbors are very nice English couple (they are retired); and I think they can give us good references; our main target is to talk in good English and we hope once English will be as good as our native. So we are looking for fair and reliable people.

Looking forward ur reply here or marines.soul@yahoo.com

Scythian

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Hi I-Lady

It's a good idea, try Scotland or Ireland. There are many good people, unlike in England.

paddywack

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Agree with msg 3 come to Ireland ,north or south to meet real people ask Lilli at Guidos.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Margaret. Here's the thing, no one is going to tell you that their UK property will be empty for two weeks and more importantly let someone they don't know occupy it.

I really think you ought to contact a letting agent in your chosen area.

Pogle

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Margaret

Take a look at: http://www.exchangeholidayhomes.com/ or one of the Home Swap agencies.

No1: Thousands of people every year enjoy successful home swaps - allowing people they don't know to stay in their homes and staying in theirs. Not everyones cup of tea but works for us.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Pogle. It works when you use a reputable agency - as you do. But surely not over the Internet letting someone you don't know occupy your home!

shrimp

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Sorry No 1, we have done it twice very successfully....once in Canada and once in Austria....we swopped our houses, cars and pets......great way to see the world and much cheaper than paying hotel bills.........would recommend....

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 23:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I'm amazed!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.