North Cyprus Tourist Board - Which 3G Dongle Telsim or Turkcell
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Which 3G Dongle Telsim or Turkcell

Which 3G Dongle Telsim or Turkcell

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

tighmonadh

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 18:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I am helping a friend who lives in Kayalar to set up her new netbook. She wants to use a dongle for internet access. Does anyone know which provider is best in Kayalar ie Telsim or Turkcell ? She tells me that the best 3g reception is Turkcell so presumably that is so for internet as well.

smudger7

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

You beat me to it I was looking for this to be answered. I have place in Dogankoy and need pay as you go dongle or wireless router for at least 10Mb/month when visiting and preferably one that does not loose credit inbetween visits.

Any advice appreciated.

Stewart

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Hi..i have used both...from my experiance try both...for a week / month.

my main use was in my villa in esentepe, turkcell had better coverage reception at my villa

both are very slow and require rebooting at peak times ie friday pm

I was using an unlocked dongle that worked with both sims ie a Huewell ( think is correct spelling )?...these can be unlocked via the internet at no cost, in about 2 mins. ie at an internet cafe or anywhere else you have net connection

Once unlocked, both turkcell and telsim will set up there sim cards in your dongle at no cost...just take a laptop into the shop with your unlocked dongle...and see the connection working before leaving., all at no extra cost...hope this helps

gmc1960

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 15:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

İ dont mean to hıjack your post but ıf ur ınterested ı have a turkcell 3g dongle for sale for 75tl

tel 0533 8825823

sorry agaın

Marion

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I have no probs with Telsim and have been happy with them from the beginning. Use it as a back up and for use out and about. Compared to U.K, it is expensive, but for 25tl a month I can use anywhere.

I pay mkonthly, but I think if you want 10gig, you get a better deal, but it costs more.

As to not losing out, I think you should buy by the month and that way you don't lose credit.

At the end of the day, it is personal preference and geographical coverage.

smudger7

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Thanks for the replies will check out in store but want pay as you go as only out intermittently as this is a holiday home. But when I am over need to keep in contact with work and have large e-mail folders.

tighmonadh

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 08:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Re Msgs 3 & 5

Thanks for the information. I am buying the dongle for sale on here (msg 4). I think I will then unlock it so we can try both providers here in Kayalar.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.