North Cyprus Tourist Board - UK Generic for medicine seemingly unavailable in TRNC or on Greek side
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > UK Generic for medicine seemingly unavailable in TRNC or on Greek side

UK Generic for medicine seemingly unavailable in TRNC or on Greek side

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 22:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Does anyone have medical knowledge of generic names for four tablets prescribed in Turkey for our friend's dad who has been in hospital for weeks there, but now home in TRNC. Our friend has tried to find these tablets for his dad on both sides of the Island, but can't find them. In his text, he has put:- 1 pack Merz 100 tabs, Sermoten tabs, Florinef 0.1mq tabs (don't understand the 0.1mq bit, does anyone else)? and lastly Pulcet 40( 28 tab. Any help identifying these would be great, thanks.

Lilli

Message Posted:
10/03/2011 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

MsGarnet if you email nurseawful Im sure she will find out for you. The name changes here. In the UK i was perscribed Crestor 10 mg , thats OK same here and south side. (cheaper south). Sinopryl 10mg 30 tablets, here Rilace 10 28 tablets. and UK Nebivolol 5mg 30 tablets here Rilace 5 28 tablets. The cost in turkey was so cheap and my own named brands I had 3 months suppy for the price of one month with less tablets here.

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 03:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks Lilli - I didn't think of that.........will do - sincere regards to you.......

nurseawful

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 06:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

MsGarnet,

Not sure about the other tablet but Merz is the name of a pharmaceutical company in Germany. There must be another name on the box of tabs, if you ask your friend for the other name then I will try to find out for you.

Chris

nostradamus

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

I can tell you two of them:

Pulcet = generic: pantoprazole

Florinef = generic: fludrocortisone

The other two, check the names?

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 02:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you so much lilli, nurseawful and nostradamus - I have rung our friend, and asked him to look at his dad's prescription again and ring me with the spelling of the last two names. Unfortunately my Turkish is pretty dismal and although his English is very good, one has to factor in the Doctor's handwriting!!!! His dad keeps losing the use of his legs and is also having problems with his head......because no hospital in TRNC could find out the cause, they sent him to Turkey, where he was hospitalized for weeks, but they still can't give a definitive diagnosis. When I put his symptoms into google (I think it was) I came up with muscular dystrophy - myotonic dystroply dm2 - but I'm a layman, and having checked out the two nostradamus gave me, feel this will be palliative rather than a cure......but I've yet to find out the other two medications...

Hippo

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 06:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

I have friend comming from Turkey next week if that helps

MsGarnet

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks Hippo - will be talking to my friend today, and will come back to you.......

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.