North Cyprus Tourist Board - I was banking on the netball going ahead..
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > I was banking on the netball going ahead..

I was banking on the netball going ahead..

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

ClaireCat44

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

However, it's not happening yet so I have decided to become proactive and try and sort out my 'friends' situation. As you know, all I seem to do is work, work, work and therefore it has become really difficult to meet new people. It hasn't always been like this. A few years ago we were a great group of like-minded female friends and we always used to meet for coffee/lunch, sometimes with me, sometimes without if I was working. Gradually, one by one, they all left the island. Luckily, I met a wonderful friend a couple of years ago. Her name was Nat (NatAless) as some of you may remember. Unfortunately, she also decided to leave and she now lives in England with her Turkish husband. She will be visiting here at the end of June for a few days. The netball idea sounded fantastic to me. I thought I might have a chance of meeting some new female friends, who perhaps were slightly nearer my age. The one thing I have learnt in nearly 20 years of living in this part of the world is that it is

ClaireCat44

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

so important to have a female friend(s) with the same background to talk to about stuff. I can only go so far with my Cypriot female friends before they have trouble understanding what I am on about! Therefore, as I'm not interested in 'singles' nights, or going to bars etc. (I can't drive in the dark) what I am suggesting is that if anyone is interested in getting together (and I think there are lots of us in the same boat) we meet on a Sunday, for coffee or lunch. If anyone is interested, please email me at clairecat44@hotmail.com and hopefully we can sort something out. Thank you.

begonia

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

I hope you get a good response Claire. I have met several women who feel have the same problem as you. Well done for hopefully starting something. I know there were a lot of responses to the suggestion of starting netball but nothing seemed to come of it.

begonia

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 11:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

To the top

Lauvaine

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Count me in. Will phone you.

ShootersNT

Message Posted:
06/04/2011 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Claire - Training starts Monday 11th April at 5.30 - 7.00 at The English School of Kyrenia Bellapais, we look forward to seeing you

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.