North Cyprus Tourist Board - IT Advice re yahoo emails
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > IT Advice re yahoo emails

IT Advice re yahoo emails

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Boat Tours

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Why does my new laptop not let me forward emails or reply to emails in yahoo and whatsmore it wont recognise my address book automatically. The only way I can send an email is literally type in the address as I said it wont reply or forward. Although the reply screen comes up and allows me to type my message, it will not send it, although it says loading it just freezes and I have to sign out and

sign back in and I also get this message at the top of the yahoo screen…

ADVERTISEMENT

document.write("Smart Tag Error: Malformed URL - ST_REJECTED_QUERY_STRING ");

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Im having trouble also with yahoo, just had an email from my friend in UK and she is also experiencing problems

Boat Tours

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 22:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

yahoo is no problem when 3G is plugged into a computer it only happens on the laptop.

shrimp

Message Posted:
11/03/2011 22:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

I am having to type blind as you cant actually see what you are typing after about three lines, just hazzard a guess, although you can read it normally after you have sent it - but then you see all the spelling/grammer mistakes.......need to go back to the old style yahoo but dont know how to.........

brother

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 00:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

The outgoing mail issue is related to what is called the "outgoing server" setting - known as the smtp server.

I suggest that those with outgoing mail issues check the setting in their devices for this value.

When the 3g dongle is connected then the dongle's Internet Service Provider's (ISP) smtp server is used however if a laptop connects to a wireless service that is NOT provided by a ISP that you have an account with then the email program that was working whilst the 3g dongle was connected will not work (because ISP's only allow known users to use their smtp servers).

The short-term workaround is to use the yahoo browser based email facility. This way you can use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc. to login and read/send emails - but the emails will remain at yahoo for the time being.

Hope this helps.

shrimp

Message Posted:
12/03/2011 01:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

thanks for the information, but have reverted back to the old yahoo now and no further problems...........x

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.