North Cyprus Tourist Board - Work for electrician
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Work for electrician

Work for electrician

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Electricity in North Cyprus and KIBTEK Related Threads posted so far

YummyMummy

Message Posted:
30/09/2008 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

My 22 year old brother is planning to come to Cyprus in January and is looking to continue in his trade as an electrician. How easy will it be to find work and what is the pay like?

Nunu1

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Yummy Mummy, I am also planning to move to Cyprus soon. Im qualified in Electrical, Plumbing, Heating.....and Luxury bathroom installations including tiling to very high standards.

Without sounding too negative, the red tape and bureacracy in most countries except UK....free for all to outsiders (Red tape applies to those that have studied and grafted) TRNC look after their own...I dont blame them........

Without predjudice, Your Brother is no doubt keen especially at that age, He may get lucky to be taken on but, they will pay him peanuts..

Neverthe less he may be in with a chance and he is young enough to learn Turkish an advantage. It gets harder as you get older!

Good luck to your Brother, but he needs to weigh up the pros and CONS!

nunu

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

I think it will be very hard to get a work permit, almost impossible because there is ample suppy of electrical technicians in TRNC at the moment.

ismet

elko2

Message Posted:
01/10/2008 21:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

I forgot to add that all EU Citizens can work in south Cyprus without the need for a work permit because they are part of EU. I am not sure about the south but if it is similar to TRNC, you will have to pass exams before you can submit electrical projects for approval but there is nothing to stop you doing repair works or doing installations with approved projets.

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.