North Cyprus Tourist Board - Sky tv..lost channels
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Sky tv..lost channels

Sky tv..lost channels

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

gooligan

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 127 in Discussion

Has anyone else lost any HD channels,ITV HD and channel 4 HD seem to have disappeared??

shaun463

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 127 in Discussion

jut checked i have ITV HD but dont have channel 4 HD

TinLondon

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 127 in Discussion

Just thought i'd let you know that all channels are working fine in the UK. so it's a local issue, although i'm not sure how that happens, i thought the signal all came from the same satellite.

gooligan

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 127 in Discussion

I've just tried the frequency again for ITV HD (11973) and it's not even showing up?

techtrader

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 127 in Discussion

Channel 4 HD has moved to a new EB1 widebeam transponder, in preparation for going FTA and appearing on freesat.

Not sure if there is a way we can get this back yet!

Try ITV HD London 10847 V 22000 5/6

rowlo

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 127 in Discussion

and they laughed when we got digiturk ?

techtrader

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 127 in Discussion

does not look good for HD stream SD still available of course, but very annoying!

negativenick

Message Posted:
17/03/2011 22:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 127 in Discussion

mess 6 - technically rolo, you have infringed on my coyright, as "and they laughed when i said i was getting a 4 m dish" is protected in 14 countries, inc the trnc......

i'll let it ride, just this once - on the basis that you've only got dodgy turk to keep away the winter blues..........

oh - those heady days of looking forward to 2 month old Eastenders on BBC Prime.........

gooligan

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 06:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 127 in Discussion

techtrader,nothing showing up on that frequency,thanks anyway.

rowlo ) ) )

Washerman

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 09:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 127 in Discussion

No issues with ITV programmes on our OSN packages.

Get the picture ?

http://www.satellitecyprus.com

Same telephone numbers for 7 years - 0533 869 4372

Expert installation of FTA, OSN, ADMC and other satellite TV systems in Cyprus

BTW (the new prices on our web site are 'Supply Only' from the Middle East), BUT we do install throughout Cyprus - ask for a quote !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 127 in Discussion

re msg 1 Gooligan

Sorry, mate.. 4pm yesterday - those channels got moved to transponders which don't cover

Cyprus :(

The ITV HD you had got moved to the same place where BBC1 HD comes from.. we couldn't get THAT in CY, already..

A C4 HD moved to a 'bird' called Eurobird - which ISN'T part of the Astra family.. it is VERY weak.. and less expensive to broadcast from.. but fine for UK folk :(

Not everyone has lost ITV HD.. it depends on the region your card is set to. Some folk with 4.2m still getting it.

re msg 10

Washerman

what ITV programs do you get with OSN, please ?

Geoff1131

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 127 in Discussion

I presume this is only the HD itv stations and the HD channel 4?

I have just tried itv through the added channels and it is working ok, also the channel 4 is working but not in HD.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 127 in Discussion

Some folks lost ITV HD on channel 178 - depending on the region their SKY card is set to

Channel 4 HD is on a VERY weak bird, now.. you'd be lucky to get it past Italy..

gooligan

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 127 in Discussion

ITV 2,3 & 4 HD work fine,I thought it was strange at the timing,was watching Cheltenham in HD then suddenly nowt and the missus isn't very happy she can't watch Emmerdale in HD,it's the only fresh air she gets

Oh well,revert back to the olden days :(

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 127 in Discussion

She CAN watch Emmerdale on ITV2 HD - it's only 12 hours later ;)

Washerman

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm has commented many times on this forum about customers being wary of dealing with suppliers who haven't got control over their own service - I suppose that the loss of ITV on a system costing many hundreds of £'s, if not thousands of £'s (for a 4.2m dish - Sky) is the type of thing that he was referring to.

It seems that the suppliers of the service that mmmmmm repeatedly recommended to the readers of this forum haven't got any control over the service that they offer/are offering, but then, some of us new that already !

Our satellite TV systems are not "on a VERY weak Bird" - they are delivered in HD on a 1m dish and we have customers already in their 2nd year contracts

BTW (the new prices on our web site are 'Supply Only' from the Middle East), BUT we do install throughout Cyprus - ask for a quote ! http://www.satellitecyprus.com

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman.. you being an 'expert' on sat tv - you'd THINK you'd know that ITV is still available ..;)

YES.. the source of UK TV *is* weak in Cyprus - the UK is a long way away.. that's WHY you need a bigger dish.. UK folk prefer UK TV..

If you don't need UK TV - but English lang TV I'd recommend a local TV sat service.. ( DigiTurk or Nova Cyprus) ..NOT one from an Arab state that doesn't have Cyprus listed in it's coverage...and no official dealers..

I was hoping you'd tell us what channel you can get Corrie / Emmerdale etc on OSN or AD TV ?!

How many UK channels can your 1m dish give... ? As of today there are still over 20 HD channels available in Cyprus on a 1.8M and over a hundred standard definition channels..

Lastly, neither OSN or ADTV haven't HAD had their current encrypted format for two years... if you are going to 'spin' ( well fib actually ) remember you ARE talking to someone who knows....

Washerman

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 127 in Discussion

1. I wonder why members are posting saying that they have lost ITV ???

2. Our signal is strong not "weak" like yours - as you put it !

3. Corrie, Emmerdale, Eastenders plus many more and this year X Factor - all on OSN - seems you are not such an expert !

4. 1m dish gives 23 HD channels and a hundred in total !

5. We have clients in their 2nd year contracts on OSN

mmmmmm - the members that you 'pushed' towards Sky may feel let down by you after all, they are complaining on here that they have lost ITV and that they lose the SKY signal (altogether) in the late afternoon and evenings - you should have warned them at the outset that the signal came from "a VERY weak Bird" - knowing this, they may not have chosen to invest thousands of £ in a useless (some of the time) 4.2m dish

rowlo

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 127 in Discussion

msg8 negnick , where do you see the words 4m dish in my post ? please dont sue .

techtrader

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 127 in Discussion

Emmerdale is not filmed in HD yet!!

ITV HD is available to people with the big dish just add channel (London freq)

CH4 HD has gone and yes I was just admiring Racing in HD too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman

You'll note - as always I try to answer YOUR questions ;) ...

1/ The members are saying they lost ITV1 HD... do try to keep up

2/ >>our signal<< Do you mean the signal of Nilesat... ? It isn't 'yours'.. With the correct dish size the 'SKY' signal' is just as strong.. !

3/ Thanks for confirming that you get the stuff - but as the expert - it's not as 'current'..YES?..folk chat about last night's episode... ?

4/ How many HD / SD channels do you get for FREE ?.... and how many in English... Please do be sure to answer THAT one..

5/ Like I said... neither OSN or AD TV have had the same encryption for two years.. so you are being 'naughty'..

No-one is losing 'SKY' signal the pay TV channels are much stronger signals.. we are talking about FREE channels... again.. keep up !

The 'useless' 4.2m's - when installed properly - are still receiving ITV1 HD just fine .... !

I'm not 'pushing, Washerman - I'm not posting my website or phone number.. !

Washerman

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 127 in Discussion

Your questions are repetitive and not worth answering. You are a bored bore !

techtrader

Message Posted:
18/03/2011 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 127 in Discussion

erm 'USELESS'!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUSY WOULD LIKE TO GO FURTHER BUT....

THE 4.2M DISH BY FAR THE BEST PRODUCT I'VE BOUGHT HERE MULTIPLE HD CHANNELS FROM SKY WHICH LOOK AMAZING ON MY 50' PLASMA!

tried everything else have admc box and i'll show you the diff in pic between my Sky pic and admc pic for sky news HD no comp Sky on the 4.2 bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 07:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 127 in Discussion

Useless in the late afternoon and evenings when it loses the signal !

And how much did all that hardware and subscription cost ?

If we blotted out the sun and drained our customers bank accounts and fitted 4.2m dishes instead of a titchy, tiny 95cm dish - we'd expect a slightly better picture, but in any event, I still dispute your assertion. Why do so, many 4.2m dish owners use our system ?

Up to 23 HD channels available on OSN and ADMC at a fraction of the cost of a concrete base, a 4.2m dish and a sky subscription - £2,800 for the first year

mmmmmm - we have customers in our second year contracts (we sold systems on smart cards before the HD receiver) - don' call me a liar on a public forum otherwise, I'll make you regret it.

This is my business in TRNC - I am entitled to post my telephone number........

Hippo

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 10:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 127 in Discussion

I am sure your system satisfies some people, but unfortunately we prefer up to date TV not out of date soaps and American TV.

SKY arguably still is by far the best system here for the discerning viewer.

There have been some problems lately on BBC but hopefully now, with the assistance of a reputable installer Iceman they can be dealt with.

We have had a problem and at eight o'clock when it started to break up he came in an answer to a phone call tuned it then when the interference was at its worst and hopefully has cured it.

4HD has gone but ch4 still works very well.

And of course we know that SKY will be with us for the foreseeable future.

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 127 in Discussion

I am sure that some people don't mind having a 4.2m eyesore blighting the 'look' of their property and blocking out the view and light from their own houses and their neighbours.

I also wonder whether some sort of planning permission must be obtained before one of these monstrosities is erected - I will check it out !

There are constant problems (especially in the early afternoon and late evenings) with Sky (especially in the winter months)

I was supplied by a neighbours 4.2m dish for a couple of years and we repeatedly lost the signal and certain channels at certain times. It certainly wasn't worth the £50 per month cost thank God I didn't buy my own for £0,000s

When we wanted to watch TV in the evenings, we didn't have it to watch...?

We have customers who use our VPN connections at times when their 4.2m dish isn't working.

You use the term 'reputable' which I noted - there are many 'reputable' installers with proven track records

Forseeable future but not 8pm

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 127 in Discussion

The problem is that the signal comes from (as mmmmmm put it) "a VERY weak bird" which means, when the weather is wrong, when there is cloud cover and, in the late afternoon and early evening - there are problems with reception.

Remember - I didn's start this thread about problems with missing channels on 4.2m Sky TV systems in Northern Cyprus.

Additionally, the installers of these systems have no control over which channel comes from which satellite and these decisions (when they are taken by Sky) are made with UK TV reception in mind. Sky TV is not supposed to be being received in Cyprus and therefore, Sky have no obligations to those people that pay out thousands of pounds for a 4.2m dish that blights their homes (and probably needs planning permission to erect) and these decicions exclude any consideration to people that are receiving programming in Cyprus.

That's why channels can and will disappear suddenly and people should be aware of this when they

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 127 in Discussion

are considering whether they should invest thousands of £'s of their hard-earned money just to watch Corrie at 9-30pm and News at 10 at 12pm Cyprus time (News at 10 and the weather report finishes at about 1am in the morning ???

There are much cheaper alternatives that don't blight your home that don't need a concrete base installed which work 24 hours a day 7 days a week that you can watch when you want to watch them

Up to 23 HD channels and 100 channels in total that are delivered via a very small dish from a very strong signal AND they come from a 'reputable' supplier with a 'proven' seven year track record of providing customer service in the TRNC

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 11:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 127 in Discussion

Good morning Washerman

My questions are pertinent - 'boring' is when you can't / won't answer them..

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 127 in Discussion

Can't answer - ha!

Your questions are repetitive, they have been answered by me many times,on many occasions,to the point where I was put on moderation for engaging with you.

The best advice that AJ gave me was to ignore you which I have done for a number of months.

Now, enough is enough, but don't flatter yourself that it is anything that you have said that has contributed to my silence.

If 'you' want me to answer - this thread will be closed too

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman

I've just checked .. I ask a direct question you make statements - most of which are nonsense.. If it was 'ok' to engage me with a response.. why not TRY to answer a direct question - honestly...?

Example: Yesterday - using SKY(as an example ) you said 'your' system also had 100 channels.. and 20+ HD channels !!

I have checked.. IF..one subscribed to all packages - BOTH ADTV AND OSN ! - even with free 'English' (sometimes) channels you wouldn't get get 100+ SD channels in *English*..

My source is independent..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbit_Showtime

Also - re 'your' HD channels

OSN has 13 HD channels

So.. being truthful - you expect your clients to take BOTH packages to get near SKY's offerings !

Your 'facts' don't bear close examination - as ever.. :(

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 12:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 127 in Discussion

I said - " Up to 23 HD channels available on OSN and ADMC at a fraction of the cost of a concrete base, a 4.2m dish and a sky subscription - £2,800 for the first year"

13 HD channels on OSN and 12 HD on ADMC = 25 HD channels

OSN Premier Plus package + FTA channels is 90+ ADMC = 100+ (English speaking channels)

Your interpretation of the facts is slanted - as ever.. :(

Our clients can take both packages and JSC Sport +1 to +10 and it will still be a fraction of the cost of setting up for Sky and now, with our rental systems, they can do it on a month by month basis for less than the TV Pirates are charging ! - Yes, month by month rental, demonstrating the confidence that I have in our ADMC product and service

The suppliers of Sky TV systems cannot even guarantee that the channels will remain within the packages - as they have no control over ITV, Sky, BBC etc. - Look at the title of this thread.

Sky is an expensive gamble and a blight on your house !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 127 in Discussion

Now can you confirm how much it would cost to have BOTH 'your' pay TV channels ..? Do you have the year two figure for ADTV, yet ?

I have already shown the OSN channels line up so pls find us a link to AD TV and we can add the channels - and see which channels are truly ENGLISH speaking...

Please note the SKY comparison I made was with a 1.8m dish.. with a 4.2m dish one gets access to more FREE channels..

It is true that suppliers can't guarantee what channels can be viewed but when 'we' lose UK channels 'we' also gain.. 'We' get MORE channels now than three years ago.. the HD channels are more stronger

Example: 3 years ago could we get ITV2,3,4 in Cyprus ?.. you CAN now..

Can 'YOU' *guarantee* that your clients will retain their pay TV service come renewal time.. ?

Folks with 4.2m don't NEED to PAY to get 20+ UK Free to view channels incl.

BBC 1-4, News 24, ITV1-4, C4, Five, Sky News, BBC Ceebies, CBBC, Fiver, Five USA, SKY3, Film 4 ... just like 'home'..

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 127 in Discussion

Does a 4.2m satellite dish (required to receive Sky TV, ITV and BBC) need planning (special) permission before it can be erected on a dwelling in Northern Cyprus ? Ask your supplier for a money-back guarantee that it doesn't !

Is being able to watch Coronation Street at 9-30pm in the evening and News at 10 at midnight (Cyprus-time) really worth the cost of a concrete base, a 4.2m dish and a Sky subscription - approximately £2,500 - £3,000 first year cost (including setting up) ?

Is erecting a 4.2m dish a blight on your (neighbours) property ?

The suppliers of the Sky 4.2m dish systems have absolutely no control over which signals (channels) are delivered from which satellites and therefore, despite charging thousands of £'s, cannot promise that channels will not just disappear from the system. One day you see it, the next day it is gone - they are selling you a system that you are not supposed to receive over which, they have no control.

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 127 in Discussion

Ask your supplier if they guarantee that the channels will always be availabe ?

In the late afternoon and early evenings (especially in the winter) the signal disappears altogether and reception is intermittent - the channels are either: "No Signal" or, on and off. Ask for a year round guarantee that there will be no down-time.

When they go wrong, it costs considerably to put things right - regular service calls to re-align after a high wind or, bad weather can soon mount up.

For the equivalent of 140TL per month (1st year cost) and 75TL per month (2nd year cost) - the same films, programmes, news channels, sports, football, golf etc. is available in High Definition from other TV systems - at a fraction of the cost. It takes a minimum of 6 years to get back the cost of a 4.2m dish and by then, the 4.2m dish is definitley worse for wear, needing regular maintenance and service calls.

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 127 in Discussion

The alternative TV systems to Sky are delivered using strong signals from satellites with their beams focused on the Middle-East and not using signals from "VERY weak birds" as mmmmmm has described the satellite that delivers some of the channels - with their beams facing in the wrong direction. Is it any wonder that reception is intermittent ?

With Sky TV systems in Cyprus, here's is an example of the excuses that you will hear when things go wrong:

" Sorry, mate.. 4pm yesterday - those channels got moved to transponders which don't cover Cyprus :( "

" The ITV HD you had got moved to the same place where BBC1 HD comes from.. we couldn't get THAT in CY, already.. "

" A C4 HD moved to a 'bird' called Eurobird - which ISN'T part of the Astra family.. it is VERY weak.. and less expensive to broadcast from.. but fine for UK folk :( "

The last statement says it all - it is "fine for UK folk," but unfortunately it seems, not for folk in Cyprus

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 127 in Discussion

>>Does a 4.2m satellite dish (required to receive Sky TV, ITV and BBC) need planning (special) permission before it can be erected on a dwelling in Northern Cyprus ? Ask your supplier for a money-back guarantee that it doesn't ! <<

:D I can see it now.. Washerman campaigning against these 'blights' on behalf of the citizens of 'TRNC' ... :D

>>they are selling you a system that you are not supposed to receive over which, they have no control.<<

Most are using their own receivers - paying their own subs and the Advocate General of the ECJ has ruled that ( legally) an EU citizen should be able to watch EU based progs within the EU.. You ARE correct in suggesting certain suppliers ARE supplying kit that ISN'T licensed for use in Cyprus ;)

Who has been asked to remove a 4.2m ( or a 1.8m) for planning reasons, Washerman... ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 127 in Discussion

We give a money-back guarantee - complete satisfaction with the system, reception, programming and service or, your money back. We are that confident in our system that we now do a rental scheme on our ADMC Satellite TV system.

Visit our web site - http://www.satellitecyprus.com or, telephone: 0533 869 4372 (same telephone number for seven years)

To get the full picure, get satellite cyprus - professional installation of OSN, ADMC, FTA and other satellite systems.

mmmmmm - please read this carefully and take it in and then stop repeating the same nonsense - We already have customers in their 2nd year contracts.

" Folks with 4.2m don't NEED to PAY " - free 4.2m dishes ! More like £2,000 including concrete base etc. plus receiver, plus LNB etc. etc. ect. - hardly free.

There are 24 free English speaking channels on our system though

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 127 in Discussion

"Ruled" or, recommended.

I can undertand you asking me for information, afterall I do live and work here. You live in the UK don't you ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 13:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 127 in Discussion

I asked, " Does a 4.2m satellite dish (required to receive Sky TV, ITV and BBC) need planning (special) permission before it can be erected on a dwelling in Northern Cyprus ? "

I commented "Ask your supplier for a money-back guarantee that it doesn't ! "

Everything else in Northern Cyprus seems to need special permission. At your request, I will check this out for you on Monday and post here. You may not like to hear the result though !

Something tells me that there will be some sort of rule against it (if my experience of living and working in the TRNC for 7 years is anything to go by)

Hippo

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 127 in Discussion

" The ITV HD you had got moved to the same place where BBC1 HD comes from.. we couldn't get THAT in CY, already..

Funny that i am watching ITV HD now.

If you have a correctly aligned dish then you seldom loose any channel, heavy rain excepted.

You cant tell me that the system you provide is anywhere near the quality of programmee material that is on SKY.

You are also rumour mongering about planning permission that will obviously support your 2nd rate TV

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 14:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 127 in Discussion

Hippo, these are mmmmmm's comments - are you saying that he doesn't know what he is talking about ?

Seldom lose channels - why then, so many threads about it on many different Cyprus forums - everyone must be wrong - obviously, you are right

I don't know about "programmee" material, but I do know that they show the same channels/programmes/content - if that is what you mean !

2nd rate TV - don't knock it until you've tried it - it doesn't come over as being genuine.

Perhaps you can answer the question - did you enquire or, get planning permission for your monstrosity ? ;)

We give a money-back guarantee - complete satisfaction with the system, reception, programming and service or, your money back. We are that confident in our system that we now do a rental scheme on our ADMC Satellite TV system.

Visit our web site - http://www.satellitecyprus.com or, telephone: 0533 869 4372 (same telephone number for seven years)

To get the full picure, get satellite cyprus

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 14:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 127 in Discussion

Yes, Washerman I live in the UK, but I derive my income from folk from many countries ( incl. Cyprus) .. I don't see the relevance to our 'discussion' ..

Back to relevant topics :

Can you tell us who has been asked to remove a 4.2m dish for 'planning reasons'... ? ( specifics, please... )

Please could you list 'your' 100+ English lang channels..?

Members can then judge which are truly Eng language... We both know you you'll be expecting folk to subscribe to TWO separate pay TV company's services to get 'em..

This thread is about 'losing' two UK channels... ( it's actually one -if you have a 4.2m) ....You choice to try and pollute it with 'your' offering ..

There's also the Cyprus based options of TurkSat or Nova Cyprus ... 'strange' you don't recommend them...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 127 in Discussion

Hi Hippo

re: >>did you enquire or, get planning permission for your monstrosity <<

Did you note the typical 'Washerman' - he 'demands' a response to HIS questions and ignores 'boring' ones ;)

Washerman.. please tell us who has been asked to remove a 4.2m for reasons of non-compliance to planning?

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 14:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 127 in Discussion

How does the HSBC advert go......."local knowledge"

I have already told you that I will find out about whether permission is needed to erect a monstrosity in your garden. Be patient AND don't worry, I won't forget ;)

100 Channels - see the web site, it's quicker http://www.satellitecyprus.com

2 packages and still a lot cheaper than a monstrosity

I'm only repeating what you said in earlier threads - sorry if you think that it is pollution

Don't forget folks:

iceman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 127 in Discussion

On 4.2m dish, if ITV1 HD is not received through EPG#178, it can be added manually using parameters 10832H 22000 5/6

As for Channel4 HD..i believe it will also be available on 4.2m dish soon. It's already started on 11798H but having SR 29500 it cannot be manually added...we have to wait for SKY to include it in the EPG

As for having control over what channels being transmitted...NOT even Digiturk main office in Nicosia have control over the contents of their package..

I do NOT sell TV packages...I supply & install satellite dishes used for receiving SKY & UK TV in Cyprus.

This is how i always identified my business to people inquiring my services.

I cannot control or guarantee the contents of what is being transmitted.

if it's of any importance...

my mobile # has been same since mobile phones first started in North Cyprus....16 years!!

The office # on my website has been same for 37 (THIRTY SEVEN) years...

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 127 in Discussion

W'man

'local knowledge' )

Don't you think that ( example) Iceman - who IS a local TC and has been in the biz FAR longer than you - would be a better option ?!

.. as HE HAS installed 100+ 4.2m he might be able to tell us if anyone has EVER been asked to remove a 4.2m ?

Thanks for confirming that you need TWO separate PAY TV packages..to get 100 'English' channels.

NOW.. kindly don't count channels that are duplicated ( e.g Nat. Geographic) and tell us how many 'English' channels you ACTUALLY get .... ?

I note you can't tell us what AD TV will cost next year.. another 'boring' Q ? ..

Is is all very well 'claiming' to give a money back guarantee - but do you put the funds in an account that is 'ring fenced' account to back up such a claim ?

How can you make such a 'claim' when you aren't even licensed by the operators to offer the service ? ..and how can we BELIEVE you when some of your other 'claim's are demonstrably inaccurate/misleading?

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - it seems you're dragging everyone into this - I must be worthy opposition

Hello Iceman, nice to address the organ grinder for a change.

I am surprised that you say that no-one has control over their TV packages, mmmmmm has been trying to lead people to believe that it is only I that do not have control over my packages. Is he wrong to say that ? It seems that he is, afterall, he has set you up as the expert and so, as this is coming straight from the horses mouth, he needn't try to use 'that-one' again !

We supply a service not just an installation and this seems to be the main distinction between the options that are available from the two main suppliers in TRNC and I am proud of it !

I don't really need to say any more except that we offer and give a money-back guarantee because we are offering a service and not just an installation.

Iceman, if it wasn't for mmmmmm, we wouldn't be having this tit for tat stuff - you should advise him accordingly

cont.../

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 127 in Discussion

I wish you the best of luck and apologise for you being dragged into this, but mmmmmm just won't leave me alone to run my business in the TRNC

He's like a bad smell that won't go away !

mmmmmm - I'll come to you in a minute

gooligan

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 127 in Discussion

Iceman,thanks very much,now have ITV HD back

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - I have been in business for 32 years - I have lived in the TRNC for eight years.

Then, why didn't he tell us whether anyone has been asked to remove a 4.2m dish, but then, that is irrelevant - I didn't say that anyone has been asked to remove one, I just said:

" Does a 4.2m satellite dish (required to receive Sky TV, ITV and BBC) need planning (special) permission before it can be erected on a dwelling in Northern Cyprus ? "

then, I commented "Ask your supplier for a money-back guarantee that it doesn't ! "

Your intrepretation of some of my comments is strange - I don't think that I will ever be able to write in a language that you are able to understand and, at a risk of becoming repetitve - yes 2 packages, and still a fraction of the price of a 4.2m 'installation'

Would I give the guarantee if I was selling something that I wasn't confident in, and how much money will I need to "ring-fence" (bearing in mind that no-one asks for their money back !)

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 127 in Discussion

Regarding the advert that has appeared at the top of this thread and I presume, all other 'satellite related ' threads.

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper. People who consider price only are this man's lawful prey !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 127 in Discussion

W'man

1/ I have had no correspondence / contact with ANYONE concerning you.. you must have an over-inflated sense of your 'importance'...

Those contributing to date take issue with the nonsense you've posted.

2/ a 'money back guarantee' is but an idle boast unless you have it set aside and ring-fenced.. too many members on here have seen 'customer service' evaporate when things go wrong. You cannot be 'confident' in being able to supply grey-market kit and continued subscriptions - especially from the region you have chosen.

3/ I asked you to list the "100+ channels in English" ( without duplicates ) No response.

4/ so you WOULD need to subscribe to two different companies .. Subscribing to SKY would therefore be much LESS.. based on your prices ;) ... D/Turk or Nova Cyprus would be cheaper

5/ I believe you are 50 years old - [ from a comment made by another member re your b'day ] so 'congratulations' for having been 'in business' since you were 18..!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 19:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 127 in Discussion

Hey Gooligan.. glad you got ITV HD back... if you mention 'blades' to me I might have to kill you ! ;)

gooligan

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 127 in Discussion

As long as you dont mention QPR we will be fine

techtrader

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 127 in Discussion

oh god wot a load of bollox!

wash person leave us alone to make our own choices of entertainment stop trying to make trouble and dont make out your systems are legal over here because they are not !!

speaking of free choice I would just like to let anyone who is interested out there (prob noone at the moment) that the package that wash advertises for 349euros on his website I purchased for £175 (200euros)in one of it's legitimate territories! SO WHY THE DIFFERENCE IN PRICE????

looks like your mark (up) didn't come out in this wash!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
19/03/2011 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - "correspondence" I don't understand what you are talking about ?

I'm tired of you mailciously speculating about my business on this forum and so are a lot of other people - your posts are boring are repetitive.

When I speculated about planning permisiion for a 4.2m dish - you were quick to bring in your buddies and round up a posse - not nice is it ?

The channels are on my web site - how many times do I have to point this out to you ?

To get Sky - what about the massive investment in an eyesore of a dish ? Conveniently forgetting about this ? People aren't stupid, do you think that they don't read the nonsense that you write here and think the same thing as me ?

techtrader - I just bought 10 kilos of oranges for 10TL, I wonder how much they are in Asda and Tescos - deary me !

Actually, my first business was when I was 16 so, 34 years actually !

techtrader

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 00:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 127 in Discussion

compare apples with apples please my point is that you are trying to convey that your system is somehow more morally correct to have here than sky.

a legalised satellite system in it's province has one price and one price only therefore my point is why the mark up if it's a legal system in the TRNC? obviously as you know it isn't !!

oranges grow everywhere and as such have regional variations in price, can you buy sky legally anywhere outside the UK??

god i cant believe i'm having this conversation, maybe you should get a 4.2m dish then you could have watched the horrific dreadful conditions in Africa from Comic Relief last night ie get a life.......oh i forgot you can see it on your system maybe in few months time!!

goodbye

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 00:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 127 in Discussion

People will interpret my comments in different ways applying their own bias - I have no control, sorry.

I see you are prepared to make a distinction between the price of oranges worldwide but not satellite equipment/packages - an example of your bias

Nothing seems to be legal in the TRNC, I doubt that satellite TV is an exception to this rule !

That's why people need to buy from someone that is offering a service then, they have a local telephone number to get help and support.

We are experts at this and have a proven track record - why do you think that mmmmmm, you and others try and blacken our name by maliciously speculating about us on here - because we are good at what we do.

A lot of people don't want to blight their homes with a 4.2m eyesore that only delivers picture some of the time and that's where we come in.

A small dish with the same programming for a fraction of the cost AND when people move about from time to time, we move the dish with them - easily

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 127 in Discussion

BTW - I did watch comic relief last night on a VPN connection that costs £5 per month - it doesn't work all the time because of the speed of the internet, but I'd say it works 80% of the time, but then, at a fiver a month, I I get all the UK channels so, it's well worth it.

I'm not so sure that I would be so understanding however, if I had paid thousands of £'s for a 4.2m eyesore and was suffering intermittent reception.

http://www.girltalk.pcs-net.com/b2/satellite-snippets/

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 01:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 127 in Discussion

Some more comments about Sky TV reception from various other forums:-

"The Astra 2D signal varies from week to week and month to month. Humidity in the atmosphere also reduces the signal. Best reception is in dry clear air."

"Also, about a month ago I started getting lots of interference (pixellation) starting in the late afternoon, mainly of the BBC channels (BBC1, BBC2) and on Channel 5, all of which are on transponder 45: 10773H. This lasted for about two weeks, but one Friday we had a tremendous thunderstorm and about 1-inch of rain fell overnight. Amazingly, the next day the interference disappeared and hasn't reappeared!"

"Mike4t,Thanks for your reply,so ch4 is ok through your DS43N box,How does ITV and BBC perform as I have bad reception on both at certain times mainly in the evening, just when we are sitting down to watch our favourite soaps."

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 127 in Discussion

When spending your hard earned money, you'd be a fool not to consider all the options:

'Big' programming for 'Little' money from a bit of a dish ! Get the Picture ?

0533 869 4372 - we offer a 'service' 7 days a week - we definitely will not 'fit' and 'forget'

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 01:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 127 in Discussion

In the same way that I do not want mmmmmm and his buddies to maliciously speculate on this forum about the product and service that we offer (because it isn't fair and unduly worries our customers)

I do not want to speculate about all the problems that people seem to be suffering with their Sky TV reception in Cyprus, again, because it isn't fair and may worry customers

I know that this doesn't bother mmmmmm because he has been spouting the same "What-if" rubbish about us, on here, for ages and he is causing concern amongst our customers - and that is why he does it, but he doesn't care about the concern that he causes them

I am different however, and therefore, I don't want to unduly worry anyone - life is too short !

I just want to get on with running our business and providing a good product and service to our customers

cont/...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 01:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 127 in Discussion

However, mmmmmm insists on repeatedly posting malicious and speculative "What-if" scenarios about our product and service with the sole intention of damaging our reputation/business.

If he is allowed to continue then, so must I, but I prefer not to.

Anyone that wants it to stop should therefore, contact mmmmmm and tell him to stop.

Anyone that is considering whether to change their TV system should look at all the options and weigh all the pros and cons - don't just take my word for it, but definitely do not listen to mmmmmm

Check it out for yourselves.

We are good at what we do and I am sure that Iceman is good at what he does. Iceman has many satisfied customers and so de we, Sky TV reception has problems in Cyprus - our system doesn't, but on Sky you get 'Live' UK programming like ITV and BBC on the 4.2m dish - on ours it isn't live - Ours is much cheaper (calculating the cost of equipment)

All I am saying is check it out for yourselves

Hippo

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 05:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 127 in Discussion

Apart from the sport your channel line up is a load of out of date drivel.

What has mmm to gain by pointing out your shortfalls, he is not in business here and therefore cannot benefit by your demise.

Somehow i think you does protest to much.

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 06:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 127 in Discussion

Hippo, your opinion of course and you are entitled to it, albeit bias towards the Sky system - if I had spent approaching £3,000 on a 4.2m monstrosity, I may shivver when someone starts delivering the same programming at a fraction of the cost on a tiny dish.

You talk about my shortfalls and yet, you have no experience of anything about me or, my business - I think that readers will see through that too.

Protest ? Is that how you view the honesty that I have displayed.....deary me, we are a sad little hippo today, aren't we !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

Once again I wake up to note you have posted UTTER drivel..

To repeat: I have STILL not been in contact with anyone who has participated on this thread - anyone participating does so because they felt like it.. no-one needs to 'rally round', when you post inaccurate / misleading stuff - folk are moved to write.. it's VERY simple.

The posts you quote... the receiver is ACTUALLY called a Psce DS340N... which looked like a Pace 2600 - but was a poor imitation - lousy 'deal' tuner... IF you were an 'expert' you would know that it was NOT the best tuner to use in Cyprus.... Thanks for demonstrating - once again - that you are NO 'expert' at all )))

Since when has an Arab sat company started delivering up to date content from BBC ?!

Since when could you watch F1 without adverts ? (4.2m not necessary)

Since when has it cost £3,000 to install a 4.2m.... ?

As normal, in your 'desperate attempt' to push your content inferior option ..you 'lost' the plot.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 127 in Discussion

ERRATA :

the receiver is ACTUALLY called a PAce DS340N... which looked like a Pace 2600 - but was a poor imitation - lousy 'deaF' receiver... ( deaf as in not sensitive - looses signals when another receiver is still working perfectly )

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 12:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 127 in Discussion

Mark, on the internet, on various forums, there are many examples of people that have problems with Sky TV in Cyprus - I have just taken a sample - there are many more, but I don't want to 'bore' readers - I am sure that they understand the point that I make.

Secondly, whether you have been in contact with any of your buddies is irrelevant (maybe you have, maybe you haven't) - they are your buddies all the same - you know, the ones that you give the free VPN connections to - of course, their comments are completely unbiased, aren't they ;)

I am in the process of compiling a comparison between Sky and OSN and our various other systems and I'll give you advance warning - it doesn't look good for Sky.

The Sky free line-up of Shopping, Religious, Specialist TV, Gaming and Gay Dating channels won't appeal to many, but you will have to wait to see how the cost and channel comparison comes out.

Please, be patient !

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 127 in Discussion

W/man - you are too funny.. STILL with the 'hint' that 'we' might need to 'rally round' to cope with your misleading 'info' ! ... [ clubebat emoticon would be great hee]

So, now they are my 'friends' because I give them a free VPN ?! .. [ sad emoticon here ]

Better you dealt with pertinent questions that you avoid and answers of mine that show that you are no 'expert' ....

To deal with your latest nonsense:

UK / IRL folk WANT their own TV channels in preference to local or Arab sourced TV ... the downside is that it needs a bigger dish.. you get more relevant channels for a greater initial outlay...that's it. the rest of your posts are just a guy pushing his chosen product ... one that folk can get for less - elsewhere.

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - guess what ? You can get Sky for less in the UK - how come you have to pay x50 times the price for it here ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 14:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

FIFTY Times.. ? Kindly show us your maths.. you are about to look silly... AGAIN ...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 127 in Discussion

"one that folk can get for less - elsewhere."

I am using the same principle that you have used in your statement above and pointing out that the same applies to Sky - do you think that people are stupid?

x50 (maybe x100 cheaper) for installation of a dish in the UK and it doesn't get delivered on an Arctic Lorry

)))

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 127 in Discussion

BTW - the channel and cost comparison is nearly finished - watch this space

0maintenance

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 14:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 127 in Discussion

Game Set & Match

gooligan

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,who cares about the cost comparison?

I'm more interested in the quality,I can afford it,have an expertly installed 4.2m dish that doesn't break up at all (unless it rains very heavily)

Another thing,when you were banging up monstrous base stations everywhere,did you ask your neighbors?

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 127 in Discussion

Many people care about a cost comparison - not everyone is as wealthy as you obviously are, but nevertheless, are still entitled to some luxury in life and we can provide it, much cheaper.

I can understand why all you people that have paid out for massive 4.2m dishes are upset - now that the same programming is available on small cheap dishes. You must feel like it has all been a waste of your money, but please, don't take it out on me - anyway, that shouldn't bother someone as wealthy as you ;)

You started this thread and I know that mmmmmm will have given you are ticking off for that, but coming in at this late stage won't make things right.

As far as monstrous base stations are concerned - what the flippin' 'eck are you on about ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

I KNEW you would/ couldn't do the maths.. so I'll do it for you

1.8m dish cost c.600GBP

4.2m cost 2-2,500 GBP

Cost of having SKY dish installed in UK 60GBP

Note you can get a NEW HD box installed for just over 20GBP in the UK - IF you can plug the box into a UK phone line for 12 months.. Folks in Cyprus can't DO that ...

So with a 1.8m it is TEN times as much and just over THIRTY times more for a 4.2m... ( bearing in mind that with a 4.2m you don't NEED to subscribe to SKY to get more than 30 decent FREE channels ( I exclude shopping channels)

Now, many folk SHARE their dishes... halving or quartering those costs..

Now that really was championship point ....

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 127 in Discussion

W/man..

When you were installing 2.4Ghz wireless base stations - did you worry about 'legislation'

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

so much for the cost comparison

>>x50 (maybe x100 cheaper) for installation of a dish in the UK and it doesn't get delivered on an Arctic Lorry <<

..Mr 'expert' in such thing satellite.. A 4.2m gets delivered in flat packs and you could fit 5 of 'em on a tranny flat bed truck.. but as they weigh 480 KGs each- that would be irresponsible !

gooligan

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 127 in Discussion

Yes washerman I started this thread and thanks to Iceman I now have ITV in HD back.What have you brought to this thread apart from innuendo?

Does your package include ITV HD or Sky Sports 1,2,3 & 4 in HD?,I could go on but I already know the answer.

You get what you pay for,if folk can afford Sky then they can opt for it or they can opt for a cheaper system and not get the quality programming,although you now claim in msg 77 you can get the same programming on small cheap dishes,is this from 3 years ago?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

this is how the flat packs look.. as you can see no artic necessary..

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1038/1402048463_cea71b6660.jpg

BTW you can get 20+ 4.2m in a 40' container - so 1 x artic can carry 20+ 4.2m ;)

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - I'll deal with you in a minute

Gooligan - do Sky News run different programmes or, is it the same one - our system has Sky News live in HD

How many 3pm football matches does your Sky sports - our system shows them all !

Is this the same programming or, not ???

BUT give me a chance and I'll publish the channel and cost comparison for everyone, but if you keep interrupting me, it's going to take longer

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm - thanks for doing the maths, but everyone except you realises that it's the principle that counts.

You said that our system is available cheaper elsewhere and I replied by saying that your Sky system is available cheaper elsewhere (Duce) so, everyone is wondering why you highlighted this, it's obvious to everyone else, why is it not obvious to you.

I haven't mentioned 1.8m dishes so, I don't know why you have mentioned those. Are they the one's that you only get certain channels on?

As far as 2.4Ghz base stations are concerned - now you are talking internet - please try to keep this thread on topic

If they come in flat packs like B and Q stuff, how come they're so expensive?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 127 in Discussion

Dear w/man

If you'd stop posting silly statements and deal with the questions you don't want to answer:

IF you want to see the UK footy games then SKY isn't the service for you... we can't see them in the UK..

If you want to get it - you can view it on Nova Cyprus - LTV (€32.52 - pay monthly via credit / debit card) - no need to pay annually

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 127 in Discussion

but mmmmmm, everyone wants to watch their favourite football team - are you saying that they can't watch their favourite football team on Sky - our system has every single football game in HD, does Sky Sports not too ?

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 127 in Discussion

BTW our ADMC systems are now available from as little as 49TL per month

32.52 Euros from Nova is a bit steep isn't it?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 127 in Discussion

Dear w/man

it is noted that you raise questions of legality - but refuse to discuss it when you realise that you were breaking the law yourself

it is noted that you didn't do the maths -( fifty times you said - but when confronted with the facts re both 1.8m and 4.2m dishes you don't want to discuss your gross exaggeration

it is noted that you 'claimed' artics were needed to deliver 4.2m - which showed you were no 'expert' in things satellite - unless dealing in bin lid installs.

They are expensive because they end up big.. they are a LOT of metal - metal is expensive - and a good installer could install 15-20 1m ( or less) 'bin lid' dishes, in the time it takes to do a 4.2m properly..

There is competition on the island re 4.2m and if one person was really expensive they'd hardly be around still..YES?

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 127 in Discussion

"Arctics" not literally - mmmmmm - irony is wasted on you

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 127 in Discussion

Dear W/man.. 'from 49YTl/monthly'

Having seen how you aren't exactly *accurate* with other costings and packaging ..

WHAT will be the cost to view AD Sports next year... ? How CAN you guarantee continued viewing when you aren't an official dealer ( grey-market) and the programming isn't licenced in 'TRNC' ?

BTW ..YES HD and recording is available on Nova Cyprus

Reminder :THIS thread is about folk losing ITV HD and C4 HD ..

One is already solved..

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 91 of 127 in Discussion

I could ask you all the same questions about Sky

philbailey

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 92 of 127 in Discussion

Do either of you ywo watch tv?

or spend all day bitching at each other ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 93 of 127 in Discussion

Dear Phil

Watching Liverpool beating Sunderland, and cooking Sunday roast.. ( I can talk and my words appear on the screen - hence many typos)

Now I'm revealing my secret..

BTW - I'm not 'bitching' just correcting W/man - do you think it was a penalty - or can't you m/task ;)

Texas

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 94 of 127 in Discussion

Can you get this sorted by 18:00 as I'm watching Chelsea V Man City in 3D.

That will throw the cat amongst the pidgeons.

Do NOT close this thread, it's the best one for months!

Perhaps, as an alternative to Bingo/Pool?Darts/Karaoke/Quiz nights, someone could arrange mmmmmm and Washerman to appear at a neutral venue, charge 15TL for a "fish supper" and have a "panel" to pose questions, and let them have a debate. At the end, the audience could vote. I nominate myself as that guy on TV called Dimbleby!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 95 of 127 in Discussion

Hey Texas, do you want to be my Manager...?!

gooligan

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 96 of 127 in Discussion

Texas,book me in for 2 tickets,that could be interesting,Industry expert V's web designer turned internet provider turned overnight satellite tv 'expert' ) ) )

Texas

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 97 of 127 in Discussion

Marky, I'll pay for a limo to and from Limas(s)ol only. You can have 3 bodyguards and two assistants. Under no circumstances can you behave like a diva! No stupid flowers/mineral water/specialist hookers, etc. Well specialist hookers are not so difficult to come by over here. That's what I've been told anyway.

Why do you write Limassol like that?

Now we just need Washerman to agree, then I'll arrange dates, then choose a venue, then start selling tickets.

Someone will probably want to jump on the bandwaggon and have a charity raffle! Bloody do-gooders.

All proceeds will go to me and then I can choose another satellite system! He he he. If I get enough, I may be able to afford one of those great big buggers. No, not from the nightclubs, the DISH, stupid.

philbailey

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 98 of 127 in Discussion

Texas if you broadcast it, what size dish/system will you use please

Texas

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 99 of 127 in Discussion

Now, now Mr. Bailey sir.

The debate is not for the likes of us.

Only those without either system will be allowed to vote. In all seriousness, those potential customers may decide to opt for a system on the night. I'm sure some form of discount could be arranged if there are enough takers, regardless of who wins!

PS. The answer to your question can be found in post number 94.

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 100 of 127 in Discussion

Sky Satellite TV v The Competition

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 101 of 127 in Discussion

Texas

I spell Limas(s)ol like this as TR folk spell it with one 'S' ! I'm trying to be PC ;)

As I'm in the UK can you pay for a flight... no body guards necessary - happy to fly cattle class and take a detour via Istanbul ..

W/man can bring his boy and and a computer with an internet connection to help with difficult Sat related tech questions

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 17:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 102 of 127 in Discussion

w/man

re msg 100

the more accurate description is

the man who needs to pollute threads to advertise v the man who doesn't advertise - but knows...

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 17:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 103 of 127 in Discussion

The more accurate description is:

The man who is prepared to put his money where is mouth is versus the man...............that's where I get stuck

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 17:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 104 of 127 in Discussion

Gooligan, you forget drummer in a band

Texas

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 105 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,

That's a very well-presented comparison. I'm no expert, so I'll leave any questions up to Mark.

I will add, a friend of mine who has your complete system, is very happy. He had Digiturk, then Digital Supreme before.

Texas

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 106 of 127 in Discussion

New rules for the debate.

I have considered my options. I will now NOT take any profits from the debate for two reasons;

1. I do not believe there will be any, and

2. I do not therefore need another reason.

The loser will agree, never to contradict the winners comments on C44.

Are we "game on" gentlemen? Each debater!!! can have a seconder. The ring will be 12 metres by 12 metres, with a metal cage surrounding it. WWF and WWE have agreed the combined sponsorship.

This will be a Pay Per View option ONLY. Box Office Channel 721 on Sky and (please supply details Washerman).

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 18:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 107 of 127 in Discussion

Where's he/they gone ? They must be having a pow wow.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 18:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 108 of 127 in Discussion

Hello Texas

If I've kept you waiting - please accept my apologies.. I don't watch the board when enjoying Sunday roast ;)

Washerman - if you really want to put your money where your mouth is - why are you whinging about URAN's ad ( the company behind Dopis' 'reliable Piracy' ) currently at the top of this thread )?

Texas.. I have a better idea...next time I come to Cyprus we really should do this and raise money for charities .. Washerman can ask me questions on Satellites or any form of communications and we can all have a good laugh..

Washerman

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 109 of 127 in Discussion

Texas, looks like he's thrown the towel in - can't blame him, he knows when he is beat.

I'm off to practice on my drums

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
20/03/2011 19:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 110 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

don't be 'silly' I've put it in black and white.. I look fwd to coming to CY..

I'll try and combine the visit with a mate of mine from OSN..

islandgirl

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 00:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 111 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman can I ask:-

Is your system legal?

How much is the installation?

Can I pay monthly?

Can I freeze subscription when am not in TRNC?

Is there any danger the service may be disconnected?

Thanks

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 02:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 112 of 127 in Discussion

islandgirl....we do several different TV systems.

The susbscription packages cannot be frozen when you are not in the TRNC. If you do not live in the TRNC, I suggest that the FTA package may suit your requirements best. There is no monthly charge for the FTA system, just a one-off installation charge.

There is no danger of the service being disconnected.

THE FTA package is available free of charge - it is supported by advertisements - just like ITV in the UK. Therefore, the companies that own and transmit the channels want as many viewers as possible.

495TL one-off charge and sorry, on this one, no, you cannot pay monthly

negativenick

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 05:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 113 of 127 in Discussion

mess 19 - ok rowlo, i know you didn't mean any harm..............

And they laughed when garry monger's missus came round for a game of naked twister....................

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 09:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 114 of 127 in Discussion

Islandgirl

The system that w/man is pushing is not pirated - it is a legit system... but NOT in Cyprus..

If you take a subscription he cannot guarantee that you won't be disconnected - nor that any subscription could be renewed.

Another company ( Coldsat) got caught out when the receiver necessary to view got changed there was no infrastructure to get the right replacements to the clients in 'TRNC'..

You can buy a reconditioned sat receiver from Maplin for 27 Quid and bring it out to Cyprus - save a LOT over the 495 YTl W/man is charging

http://www.maplin.co.uk/b-grade-fortec-star-satellite-receiver-for-free-digital-tv-385031

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 115 of 127 in Discussion

"The system that w/man is pushing is not pirated - it is a legit system... but NOT in Cyprus.."

I recommended a free to air system to island girl - try to keep up,

"If you take a subscription he cannot guarantee that you won't be disconnected - nor that any subscription could be renewed."

I suppose that I can't guarantee that you may get disconnected for example, you may be accidentally get disconnected for some reason. What I can guarantee is that, if you do get accidentally disconnected, I guarantee to get you re-connected.

We already have customers in their 2nd year contracts, whose contracts we have renewed for them.

"Another company ( Coldsat) got caught out when the receiver necessary to view got changed there was no infrastructure to get the right replacements to the clients in 'TRNC'.."

mmmmmm knows nothing about our contacts, methods and business arrangements. His comments are that obviously biased that they should be viewed with extreme scepticism

rigsby

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 116 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,I have just heard about your system in the Ravine Bar,they are well pleased.

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 13:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 117 of 127 in Discussion

"You can buy a reconditioned sat receiver from Maplin for 27 Quid and bring it out to Cyprus - save a LOT over the 495 YTl W/man is charging"

And when you have a problem with it in Cyprus, on a Sunday at 4pm in the afternoon - who are you going to call - Maplins? Not the best piece of advice from mmmmmm, but then islandgirl, he's not interested in helping you, he is just interested in bad-mouthing me. My advice to you is to be very cautious of any advice that you receive on Cyprus 44 - even the advice that I offer becauae like mmmmmm, I have an ulterior motive. My motive is to supply you what you need at a reasonable price, so that , I can afford to help you when you have a problem - and not leave the phone ringing. We have been doing this in TRNC a long time - ask around, people know us and trust us.

Answering mmmmmm comments is a tedious task, but answer them I will - why ? Because, I know that I am right and further, I would never, ever dream of giving in to his harassment.

Washerman

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 118 of 127 in Discussion

Rigsby - I can't thank you enough for taking the time to come onto Cyprus 44 and post your kind comments.

If you ever need any help with Internet, your computer or, a satellite problem - give me a ring and identify yourself.

My numbers that same as it's always been for seven years in business in the TRNC - 0533 869 4372. If I ever lost my mobile telephone, I'd be snookered because it's the number that all our satisfied customers have

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 15:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 119 of 127 in Discussion

Dear Rigsby,

the system is fine.. it's making sure you'll always receive the pay channels that W/man 'ignores' -he CAN'T guarantee it - he isn't an official dealer - and IF Ad TV know that the client isn't in Cyprus - they may terminate the contract. Stating where the receivers are in public isn't 'wise'

Forth time of asking ..

1/AD TV have had the sports rights for less than a YEAR - so..how can anyone be in their second year of contract ?!

2/ Third time of asking - what will be the cost of AD TV next year ?

3/ As OSN were two different companies less than two years ago and their clients now have new receivers and encryption HOW can you state that you have clients in their second year ?

Simple questions - you NEVER answer them .. we both know why... This is Cyprus and too many people have paid for a years pay TV service for something they didn't get...

I helped folk to get OSN/ AD TV in Arab nations - for a LOT less - so how don't I know.. ?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 15:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 120 of 127 in Discussion

W/man

how often do sat receivers go wrong these days? Are Maplins likely to go under - esp. if you've paid by credit card?

You charge £192.96 - that must be a VERY expensive 1m dish...

TraceElliot

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 121 of 127 in Discussion

mmmmmm, you are stepping into a territory that you don't understand. Talk is very cheap and you have lots of it.

The point in question is "Sky tv..lost channels" (Name of the Thread). Dopi, Digital Supreme and Meta have had threads quite similar to this, over them losing OSN. Iceman, as he mentioned, doesn't sell TV packages. He installs dishes...? If you ring him and ask him to sort out your Sky subscription, he would probably tell you to go to the person/company you got the TV package from. There is a different between Iceman, Dopi, Digital Supreme, Meta and, - Washerman. You don't know it but me and the rest of his customers do. Thats why we will always stick with the systems he is selling, honoring and installing.

You are very unfortunate, I say this because you are actually trying to deliberately cause a fellow British mans business to fail. (TRYING). The unfortunate bit is that you actually think your being "man" about it.

Your weakness is the confidence that you

rigsby

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 15:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 122 of 127 in Discussion

Washerman,I will be visiting the TRNC soon and i will look you up.And Mark one of my Pace 2600 boxes has given me problems.And thats in the u/k.However i have a customer for them after they have been checked over.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 123 of 127 in Discussion

Rigsby, The Pace 2600 is THE most sought after SD receiver - even if it is faulty ( rare) you will find that you'll find a willing buyer for it .. they are always in demand..

TraceElliot

1/ Your posting history suggests you know w/man quite well..

2/ kindly be SPECIFIC as to any point I've made being incorrect..

3/ YES.. the thread topic WAS lost SKY channels - until w/man arrived thinking it was an opportunity to advertise 'his' overpriced ( compared to what it can be obtained for in the region for which it is intended) grey market product..

4/ As you mentioned it - how can he 'honor' a 'guarantee' he isn't officially authorised to make.. Ex-pats have blown a lot of money on Sat TV that doesn't deliver..

5/ I am NOT trying to 'destroy' anyone's business.. if they make untruthful claims try to overcharge - they do that themselves...

TraceElliot

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 124 of 127 in Discussion

As a customer of washermans service, I know him VERY well.

Incorrect information from you which is thought to be correct be you is few and far between, but incorrect information from you which is easily obtainable from a reliable source will be better suited to the incorrect informations you give, so can and does lead people astray from that actual truth.

The internet is intended to be used as a global marketing product. This is a public forum, selling a reasonable satellite product at a reasonable price on a thread which is under the category of Satellite TV is not being unreasonable.

The 'Honor' washerman gives is through his TRNC company. He is a tax paying, TRNC Company. He can and should support, and advertise his business all over the TRNC. Thats is NOT for you to delegate over.

"define:Destroy" in google....

do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of, damage irreparably;

Your word, not mine.

I think what you have done and are doing is unforgivable.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 125 of 127 in Discussion

Trace Elliot

2/ kindly be SPECIFIC as to any point I've made being incorrect..

It is noted you couldn't

>>I think what you have done and are doing is unforgivable.<<

I heard all this when Dopi were making promises I KNEW they couldn't keep ...

W/man is pushing 'his' product all over the threads - and making claims that are demonstrably incorrect ...why doesn't he pay for an advert ?

He is making assertions re illegalities and suggesting folk have 'illegal installations' yet HE was the guy fitting unlicensed 2.4GHz transmitters ;)

You asked me to search the net for 'destroy' ... I suggest you look up 'best price'.. if I see a better price I post it .. I don't post links that related to anything I am gain from...

Again - I've seen too many folk get taken in by 'TRNC' companies that push something they KNOW they can't guarantee - so please tell me - SPECIFICALLY - where I've said anything incorrect?

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 126 of 127 in Discussion

Enough is enough.

This has gone on for too long. I think everyone is now aware of the pros and cons of every system that is available. This thread is being closed and if it is replicated on another thread then the perpetrators will have their posting rights withdrawn.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
21/03/2011 18:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 127 of 127 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.